1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Young Money Reunited!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Dec 5, 2013.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Reunited and it feels so good...
    The first will occur when Antonio Brown picks up Mike Wallace Saturday at the Miami Dolphins' hotel and whisks him to Brown's place for dinner, where they will be joined by Emmanuel Sanders."It will be a great time to catch up at my house on the off time before we gather at the hotel," Brown said. "I'm looking forward to seeing my friend and catching up with family and seeing what's been going on."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...or-Wallace/stories/201312050209#ixzz2md8RQaq6

Now the sane and rational person in me says, "this is cool, some old buds getting together to catch up on old times".

BUT...the totally irrational and biased fan in me says "come on, AB! Don't let that traitor anywhere near your house!! He's a freaking diva and somebody that was obviously bigger than the Black and Gold! And to bring Manny "drops" Sanders along? Are you freaking kidding me??!! Sanders has had his head up his butt ever since his hero, Mikey, signed for $60 mill! I guess Sanders needs some advice on how to parlay his very limited abilities into a mega deal like his hero the One Trick Pony did!!!".

The totally irrational and biased fan wins out. This makes me want to puke!!! :sick:

2. fansince40s

fansince40s Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    You know I agree with your feeling about this but I don't think there are many players who look at things like a fan does. These guys are about money, football is a business to them off the field. I think the only time they show real loyalty to a team is when actually playing the game, after that it's back to how much money can my agent get me on my next contract. So yea I can understand AT and Wallace being friends of the field.

3. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think it's a non-issue.

4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

^ Completely ^

5. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Of course it's a non-issue, but once upon a time, players would never have considered consorting with the enemy. Those days are long gone.

6. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I realize those days are long gone, but I kind of liked it when Steelers were Steelers, Raiders were Raiders, Cowboys were Cowboys, Browns were Browns. Now, you've got a league full of mercenaries whose sense of loyalty is based on who is stroking them the biggest check.

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    For sure. I read Jack's post more as like, from a fan's perspective, we really want them to be enemies. Just like we really want every guy to be playing for the jersey, and to step out on the field thinking about Superbowl X highlights, and hum "Renegade" in the huddle.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Nah, not so much Jack, my first reaction was what??? But we have to realize that these guys were friends before he was traded and football is much more of a business to them than it is to fans. I'm sure there isn't a sliver of animosity between them over Wallace going for the money.

It's not like they will be sharing their playbook with each other.

9. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Move along. Nothing to see here.

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I read yesterday that AB was saying how AB jr. misses Wallace and is excited to see him.

11. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Hell before long we will be the NBA

12. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    NON-ISSUE???
    'm afraid this is more proof of how Tomlin has lost control of this team,and this just might cost more draft picks.
    ohh the humanity.
    wait til goodell hears about this.

13. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    love the peaches and herb

14. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, Tomlin should be fired for this!

15. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    So are you guys telling me that not one ounce of your inner fandom is bugged by this? I grew up in an era where players like Jack Lambert and Joe Greene literally hated players on the other team. I can see Lambert going to the hotel and picking up a player from an opposing team, a team we're fighting for a playoff berth, and taking him home and hanging out and having dinner the night before a game with playoff implications for both teams. Of course free agency wasn't common at all back then but God forbid that a player did thumb his nose at the Black & Gold and decide to go play for a competitor. He'd be taking his life into his hands stepping back into the Blast Furnace!

Look, I realize things are much different in today's NFL. They're all mercenaries under the shield and the color of the uniform and the city and fan base they represent doesn't mean squat anymore. To me, that's sad. I want guys like Lambert, Greene, Blount, Webster and Bradshaw that can't stand anybody in a Raider or Cowboy or Brown uniform. I know in the grand scheme of things AB, Sanders and Wallace making nice the night before the game is really no big deal....BUT IT ABSOLUTELY BUGS THE LIVING SHNOT OUT OF ME!!!!!

16. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    No, I'm with you on this. I liked those days when the other team was the enemy. I just have to suck it up and realize that it's just not that way any more.

17. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm wit cha! Plus I can't stand when Ryan Clark helps the other player up off the ground. Geez!!

18. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Same here.

19. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    And don't you just love all of the jersey exchanges, autograph hounding and yucking it up at mid field after the other team has just handed us our rear ends on a platter?!

20. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Oh I know! I hate that. Being a good sport is one thing, but where I come from, you don't ever help the opponent up.

21. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't think I ever saw Jack Lambert help a player from the other team up. In fact, I don't remember any of the players from the revered Steel Curtain defense helping another player up. I've seen them *ahem* help a few players to the ground and at times refuse to let them get up. :smiley1:

22. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Jack Lambert flat out said they didn't help people up. I can not remember for the life of me just where I read or saw that but I know I did. I hate it when our guys help people up. I love that iconic image from NFL Films where Jack Lambert tackles the guy and stands over him and points his finger down in to his face. That's so awesome! Colbert if you're reading this PLEASE find us another one of them!

23. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    [video=youtube;26J0uDIGErM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26J0uDIGErM[/video]

24. steelers5859

Oct 23, 2011
    You got my vote. I wonder what they did after the Patriots ran through them like a cheap.........(don't want to get banned from the message board).:roflmao:

25. steelers5859

Oct 23, 2011
    Now that's called taunting and a 15 yard penalty. :facepalm: