1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Your too early prediction for the 2023 Steelers?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, May 21, 2023.

1. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I expect us to be good. If we can beat the 49ers and Browns at home in the first two weeks we absolutely should be playing the Ravens at home for a 5-0 start. 12-5 is possible as shown below (that is going 3-3 in division too). I am sure we will lose to a Raiders/Texans/Cardinals in Tomlin fashion at one point in the season, but we are a better team than most of our schedule. Just going to have to find a way to win the close games and stay as healthy as we can.

The Raiders, Texans, Rams, Titans, Cardinals, and Colts should all be pretty bad teams. The Packers, Browns (x2), and Patriots should all be below average teams that will win some games but not really be huge playoff threats. The Ravens (x2), Jags, and Seahawks are all playoff contenders. SF and Cincy (x2) I would consider "elite" level teams.

10 games are going to be against bad or below average teams while only 4 are against good teams and 3 against elite teams. We manage to go 6-0 against the bad, 3-1 against the below average, 2-2 against the playoff teams, and 1-2 against the elite teams and we are looking at 12-5 season. The formula is there for us to have a good season, but it will all come down to KFP and his progression and injuries (as it usually does). If KFP progresses and we stay relatively healthy, we should be good. If KFP stays the same and we take injuries to key pieces, then we could be an 8-9 win team just as easily.

SF - Win
    Browns - Win
    @ Raiders - Win
    @Texans - Win
    Ravens - Win
    BYE
    @ Rams - Win
    Jaguars - Loss
    Titans - Win
    Packers - Win
    @Browns - Loss
    @ Bengals - Loss
    Cardinals - Win
    Patriots - Win
    @ Colts - Win
    Bengals - Win
    @Seahawks - Loss
    @ Ravens - Loss

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

I suppose it’s mathematically possible, but with 7 teams making the playoffs now, the odds of an 11 win team missed out would be very, very slim.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    12-5 would be amazing but you know if it happens the way you listed we'd probably all be pissed cause those last 2 loses would probably knock us out of the only bye week.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Yeah, you're probably right haha

The end of our season is tougher than the middle, so we will have to play very well to end the year with a bunch of wins. I also kinda arbitrarily picked a few games to lose based on being away and against the higher end teams we play. The main point of the exercise was to show we could go 8-2 or 9-1 in the games that we are supposed to win and go sub .500 (3-4) against good teams and still end the season with 11-12 wins. We can also go .500 in AFC North games and have a great season (as North teams make up 4 of our 7 high end match up games with the Bengals and Ravens).

I think 11 is the benchmark this year. We should win 11 games... We might not take the North because Burrow and the Bengals are still going to be tough to overtake, but we should be a playoff team this season.

• Like Like x 2
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 2
  7. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    For the second tweet,the steelers would not make the playoffs in this scenario even if their record would be better that the chiefs.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

We are in trouble:rolleyes:...He is the same stupid GM who trade up for Mark Sanchez in 2009 and give up a huge extension after 3 bad years of Sanchez after the 2011 season

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    wow,
    the PIPE is lit and burning!

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Broncos, Ravens, Bills, and Jets. All will have less wins than shown here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If tannenbum said it expect the exact opposite. I actually don't know if I have ever seen someone that talks on tv that gives off so much ....I'm slow, and I don't actually know how I ever became a GM vibes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm not buying 10 wins for the Browns. Sports media assumes that Deshaun Watson will return to 2018 form. I don't think he's gonna be that great. Browns have good starters on OL and defense, but not a lot of depth behind the star players. If injuries start piling up, they are screwed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Wow. I missed them. I should have added them to My list, but I didn't realize they gave them 10 wins. LoL

14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah, I think 10 is their ceiling. 7 is their floor... should be listed around 8 or 9.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    What exactly is far-fetched about my assessment? I did note that it depends on Kenny's progress, and if he doesn't progress from last season we are likely an 8-9 win team again.... I expect him to improve, and like his chances of turning into a good NFL QB.

Got anything to add aside from an insult? Or nah?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not worried about those AFC East teams records being that good, the Jets have a tough early schedule, they will struggle IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

I agree and this is so unlikely to have 10 teams in the same conference with 10 wins(and 8 with 11 wins).The chiefs with only 10 wins is unlikely too

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    #1, I sure the hell hope the AFCN is not that good except the Steelers, of course. #2, screw the Jets and State Farm boy. I'd get great satisfaction out of pounding Rodgers in a Playoff game. Idiot ain't winning 12 games in the AFC. #3, how sweet seeing the Patriots in last place.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we should win some games and loose no more. part of a quote from a famous philosopher. ;):smiley1::cool:

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 I care what dogs think of me. That’s about it.

Oct 26, 2011
    Pimpleocrates

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Exactly. There's a reason this guy talks on TV and radio and can't get a job in football anymore.

I don't trust his evaluations. I'll make my own assessments of players, thank you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

I'm not sure why every season there are a large number of "experts" that predict the Browns to win a ton of football games. You would think that the Browns franchise would have to prove something before they get that kind of respect, but I think everyone is just trying to be the smartest person in the room by picking the lowly franchise to do something great....when they never do.

Every year, there are people picking the Browns to finish ahead of the Steelers. These dope "experts" that have been doing it for years should lose their credibility and their jobs for being so bad at their jobs. I know they are just trying to create a buzz and draw attention to themselves, but they only look like idiots picking the bottom-feeders to knock off the successful franchises that have solid seasons almost every year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Last time the Browns finish ahead of the steelers were in 1989...Their hype since 2019 is such a joke!

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    The NFC has about 3 good teams. Not sure why Aaron Rodgers came to the AFC. He will not win another Super Bowl. Will be lucky to make the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 2