1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Young Money, has alot of football to learn.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wardismvp, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh the potential,of these guys, AB, Sanders, Wallace
    I still like them all, but they can be so much more. They really
    need to get back to basics. AB you are my favorite Steeler
    right now, Yet you think like a knuckle head. Have
    any of you guys ever heard of ball security? Have any of you guys
    listened to Hines Ward or talked to Joihn Stallworth or Lynn Swann
    how they handled the position of WR. If you haven't, please do so
    these guys knew how to play football.Grow up and start acting and playing
    MENTALLY and physically like your capable of. You have regressed time
    to put the thinking cap on and get back to work. Basic football Secure the football,
    watch how fast that gets you noticed.

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Young,Numb and full of Dumb.

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  4. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    They all should be made to carry football around all day like they did Mendenhall a few years ago.

Actually I would bench Sanders and Brown for the 1st qtr and start Cothery, Burress and Wallace.

5. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Wallace, AB and Sanders all have a ton of talent. i think we can all agree on that, BUT for some reason they keep making huge mistakes.

Wallace is impossible to cover on the fly, but he drops a ton of balls and gives up on way to many plays.

AB has a great work ethic and is super quick, but he fumbles way too much and makes bone head mistakes.

Sanders is a great route runner and has great hands, but he also fumbles way too much.

the bottom line is this. either they are not as good as we think they can be. which i dont think is the case or they are not being coached properly. i tend to think its the later. i think that can be said for the whole team. i like Tomlin, but i think he needs to do a better job of coaching and maybe its time to clean house of a some of his position coaches.

6. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    At this point I don't think any of them are a number one receiver. AB can be a heckuva numer two but he's not a number one. Wallace will be gone next year. Good riddance. I think a priority in the offseason is a number one receiver. Dwayne Bowe anyone?

7. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah, Im just not getting it!! They were money last year....what the hell happened? No one can catch, no one can hold onto the ball....:frustrated:

8. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hard to agree with that when we all know that ball security is drilled in to these guys heads starting with pee wee football at the age of 8. These "blame Tomlin" for everything posts are taking on the look of all the "Fire BA" posts and we see how well that's worked out for us this year. I keep hoping that sooner or later folks will start holding players accountable for their own actions versus always blaming it on coaching but I don't think it's gonna happen. Poor coaching wasn't the cause of yesterday's loss just like it wasn't the cause of losing to the Browns when the players gave the ball up 8 times. Tomlin benched every running back that day to drive the message home. I don't know what the hell else you'd expect him to do. If people on here think the coaches are not emphasizing these things to the players they're kidding themselves.

9. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Mistakes and inconsistencies by Young Money (Sanders, Wallace, and Brown) is killing us!!!!!!

10. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    i never said fire Tomlin. i said maybe they need to clean house of his position coaches.

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    scottie Mo must Go.:cool:

12. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I had a real problem with Scotte Mo. last year because the WR's last year weren't reading their hot routes right and helping Ben out.

13. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I'm not a Scottie Montgomery supporter or anything. But, it's not his fault that the WR's fumble the ball.

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    isn't it? doesn't he coach them?:cool:

15. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Your grasping at straws if you think he is the reason due to the fumble problem. The problem's is the players not the coaching staff.

16. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    the coaching staff needs to work on players tecnical problems

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    that includes securing the catch and securing the ball. that absolutely can be coached. nope, not grasping at straws.:cool:

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Agree with this 100%. It's the players, look no further, they've caught a case of fumblitis.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The grasping at straws part I believe was at the insinuation that the coaches aren't stressing ball security.

20. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Well perhaps stressing it isn't enough. Perhaps it's time Tomlin treated the WR's like he does the RB's. Can't hang onto the ball, you don't play. Talking about it during the week obviously isn't good enough because it keeps happening. Sit Brown for the game and let Rainey return kicks and let Plax and Cotch play instead of Brown.

21. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I don't think there is any doubt that ball security is stressed, the problem is they aren't helping them fix it either. It appears to be a lack of teaching more than a lack of emphasis. You can talk about it all day, but I want them to work on drills, I want them to look for flaws in that area, I want them to figure out WHY they are dropping the ball.

22. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Antonio Brown is costing the Steelers games with his late-game fumbles. First, the Raiders, and, now, the Cowboys. And he already has a fat contract based off one good season, in 2011. This will put a money crunch on re-working player staffing, if necessary.

Wallace is still having problems catching with is hands.

Sanders... fumbling... the refs gave us one calling that an incomplete pass.

Right now, we're looking at deep to Wallace and everything else to Miller and Cotchery.

23. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    And you know for a fact they're not already doing these kind of things ? I hate to tell ya but if it's obvious to us it's more than obvious to the coaches and to think they're not trying to correct it is pretty naive.

24. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    It's too late in the game to bench these guys, if Tomlin does that the season will be over for sure.

25. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    No, it was the right call, it was an incomplete pass. In fact, even the 'fumble' he had in the Ravens game should have been ruled an incomplete pass. The head of officials said so on the NFL Network.

Rules aside, he needs to hold on to the damn ball.