1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Pros and Cons from the Denver Game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by pellynch14, Sep 9, 2012.

1. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    What are your Pros and Cons from tonight's game.

Pros: Lots of Heath Miller, Dwyer looked good! O line managed not to get Ben killed, Special Teams did not give up any big returns

Cons: Everything else in the game :frustrated:

2. TwentyFourSeven

TwentyFourSeven Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    It's still going on. Lots can happen.

3. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Lots of Heath, offense possessed the ball, had decent pressure in the first quarter (2 sacks, and a turnover)

Our defense was awful most of the game despite being given an hour to rest, the offensive line seriously hinders the ability of this team to rise to the occasion

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  5. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Good post.

6. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011

You were saying?

7. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Cons - we LOOK lost

8. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Pro: Miller looked good.

Con: Not a single player otherwise did.

FDLI

9. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You must have gone to bed early and missed the last series when we gave up three sacks.

10. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I would use the term "pros" rather loosely. I saw no pro's on the field wearing Steeler uniforms.

But just wait till post game and Tomlin will make everyone feel great with one of his witty sayings.....that should make everyone feel good.

Excuse me while I resist the urge to puke..

rutan

11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Pros: Miller is going to have a solid year. The short passing game was working, Ben was initially taking the check downs, Oline wasn't as bad at first but injuries caused a big drop off. Dwyer was making the most of his opportunies.

Cons: As point out by someone on here numerous times No Ryan Clark means Troy is less of a threat. Ziggy Hood is no Aaron Smith< I personally would like to see what heyward has. Blitzes weren't so predictable but since the Dline didn't rip holes in the Broncos Oline and got bunched up most times five guys were able to block six. Redman didn't look strong. Haley's playbook was a bit too much, needs to trim it down. Not seeing a huge reason to keep Pope around since he whiffed several times worse than DJ ever did.

Lots to work on, Lots LOTS!!!!

12. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    PROS
    Time of Pos
    Dwyer....Ben....Miller, Brown, Sanders, Wallace all did well.

CONS
    Peyton Manning is still Peyton Manning....he would have continued to hit passes all night long....whoops...he just completed another one...
    Steelers have speed at WR but no "JUMP BALL" guy.

Ben trusts his arm sometimes more than his receivers.....He will force it into a small window....but won't just toss it up to let his guy try to make a play.

Rainey was not able to get one return off.....and Rainey on 3rd down is about useless. Its a passing down with lots of DB's in the game watching him....He needs to be used more on 1st and 2nd....to float out of the backfield as a checkdown....get him out in space.

BA to TH.....hard to see a difference when he is just running those draw plays over and over. Give Dwyer and Redman a head of steam moving forward...don't just have Ben keep running back to them.

PROS
    Nobody goes to the Super Bowl after week one.....and we don't play Peyton Manning again till playoffs.

HACK

13. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    McClendon is also no Casey Hampton.

I like the combo of Ziggy/McClendon/Heyward....but Im not sure I would not rather see Woods inactive....McClendon as both NT/DE and Ta'Amu dress.

HACK

14. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    Really? What did they show you tonight? Not sure if I heard any of there names mentioned at all, and that's usually not a good thing.

15. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    I thought Ziggy and Heyward were fine....I thought McClendon either by being moved...or by his own upfield push was getting run past all game....I think all 3 of those guys could rush the passer more if they are unleashed.....the main job of the DL in the Steelers 3-4 is to let the LB's run free.

of....Larry Foote had a good game IMO....and I hate Larry Foote LOL

HACK

16. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I like this new offense 4 the most part. o line decent job in pass protection, but the run game sucked

17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    See to me them doing there job against the run is fine but if you are only going to bring pressure with a 4 man rush then those DE have to do something. I did see Hood drawing a DBl team on some plays which is good but doing that was wasted because they didn't have anyone shoot the gap it created and get after the QB.

18. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

ST-ILL-ERS FAN Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Cons: Well I was down by a little less than 18 pts going into this game tonight in our Steelersfans fantasy league with the Steelers Defense left to play. It was looking pretty good for me at halftime as the Steelers defense had held the Broncos offense to 7 pts and recorded two sacks and a fumble to put me up by 2 points. Needless to say it was all downhill from there as the Steelers defense fell apart in the second half and looked like they didn't belong on the same field. Broncos moved the ball at will in the no -huddle and scored two offensive touchdowns rather easily.

Redman and offensive line might as well not have been on the field.

Pros: I thought the receiving corp did well with catchable uncontested passes and Dwyer ran pretty hard all game.

19. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    Pros: our offense scored more pts than BA's offense (14).

Cons: too many to list.

20. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Go check out my post on the "player of the game thread" and realize we are soulmates. lol.

21. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I think they should leave Hampton inactive and activate Woods. He showed some desire. Alot more than Hampton. But Kiesel at OLB because Carter is not strong enough to hold the edge and does nothing in the pass rush.

So, Woodley, Hood, Mcclendon and Kiesel (OLB)

22. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Pros: Minus the pick six at the end. The passing game looked great.
    Dwyer looked beastly and needs to carry the rock more.
    Suisham didn't miss any Field goals and put everyball in the Endzone, but it was Denver.
    Butler put one on the one yard line.
    Larry Foote looked great, but he was the lone bright spot to me on the defense.

Cons: They took Polamalu out of the game, with Clark being out.
    The secondary was very poor at tackling. Many 7-8 yard plays turning into 15-20 yard plays.
    Couldn't stop the no huddle, and they couldn't tire out Manning, he had all day to throw.
    Listening to Collinsworth and Michaels talk about Manning like he was the second coming of Christ.
    Inablity to fix the defense of scheme to stop the no huddle.

23. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Pros

Short passing game will limit the sacks
    Heath is finally being involved in the passing game
    Foote looked good despite being 43 years old

Cons

Watching Manning diagnose every play we called and change the protection as a result made me wish Ben could do that
    Ben continues to make poor decisions and bad throws
    The entire defence was pathetic, especially the secondary.
    The Oline continues to be an area of weakness
    Dwyer and Redman absolutely suck, especially Redman. Dwyer is strong and plays with intensity, but there's no explosiveness whatsoever.

24. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    :this!:

25. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree with just about ALL of this - although I kind of like Dwyer.