1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite Steelers vs. Ravens moment

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelinOhio, Oct 17, 2013.

1. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    All of the best moments are taken, so I'll have to dig deep here. This one, however came in a loss. I think we lost a 9-6 game (something like that) where Kris Brown ( I think) went ahead and missed 4 FG's wide right, including the game tying FG basically as time expired. I can still see The Chin ripping off his head set and yelling into Brown's facemask, with spit flying everywhere, "KICK IT LEFT!". Though I can't quite remember which year it was, I remember being pretty young (I'm 24 now)... but it was definitely at Heinz Field and it was definitely against the Ravens. At the time it was a horrible moment, however when ya look back at it, it was quite hilarious haha

2. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Troys strip...Clarks hit....Browns catch......I cant decide....LOVE THEM ALL!!

Lets murder this murder of crows.:yeehaw:

3. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree with the 2 playoff games, so I'll add the third playoff game from 2001, so much for the Rats repeating! Throw in the Monday night game in 2007, where that wasn't thunder you heard, it was sound of Raven's fans jumping off the bandwagon! Hines had a great hit that game, I think it was against Reed.

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I can't believe none of you had the crazy 40 plus minutes of TOP game!

I can't find the exact game, but for me seeing Ray Lewis over on the sideline exhausted with tears in his eyes was priceless!

5. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    For me #1was an incomplete pass...... watching us comeback in the playoffs and driving in the red zone when terrell suggs gets into the backfield only to have ben fight him off and get a throw off out of bounds to save our field position. ..... it's those little things that go unsaid that I appreciate most..

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This was HUGE, one of the most intelligent football plays Ben has ever done.I think he threw it with his left hand too?

7. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I was in Craven Healthcare East I think is the name, used to be Craven Memorial. Can't keep up with the name changes. I was recovering from my 2nd open heart surgery. They replaced part of my upper aorta and because it was so bad they replaced my artificial aortic valve that was still working good. Did that for safety would have been too risky to sew the valve to the aorta so they used one that was built together, anyhoo. When Santonio caught that ball the Nurse (who went to school with Greg Warren (who was on injured reserve) came into my room and said Mr ****, my monitor shows there is no activity in your heart? Looked at her and said, I'm dead? she opened my gown and hooked up a few leads I had knocked off and said, No I brought you back but we may have to turn this game off. I fake died and she left the room laughing. Did not turn the game off though

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Wow, that's somethin' CS. I can somewhat relate. I've lost count of how many times my heart stopped beating during a Steelers game. :roflmao:

9. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I was there for the AFC title game win, and Troy's pick Six was just nutty. I remember as well fondly James Harrison just killing them singlehandedly in 2007 on MNF, the comeback in 2010 playoffs particularly the long bomb to Antonio.

10. blitzgirl

blitzgirl Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben hugging Charlie Batch last year.

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I sure would like to see Polamalu do more of those type of plays now. I just don't think he's capable of making those type of splash plays anymore.

12. SteelGurl

SteelGurl Member

Nov 3, 2011
    That is the background on my desktop..Ben hugging Charlie last year..I was sooo happy for him!!!

13. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, he's been such a slug this year.

14. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Hey Snack good to see you.

15. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    TTF I guess when I was supposed to get someone to walk me, they failed to mention sit still. They had like 10 leads on me, I only knocked a couple off.