1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

You understand how important that game was now?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Jan 14, 2018.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Props to Jags. But we deserved the cupcake Titans and to host the Jags/Pats next weekend. Maybe our worst defensive player wouldn't have been talking about the Pats all week and our RB up 10 hours before the game tweeting about playing the Pats. So much wrong with this team but they were robbed.

NFL rigged the Patriots the easiest path. They knew Jags would beat them and wouldn't get their Pats/Steelers match-up and well, they aren't getting it anyways.

Steelers fans boycott the NFL and Super Bowl.

2. FBFanatic11

FBFanatic11 Member

Dec 27, 2017

3. FBFanatic11

FBFanatic11 Member

Dec 27, 2017
    Bottom line is they didn’t get it done, they had a game at home and lost, clearly they weren’t good enough. We can’t whine about what happened a month ago, you have to be able to beat everyone, especially at home, if you are going to be champs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I agree pats get sooooo many calls and every benefit of the doubt but if it was a fix for Steelers / pats why isn’t it happening, refs could have called plenty of plays in our favor to make that happen

I don’t think the NFL cares who goes to NE just so they don’t leave with a win

5. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The fix was in at Heinz field 3 weeks ago

6. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Yup, the fix is in, America and advertisers are clamor ing for Jags/Pats. A TV ratings bonanza!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Right, not sure I’ll watch

8. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I don't buy it. A Steelers/Pats rematch in the AFCCG is a much bigger draw than Jags/Pats - no contest.

We just didn't get it done. We were flat and rusty coming out, and even though the O warmed up - the D never did. Atrocious performance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    You are missing the point. If the Pats lost like they should have and had to play in the Wild Card round. They have an atrocious away playoff record so the game more then likely never happens. The most likely was this way but the Steelers failed Even though there was a lot of calls the refs could have made and didn't so I'm not too sure they wanted the Steelers in it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. islandsnow

islandsnow Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Terrible coaching for allowing his players to shoot their mouth off regarding the pats. Have fun beating the pats in your dreams. No discipline.

Agree that pats always seems to get preferable path to the super bowl. And calls on field. Sick of it

11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    The Pats wouldn't have played in the wild card round they would have been the #2 seed.

12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Jags wouldn't have lost the next week if they knew the 2 seed was on the line

13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Doubt it would have played out like that.

14. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Yeah, I know the refs would have made sure us or the Jags lost. NFL is a joke.

15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I think you mean Steelers are a joke.

16. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    Dude put the bottle away and go to sleep. There is no conspiracy. Our coaching is why we lose and their( pats) coaching is why they win. That simple

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. FBFanatic11

FBFanatic11 Member

Dec 27, 2017
    Time for fans to stop blaming NFL and referees and conspiracies for Steelers getting knocked out.
    Jacksonville playing at home last week struggled against a weak Buffalo team.
    Blake Bortles and an average at best offense put up 45 in our house and came within a second of winning by 10.
    If we can’t beat the Jags do you really expect to go to Foxboro and win there ?
    We sound like loserville when people write the NFL is out to get us, clearly if they had the choice, they would prefer a NE-Steeler conference championship.
    Time to tweak the defense but clearly we weren’t good enough, stop with the excuses !!

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    After the BS punt reversal in the Pats game, I didn't watch one play the rest of the weekend.

I got my Steeler updates through this board, when it was up. Time for me to send my TSF donation in I guess

19. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm starting to question your mental health, SDOT. That's not an insult. I'm legitimately concerned for you.

20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Ravens losing to the Bengals in final game and Chiefs losing to the Titans screwed up any chance the Steelers had in making it to the Super Bowl. Chiefs and Ravens were the only teams who could beat the Patriots.

If the Jaguars beat the Patriots, then I'll think better of the Steelers... but that ain't gonna happen. Steelers are the worst 13-3 team in NFL history. :facepalm:

21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Our defense wasnt good enough, anytime we put up 42 points and lose the onus goes on the defense and some poor play calling from Haley that gave the jags a short field...........

22. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Yeah that call was shady as hell. It's like they don't even care to hide their pro-patriots bias anymore. Just blatant.