1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

You're Adults/Take Responsibility !!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by fanfav, Jan 11, 2016.

1. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    It's just mind numbing to me that even after.a couple days to cool off, Pac Man nor Burfect are accepting any responsibility for their actions.

Today on ESPN, Merl Hodge placed much emphasis on Pac Man and Burfects lack of willingness to accept any responsibility whatsoever for their actions. Instead, Jones & Burfect preference is to lay blame on Joey Porter while claiming Antonio Brown flopped to incite a flag. And this isn't even mentioning their blaming the refs. I like Hodge (on ESPN today) agree that Porter probably shouldn't have been out there on the field, but does that give Pac Man the right to shove him ? I'm just astonished at the behavior of these two guys. Accept responsibility and grow up !!

Also, without mentioning names, the same should apply to certain Steeler players as well. Why should the actions of a few affect the hard work sacrifice and dedication that other players put in ? Or is it that cliche adage "once a thug, always a thug " It is an honor and a privilege to play in the NFL -ACT LIKE IT !!

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I like Hodge. Porter being on the field wasn't the problem, Jones lack of intelligence was. All he had to do is say to a ref, hey, whats "Jerry" Porter doing out here. Problem solved. But no, he stayed true to his nature and acted like a thug.

Thank you numbskull for helping us win the game and send your team home....again.

• Like Like x 4
  3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I hope they all have sour grapes all year long. I used to respect the Bengals franchise a lot prior to this season. Not anymore.
    From the fans down the were totally classless this year. Throwing beer cans and cheering twice for a player being hurt.
    You wouldn't even see things like that out of Baltimore, and they are biggest rival.

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Not once did I see Baltimore have players that purposely try to hurt Steeler players. Seems like thats all Burfict cared about

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Sadly, that's the generation we live in today. It's not just Bengals players, it's the whole world and it sickens me. Nobody is accountable for their own actions these days, they always try to blame someone else. Little Johnny gets a scrape at school while playing on the swings, better sue the school board for millions and demand swings be taken out across the country. That's the world we live in today.

I hope they never accept responsibility. I hope that until the end of time they blame Brown, Porter and the refs for us winning. I want to live in their dreams. I want them to blame us for world hunger. I want the Bengals players to obsess over us. The more they hate us, the more we're in their heads and the more likely it is that they'll never be able to beat us.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Pacman couldn't even get both Porter and Brown's names right today calling Porter Jerry Porter and calling AB Antonio Bryant. For as badly as the Bengals screwed things up at the end of the game the Steelers still had to make some big time plays to win that game that without those plays the Shazier fumble, Toussant adjusting on the screen by Ben on 3rd and 2, AB and Ben converting a 4th and 3, and Boswell making a clutch FG in the rain under enormous pressure. Without any of those plays being made the Steelers still don't win this game despite the ridiculous Moronic penalties taken by the Bungles at the end of the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Yeah. I heard him refer to Joey as Jerry. Absolutely clueless.

It's just sad because had either accepted even some blame theirs a good chance the spectacular play of Shazier, Boswell, Toussaint, Bryant and Ben would not have been so grossly overshadowed.

8. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I think that you're just dealing with two really stupid human beings.

It's comedy to everyone but themselves and a bunch of Bengal fans.

Just sit back and enjoy.

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Is a coach not allowed to assist with an injured player?

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    And Pacman went to college?

11. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I love it when they cry. It's music to my ears.

Is anyone in the media talking about any of the stuff Burfict did besides the hit on Brown? Swinging at our trainer, stomping on Fosters foot, kneeing Ben in the shoulder, Shoving Porter, ...what else am I missing? And the problem they have is Porter came on the field. lol They are trying to deflect the attention because they know public opinion is the only chance they have of not getting half their pay checks taken. Suspensions could be coming. Im afraid the league is going to hit us with fines or suspensions as well just to appear "fair" I really hope the team is able to send a video of the crap they were pulling to the league...because there was more shenanigans from the Bengals then most people realize.

12. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    No

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I never knew that. I've seen Tomlin go out and check on an injured player before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    It's never called

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Got ya.

16. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yes, they're allowed to. Every Sunday you see coaches being allowed to do it. There are rules against personnel on the field, but it's referee discretion and never penalized.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I totally agree that society has become a bunch of whiners. The reason common sense doesn't even have a place in society anymore is because people are afraid of idiots with lawyers. I heard the other day about a lawyer trying to get a criminal off the hook and was trying to make a cop look bad on the stand. So the lawyer said "Do you trust your fellow officer?" and the cop said "Yes sir I do. With my life." The lawyer then said "Do you have a locker here at the courthouse?" and the cop said "Yes. I do." and the lawyer said "And do you have a lock on the locker???" and he said "Yes. I do." and the lawyer said "Well if you trust your fellow cop then why do you have a lock on your locker???" and the cop said "Well we actually share that locker room with all the employees at the courthouse and sometimes lawyers walk through there." LOL!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    There was a photo when Bernard was down and there were 9 coaches from the Bengals on the field. If Peezy gets fined, all he needs to do is get photos of other assistance who have been on the field during an injury time out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Suggs cheapshotted Blount last year. Still was nothing like the Bengals.

Steelers do some dirty stuff too sometimes. I can't think of a "clean" team.

I agree that the Ravens are nowhere near as dirty as the Bengals are.

Bengals are 70s Raiders dirty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Assistant coaches are not allowed on the field, but they are given latitude by the refs to be out there following injuries. If Porter was out there running his mouth and dropping f bombs (I don't know if he was or not, but an official certainly should have), then he should have been flagged since he wasn't out there helping with the injury. If he was helping and Jones started then pushed him then the Bengals got what they deserved.

21. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    True, as an assistant he shouldn't have been out there. But like you said, it's the ref's discretion, and as TTF said, it's rarely penalized.

Moreover, I've seen a screen cap or two that shows a ref RIGHT NEXT TO JP - if he were out there dropping F bombs or goading the other team, I would have to think the ref would have either told him to exit or would have thrown a flag. Just more BS cooked up by the Bengals to deflect attention from their inexcusable behavior.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The two Bengals might be adults age wise. but definitely children emotionally and mentally. It was fitting that they got what they deserved. I just hope there is more punishment headed their way.

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I also like how people keep saying how he's not even an offensive coach. WTF does that even mean, that he's not allowed to care about him because he doesn't pay defense. :facepalm:

24. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It's pretty simple really....it's like when you're dead,you don't know that you're dead it's only difficult for others......well it's the same when you're stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  25. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    coaches go on the field all of the time. It's nothing new. It's comical to hear espn hacks go off like it was sooo crazy that he's out there. They don't even consider what was said to Porter...or that Porter was surrounded and shoved. They don't consider the fact that Burfict was shoving our trainer. Maybe Porter was reacting to something they did? I know crazy right...those bengals would never do that. GMAFB

Even if porter went out there to talk trash... lets say he's totally guilty..he just ran out there and started talking trash... that gives the bengals the right to physically assault our coach? That makes their actions ok? lol To get inside the mind of a bengal fan...scary how stupid they actually are.