1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Yucky feeling going into the season. :(

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dirty, Sep 3, 2015.

1. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Can't remember the last time, I had so much angst and apathy going into the start of a season.

- Bell out for 4 games
    - Bryant now out
    - Pouncey is out again (please don't ever play in the preseason again)
    - We signed Vick
    - Now Brady is no longer suspended (they are going to be playing out of their minds on Thursday)
    - We signed Vick (yep had to put it a second time)
    - Am I forgetting anything?

But a win over the Pats will go a long way to right the ship. :) Just needed to vent.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Bell only out 2 games

3. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh yeah. Totally getting confused with all the punishments flying around and 4 seems like a popular number. :) But that is better for sure.

4. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Let them let Bell play in the Cheatriots game with us. Do you think the courts will do it.

5. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Well. There is "some" good news:

Game 1- The Pats secondary is "very" suspect and have shown clear signs of struggling in pre-season. They don't have the guys they did last yr.

Game 2- San Fran does not have Harbs anymore, and we play them at home @ Heinz Field.

Game 3- The Rams... well, their record over the last several season speaks for itself. However, it could be a "trap game" if approached lightly.

Game 4- Baltimore comes to Heinz field. As usual, that game could go either way.

Game 5- If no injuries and no one else gets suspended, we'll have all the starters back.

• Like Like x 4
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

we are on kicker #3
    timmons has turf toe
    mitchell has a sprained ankle and hasn't played at all with shark.
    tuitt is coming off a sprained ankle.
    we still have cam thomas.
    dri is still muffing punts.
    did we mention we signed mike vick.:facepalm: sorry.
    shamarko and will allen don't look good together.
    other than this we should kick the chit out of the pats next week.:shrug::cool:

7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The secondary is sorry including the safeties.
    Cam Thomas, please...
    Hope to get Timmons and Tuitt back.
    Hopefully Dri Archer is not taking up a roster spot.

Ben and the O will have to go toe to toe. They are the best Defense to win the 1st game. If not, it's going to be ugly...

8. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    They suck... We will crush `em!!!!:sword:

LOL!...

Yeah, it ain`t gonna be easy, but, I honestly believe this version of the Steelers, plays better,
    when their backs are up against the wall, than when they "Expect" to win...

Yes, that is a problem in and of itself, and the injuries are a problem...

But, I`m not giving up hope, that we can walk into Gillette Stadium, and humble Marcia Brady...

I agree it`s gonna be on Ben, more than the D, but I believe it can be done..

Wish we didn`t have the injuries/suspensions, but, if we can fight thru that, and beat the almighty Pats at home...

LOOK OUT!!!:herewego!::towel::steelflag::herewego!:...

If not, SO WHAT?:shrug:

Everyone expected us to lose anyway...

We will have 15 more games to get in the playoffs, and bring #7 home, to Tha Burgh!!!:thumbs up:

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Generally when I have a "Yucky" feeling, they have a good year. Generally when I have a good feeling they play poorly. This is why I don't bet. This year, I'm with Yucky.

10. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
  11. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Shamarko Thomas starting safety... Yucky

12. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    It's always scary when you are as banged up as we are. Plus the suspensions. All teams can expect to lose a couple starters to injury during the year as well. Deep teams go on to win playoff games. We have no depth anywhere but maybe LB. If I was a betting man...and I'm not... I'd probably guess the over under to be 7-9.

13. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL too true. So maybe this is a good thing then.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    when i have that yucky feeling my nurse usually comes in and changes my depends. :smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm cautiously optimistic. I always believe, but man o' man, we sure do have to fight an uphill battle... at least for now.

16. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Well we know one thing for sure, we sure got no depth on defense. Not to say our starters are anything to brag about. All we need is a few play-makers who can actually make a play & we should be OK..

17. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    You all should know by now even if your a young fan, you cant predict what kind of a season the steelers will have in advance, I thought for sure the 08 superbowl team would repeat and they went 8-8, and when they was the six seed in the playoffs no one gave them a chance to make it to the superbowl but they did, so I dont even bother to think about what their season will be, I just let it unfold and think positive, they do some amazing things sometimes, and maybe this year will be one of those times....

18. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree, sometimes you never know what they will do. But I think the more MAYBE's you have going into the season, means your more likely to not do good, and this year we have many MAYBE's. We just don't know this year, but seems like the MAYBE's outweighs what we know for sure.

19. grayghost668

grayghost668 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    there has been a lot of changes this year,they looked bad during preseason,it has been a long time since I was this pessimistic at the start of the season

20. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    With the potential our offense has if our D can just play "OK" we have a great shot at the playoffs. I'm excited to see how they do and as much as I love and respect Lebeau for what he did for us in the past I agree that it was time for him to move on. Maybe now we'll see some in game adjustments to the game plan based upon what our opponents are doing instead of just sticking with what we had going in no matter what happens in the game.

Barring further injuries or suspensions I'm not worried about the offense. The defense? While I have major doubts that we'll be a top 10 defense this year even if we're average or just slightly better than average I see the potential for an 11-5 season and a playoff run.

21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

There is always maybe's in pre season, coaches are looking at mainly 37 players the rookies and UFAs to evaluate whether some of them show any promise or not, none of the plays on either side of the ball are scripted and the coaches are more interested in situational plays than they are in the score board, it's vanilla football games to see who is going to make the roster and who isnt, I equate it too a class room to see who passes or who flunks out....

22. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree with the vanilla football and situational plays, and score board means nothing in pre season, but when you start to see more individual match ups going against you, instead of beating your man opposite you, ( on defense) you start to get that icky feeling and you start to say " they are who we thought they were".

You are right that sometimes you get surprised, but other times you just know they they are going to be good. This year steeler's have way too many maybe's on defense to say they will be good, at least for the first half of the year. We shall see soon enough.

23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    We will be fine, no worries.

24. Supersteeler

Supersteeler Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2015
    On the bright side, I'd feel pretty great going into the season if we only had to play offense. :shrug:

25. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Sometimes teams can surprise. I had that yucky feeling every season from around 1984 till 1992 but the team still managed a few decent seasons.