1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

You're Adults/Take Responsibility !!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by fanfav, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    FIRE MIKE THOMPSON!

2. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think so Glenn. Copied this from the rule book. Couldn't find anything about coaches and injured players. I may just be searching the PDF file/book wrong

ATTENDANTS ON FIELD ONLY ON TEAM TIMEOUTS Article 2 Either or both team attendants and their helpers may enter the field to attend their team during a team timeout by either team. No other non-player may come on the field without the Referee’s permission, unless he is an incoming substitute (5-2-2). During any team timeout, all playing rules continue in force. Representatives of either team are prohibited from entering the field unless they are incoming substitutes, or team attendants or trainers entering to provide for the welfare of a player, and any game-type activities are prohibited on the Field of Play.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    That applies to a team timeout, not an injury timeout.

4. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    doesn't matter if it's a rule or not. It's never been enforced therefore it's no longer a valid rule. You cannot enforce a rule on Porter when it's never been enforced on anyone else.

I do recall once or twice coaches going on the field during injuries and going after players that caused the injury. I can't recall who but I think I've seen it before. Did Cowher maybe? Anyway you can't fine Porter with out knowing the facts. Video looks like Ben'sGals started it and went after him.

5. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    True BUT, I also listening to the shows on ESPN the announcers are all saying what was Joey doing on the field. I think it was Mike Golic said, the refs have always looked the other way when coaches of all kind came to an injured player. I do not think it is covered in the rule book but as Golic said, I bet it's covered in the 2016 book. I don't think Joey gets fined BUT being a Steeler. All bets could be off there. I also think Muncheck stopped nelson and nelson smarted off and check just pushed him away. If he does get fined I bet he would wish he had kicked nelson in the Johnny