1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Zac Stacey requests trade... Interested?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SGSteeler, May 1, 2015.

1. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I'm not saying that I'm in favor of it, but would you be willing to move a pick for Stacey if the price is right? He reportedly requested a trade as soon as Gurley was selected. I know we just signed Williams, but he will be here for only a year or two. I'm not even certain what it would take? 6-7th rounder? What do you all think?

2. steelerdavidismyname

steelerdavidismyname Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015

I would have to say no. I mean if he is requesting a trade, it's probably cause he, and his agent want way more playing time to try and up his eventual free agency asking price. So how happy would he even be here behind Bell ?

3. antennaman1969

antennaman1969 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Not necessarily. Todd Gurley is the marquee-player elephant in the room. Zac Stacey is at the very least is gonna lose carries if Gurley is really ready to go.
    He might become a forgotten man real quick.

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I'd wait to see how the draft played out. But probably wouldn't pull the trigger on that deal.

5. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I wouldn't want a guy who is afraid of competition

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    agree, my other thought on the matter that I didn't write.

Same with Mettenberger and Tenn. but I think those players know a high pick will get more chances. Money plays as they say.

7. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Why would Stacy want to go to a team with the best RB in the league if he's requesting a trade because his team drafted a high ranked prospect?

8. thekingofohio7777

thekingofohio7777 Active Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Makes sense. We already have a solid backup in DeAngelo Williams and one of the best RBs in the NFL. So why would we spend a 6th or 7th on Stacy?