1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Zach Gentry

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Feb 23, 2020.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Nope, I know what I heard
    :frustrated:

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

@steelersrule6 you can keep following me around all you want and tag me with the "against the rules" tag but just remember you post this emoji to many people around here so what comes around I hope will go around. :shrug:

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    don't make it true. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Dude give it up, why would I make up a lie about a practice squad TE, he won't even make the team.

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    that's just what you do Dud. Wonder why you know this and the Steelers brass would keep a player around that is that bad? There are no facts to backup your statements and I have given you facts that way you are full of chit about this and most things you claim as fact. You give it up. Do some of your own research on the kid before you spout off things you say. Everything that comes from a guy at Steelers depot is not always accurate. Nor are your statements you put out as truth on here. Your credibility is crap on this site as far as I'm concerned. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am glad I am not the only one who see's this, nice post Mac. :thumbs_up:

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Dude you're full of crap, I told you I heard on the podcast on more than one occasion them mention Rader dropping passes in practice, those are the facts duh :facepalm:. Your credibility is :poopy: trying to pimp Cole MacDonald to the Steelers in the fourth round :roflmao:, you go do some freaking research.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

Turned in a pretty good performance at the combine, when not many have even heard of him prior. That's the difference I do the research, you say stupid chit. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I actually liked Cole McDonald's on field workouts yesterday. Sure, he is a toolsy QB who definitely needs to sit down but he is the type of QB teams are going to want in the future.

Besides, Matt Canada loves mobile QBs. Canada could definitely work with McDonald. All that said @mac daddyo, I am assuming the team meets with him to begin with and nevermind drafting him. In addition, I am also assuming that Paxton Lynch simply cannot be fixed.

This is not the year to draft for need. Value is the name of the game here. I have not the foggiest as to where Cole's draft ceiling will be but if he is still available in Round Four, giving him a look is not so bad.

10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Getting back on topic, Brycen Hopkins for me please in the second. Simply cannot go wrong there. Albert O I would look at but only if the team goes elsewhere in the second. Hopefully Albert O is available by the time the comp pick rolls around.

11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    And he will be another bust just like all those other Hawaii QBs, they put up big numbers against crap defenses.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers can't afford to draft project players in the fourth round, they need to fill holes with their first 3 picks who can contribute now.

13. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    I have watched every game Cole McDonald has played for UH.

he was benched a couple of times for throwing too many interceptions, he's nothing more than a system QB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Not necessarily. The need was already filled via Minkah Fitzpatrick. The rest of the picks in this draft have to be based on value.

Obtaining a need vs a value after Round One can be cataclysmic. For example, Javon Hargrave is likely to leave so there will be a need to replace him. However, let's assume Chase Claypool will be available at pick 49. Do we go for a Defensive Tackle instead; doubly so if the likes of Ross Blackcock or presumably Neville Gallimore are not available?!?!

15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    we have 2 fourth round picks.:cool:

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Heck Bradshaw was benched for throwing interceptions too. the kid can also run. I like that in a backup. We are not talking about a first round pick here. He can throw and he can run. I don't think we just sit and not keep looking as ben ages.:cool:

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    like Ben and bradshaw? They didn't exactly play against power 5 conferences. :cool:

18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Don't waste your time Mac if it isn't on twitter he don't know about it.

19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I didn't say they have to address NT in the second round, I would wait until the third or maybe the fourth round to pick a NT, if Hamilton or Gallimore are there in the third take one of them. Right now I would lean towards WR, TE, or a RB at #49 if Jonathan Taylor was available.

20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Get a life loser, you have nothing better to do than click against the rules on every post :facepalm:.

21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Imagine comparing a Hawaii QB to hall of famers like Ben and Bradshaw :roflmao::facepalm:. Name one Hawaii QB who has done anything in the NFL, I will be waiting (crickets).

22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Again, need should never be the absolute goal after Round One. In addition, I was using the Nose Tackle position as an example and not a point of emphasis. Rounds two and beyond you go for the best player available.

For example, Lucas Niang from TCU could be an option assuming he meets up with Pittsburgh at some point. As asinine as that sounds, an Offensive Tackle could become a higher priority depending on how the rest of March shapes up. Nevermind March, the NFL Draft Board will determine that in it of itself.

In short?! Let the draft come to you. Do not reach for a player just because you need said player at that position; Rounds 2 and beyond doubly so and no less. Best player available and go on from there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    And they have many holes to fill, not waste a pick on a run and shoot QB :shrug:.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    twist it however you want, that's what you do after making unfounded comments, but you brought up the competition he played against. I showed you other great qbs played against lesser competition. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    And those guys were first round picks for a reason