1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

YT’s nfl Sunday ticket is $$$

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Apr 11, 2023.

1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Is she single?

;+)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Married with a kid

But if an uncle can think this “she’s hot”

• Like Like x 2
  3. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This NFL+ thing is a horse $#!+ and total joke. Basically pay the league for nothing and get the exact same access during a game that we’ve always gotten for free because of commercial breaks.

The future of only watching this sport is going to be pay based. And we will STILL suffer through frequent long commercials breaks advertising plastic junk made in China because the players need to catch their breath.

Soccer fans complain about American football because of stoppages and our uniforms don’t look like a stupid nascar. Advertising ruins so much. But at least we could watch games for free.

Not in the future. The NFL has systematically been building - incrementally to the point where it’s a fully paid sport to watch live.

Sure, I’ve watched lots of games after the fact because life didn’t align. It’s ok, but NOTHING compares to watching the game drama play out in real time before your eyes. It’s what separates sports from almost every other aspect of entertainment that has a pre determined outcome movies, books, music etc… Someone scripted it. Not live sports…

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Without NFL+, I don't get to watch half of the games at all. Sure, it's annoying to avoid all outlets that might show me a score until the game is over, but at least I do get to watch it. I've been doing it for years and only had the score spoiled for me once. This doesn't count the opener last year, when I knew the game went to overtime before I started watching, but I didn't know the final result. For less than $100 for the entire season, that holds value for me. Being able to re-watch games at any time, or to watch the all-22 later, also has value.

That is probably what I'll end up doing again this year. I just have a hard time justifying the extra $250ish for NFL Ticket.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    You from South Carolina?

6. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It’s very super hard for me to have the discipline to not spoil the outcome and keep checking in on the game during the action in some way if it’s blacked out from me. Never mind family and friends calling and texting about game updates.

I somewhat get the value in the ancillary options they offer by selling the that stuff while trying to throw people off the scent that you are paying them good money and still can’t watch the live game if it’s not in your area. WTH?

They don’t want to offer the option of paying for your teams games individually because teams like The Crygirls and The Steelers would draw the biggest revenue while other teams like Jacksonville and The Vikings would pull far less ad revenue in their smaller markets.

I’m not giving them an extra dime until I can pay and watch my Steelers live for a reasonable price. I’d rather give the extra money to a local small business bar owner in my community drinking beer and eating wings than the loaded NFL finding every nook and cranny to squeeze money for a product that is a compromise.

Upwards of $400. for a few months of games with more hoops to jump through sucks. I have to bounce out of youtube TV to see some other game action instead of pressing one button on my remote between games is a lame option. And I don’t want to have multiple screens in my living room either. They are making it more expensive AND complicated in a world where technology should be making things easier - that’s what people pay for. But they are gouging. Eff them…

• Like Like x 1
  7. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    originally pitt but yeah been here a long time (unfortunately)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I get that, all of it. I just have a different perspective.

There isn't a good sports bar nearby for me to watch the games. I would happily have lunch and a drink or two while watching the game if I could find a good location, but there isn't one convenient for me.

I've got the self-discipline part down. It wasn't easy at first, but I've gotten used to it. My friends and family all know I watch games that way, so they don't text me during games. That is one part I miss, texting with friends or posting on here during the game, but there are compensations. I get to fast forward through the breaks in the action.

Calling it price gouging is certainly fair. To me, NFL+ is reasonable. NFL Ticket, not so much.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Or they should let you purchase a plan for one team, I'm not spending $400 bucks on Sunday ticket.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. RichD

RichD Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2019
    I cut the cord /dish over 10 years ago. Thinking back over the years on criminal things I did to watch games. Cable splitters off neighbors, descrambled DTV cards etc. :facepalm: Hell I talked my Dad into a Gigantic Dish that took us hours to put together in the late 80`s.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    It is live to me even if I am a couple of hours behind the rest of the world.

Those games I watch on NFL+ last year on Sunday night beat the hell out of those crappy stream games I was watching Sunday afternoon. I guess for me last year the Steelers always played Sunday Night. :)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    I must be past middle-aged. That NFL ticket fee, doesn't even get a second glance. Easy no. I don't even live in Steelers territory, so I get to see maybe 3 or 4 games a year, 2 or less when they stink and 4+ when they're good. Usually the chosen AFC game in my area (Falcon territory), I get stuck watching Jacksonville somewhat often, but also Chiefs past few years (makes sense).

No matter how much I'd like to see the Steeler games, I am not forking over $40+/game, not a chance. I'll check out the highlights later in the evening. Season tickets several thousand a seat? For 8 games? Yeesh. An easy no as well, makes the NFL TV ticket more appealing, watch from home, nice climate controlled, no traffic gridlock, cheap(er) food. I go to A game (thats baseball and football combined) about once a year, and usually wish I had spent my time better afterward. I don't get the live appeal at all. The $$$$ parking, the time to get to and from the game, a three hour game takes about 7 hours of the day. I know, I know, I just don't understand or I am not a "true" fan, or whatnot.

Now, if I get a huge raise or my next job jumps me into the mid 100k's and I start having serious funny money to throw around, maybe then I'll overpay for this NFL Sunday Racket...er, Ticket.

• Like Like x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Problem is....IMO....if You are not seeing it live as it plays......Why not just wait for the replay on NFL Network. They always show them.
    I must watch it....as it happens, or the MOJO is off. LoL
    Hell I rather close My eyes , and listen to the game live than a watch a replay later after the game is over..

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Were you able to use that dish to talk to aliens? Or maybe @forgotten1 ?

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I seriously wonder if sports bars are going to start charging cover fees. Leagues are causing them to buy crazy packages n shytt. At some point they're losing money buy apple, yt, Amazon and so on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I also liked that the full game replayed, minutes after the game ended did not include any commercials.

And before making the move I tried to watch/record a replay on the NFL network, but they were not playing the Steelers game that week. If I remember correctly they were only replaying 1 game a night during the regular season. During the Preseason it seemed like they replayed all the games every week. I was using a streaming app for NFL channel, and didn't have access to their on demand programs.

• Like Like x 1
  17. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    OUCH
    SHOTS FIRED

18. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    BTW GFY

Elvis is dead to me. LOL

Sidenote: This thread title has and still does put in my head the band Y&T.
    Sunday ticket? Where and for the love of all get out why would they be playing somewhere.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is the 1st song that came in My mind when You said Y&T

20. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I would imagine it is coming. I am from the radio age, but Harrisburg area last year did not pick up the Steelers games for the first time in forever. I guess I could pay to listen, but I am a stubborn old ass and just hate giving up the old ways lol.

21. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Im originally from Pittsburgh, i now live in red bank Sc… where are you?

• Like Like x 1
  22. soulkitchen

soulkitchen Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Yep. No commercials, and all the games available after they end within most times a few minutes. Just need to condition yourself that the Steelers play at 4PM most weekends and then stay off the board and don't answer your phone or look at texts.

• Like Like x 2
  23. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Time warp to 80's with a HEAVY metal detector and a bazooka.

Back then I remember begging adults to take us to bars in Erie to watch the games that weren't on TV. The Buffalo stadium is closer so Erie is a Bills market.

• Like Like x 1
  24. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    The Dirty Myrtle :facepalm:

• Like Like x 2
  25. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Wow… you got the name right!