1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Zach Banner Steps Up

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Formerscribe, Jul 15, 2020.

1. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Knox, I usually like what you throw down around here. And you are certainly entitled to your opinion. And I'm also one of the first to enjoy jumping on the get-formerscribe bandwagon, if not building one myself. But I really think you're taking this too far. Whether the topic is political or not is up for debate and really depends on our own personal experiences and beliefs. But we, and this entire country, really need a hug right now. Some feel-good story about Steeler players should be a good thing. I hate to come right out and agree with formerscribe, but I have to on this one.

This story made formerscribe feel good and it was Steeler related. That can't be a terrible thing, can it?

• Like Like x 2
  2. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I would have only done it to poke the bear. No malice intended. And honestly, I hadn't heard about the Jackson story before you brought it up.

3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    And that, to me, is precisely the issue that I have with the thread. Someone got their feelings hurt - you. What Jackson said was disgusting and wrong. We all agree about that. My issue is that I dont feel like this is the forum to beeyotch about it. It is crap like this that is tearing apart this country at the seams and giving bigots a platform to spew their hate. I'm sure that every single person on this MB can come up with examples of personally being offended, mistreated, or discriminated against. But some people want to shout from the mountaintops about how their own personal feelings and offenses against them is somehow more significant or important than someone else's. Why does a steelers MB need every f$#king thread to devolve into some us vs them political, race, or social injustice topic? We all need to just get the f#$k over ourselves and toughen the f#$k up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    No not a terrible thing at all. Place and time is all I'm saying. And the result of the thread is predictable and calculated for someone who claims to be so smart.

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m glad that there has been no acrimony in this thread caused by this particular statement, but it was definitely something that should never have been said.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You wrote that the problem you had with this thread was that it was political. Now that I proved my motivation wasn't political by talking about my personal connection to the issue, you have changed your tune. Be careful moving the goalposts around like that. You will strain something.

I didn't start this thread to complain about Jackson. I started it to praise Banner and then later added Heyward. I am praising them for pushing back against the kind of thing that is tearing this country apart. They are pushing back against people spewing hate. I am praising them for it and somehow you have a problem with that?

Also, I find it amusing that you are saying people need to toughen up when your previous post was mostly complaining about how much you are troubled by the way I post on a message board.

This thread is about two Steelers talking about unity and respect for others even if those others are different. If you can't get behind that message, I'm not sure how to help you.

7. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Sorry that it might have been taken as anything but good natured ribbing. Please accept my apology to anyone thinking I was being anti-semitic. I thought that by stating it after the fact and winking that it would be understood that it was a joke. I honestly did not mean any harm.

8. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Understood. Removed anyway.

9. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Spin it however you want to and twist my words to fit whatever narrative you want. I haven't changed my tune at all. You started a thread about a topic related to a perceived social injustice, which is political at its core. And thanks for your concern, but I don't need you telling me what I should or shouldn't do. You know where you can shove that.

And to say I have a problem with what Banner said or did is dubious and misleading. I never criticized Banner. I criticized you for starting the thread here in the first place because I don't think it belongs here in this forum. And as you have already pointed out, I'm not a mod and it isn't my call. But I'm going to say my peace just like you did. You dont like what I said, so be it. The feeling is mutual.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Knox and Scribe, you’ve said your peace. Let’s leave it at that. Thanks.

• Like Like x 4
  11. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup. Not that there is a lot of political talk going here anyway. Just took a look at the main forum and nope, see a bunch of football threads.

What Glenn can’t see is all the threads that are deleted that are political or non football related.

13. leveraged

leveraged Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Exactly how is the OP thread political? Damn SMH. A relevant Steeler player standing up for a religion is political? WTF? Is it political because you think your religion is right and there's is wrong?

14. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    8f3f3e8.png

• Agree Agree x 1