1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite, underrated Steeler of modern era

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Mar 18, 2018.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Super Bowl XIV Larry Anderson had 162 yards in kick returns. That was nearly double what we had in rushing that day (84).

• Like Like x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I give you credit for knowing Brister had an actual first name.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I'll never forget watching us almost beat Denver, in Denver (I wasn't there, I watched on TV), in the playoffs that year. Noll got major kudos that season for making a playoff run after such a slow start to the season. He got that somewhat untalented team to go on a run the 2nd half of the season and they even upset the highly talented Oilers in "the House of Pain" in OT with Rod Woodson giving up his body to stop one of their talented RBs (Rozier?) from making a first down, that helped seal the win. I didn't think they would win that game.

Then, in Denver, they picked up right from where they left off, and Hoge was running wild - the most I'd ever seen him. And a mic'd up Denver defender said, "We gotta stop that 'Hoge.'" (He pronounced with a long "O".) And a teammate corrected him on the proper pronunciation and he said, "I don't care what his #@$% name is, we got to stop him." That was the zenith of Merrill's career I think.

• Like Like x 1