1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

you really have no idea

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Nj43, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    while i am in favor of a new direction and play caller for the offense, i cant take all the monday morning qbs in reference to the job bruce arians has done while with steelers. none of us has been in an nfl game with 40 seconds to make up your mind to what play to call in a given situation. if you have, then you can speak on the subject. if you havent, keep you trap shut. we have been spoiled this whole decade with steelers success and the bashing of the coordinators is total bs if you havent walked in those shoes. its not easy. if you think you can do a better job DURING THE GAME AND NOT AFTER, apply yourself for OC. if not, just root. thoughts. go steelers!

2. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Lemme guess. ur in 8th grade.

3. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Are we still beating this dead horse?? Really?

4. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    not the response i was searching for. i guess brains are not a requirement for this board.

5. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I can't think of a more annoying point of view among sports fans then the one you just presented. You can march in line and just assume everything our team does is perfect, but I prefer to view the world without blinders on. BA was overrated (by you and many others) because of the amount of passing yards the Steelers accumulated between the 20 yard lines. However, since that system did not lead to a equal increase in the amount of points our offense scores (the most important stat for judging offensive effectiveness), it is a flawed system.

I bleed black and gold and wish nothing but toatl success for the Steelers, but I will not sit quietly while they engage in activities that I view as detrimental to that goal. By all means, keep your mouth shut if you want to, but do not expect others to do so.

6. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    lmao. now thats a response! however, if you actually read and understood what i was saying, you would see i wasnt defending BA. i was saying the opposite. was trying to illustrate that non e of us on this board could do a better job. not that no one else could. so less rant and more understanding. i love to stir things up though. its fun. go steelers!

7. Somathus

Oct 21, 2011
    Just because "non e of us on this board could do a better job" does not mean my cannot offer up opinions and criticisms. This is the same silly rationale that says people who never served in the military should not be president because they could not be an effective Commander in Chief. Its moronic

8. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    alright then, 9th grade.

9. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    and its not moronic to say we should have done this and that after the game is over? my point is you< or anybody else has no idea what you would have called in a certain spot, so its moronic to suggest it after. nor have you watched 100 hours of gamefilm leading up to the game to give you insight what to call. so how can you offer up a suggestion to what to do if you dont know these things beforehand. thats not moronic?

10. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    Ok, based on the above rant, here's my final guess. 7th grade.

11. Somathus

Oct 21, 2011
    I have watched enough football to know it is stupid to always line up in a shotgun set with 5 WRs on 2nd and 1. I know it is stupid to keep running the same bubble screens that teams diagnosed before the ball was hiked in the first month on the season (this eventually led to the Suggs interception that cost us the AFC North title.

That isn't my point though. One does not have to know the correct answer to be able to know the wrong answer when one sees it.

12. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    awesome response. any other material?

13. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Man there sure has been a flood of new folks to this board whose intentions seem to be only to bash Steelers fans on this board. Maybe it's just me though.

14. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    and you know what blitzes,fronts, and coverages the other teams are going to on 2nd and 1 that we would line up in 1 back or empty. you think he is guessing or throwing darts at a board in those spots? if you think that, then thats stupid.

15. Somathus

Oct 21, 2011
    sure. How about having all your WRs run 5-7 second routes when you know Ben is going to get less then 3 seconds before he gets hit. I don't blame BA for all the injuries to our OL, but I do blame him for failing to change the game plan to protect our franchise player. How many years of Ben playing are we going to lose because of the ridiculous beating he has taken over the years?

16. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Well alright! Pimply Dan made it out of grade school. Congrats!

17. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    not bashing, just saying it aint easy to call plays. diehardsteel started with the bashing. dont you guys welcome new members? maybe thats me?

18. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    New Steelers fans are always welcome! But to come on here and tell folks that they don't know sh** about football and they should keep their mouths shut is a sure fire way to NOT make friends here. Why come here at all if we aren't allowed to express our opinions?? Isn't that what a forum is for??

19. Somathus

Oct 21, 2011
    I don't have to. I know there are at least 20 other OCs in the league that do it a hell of a lot better then Arians ever did.

If you do the same thing every time, it isn't going to take a defense long to diagnose the play before the snap.

20. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    play design and pass protection schemes are not what i brought up. its play selection in game situations and how its easy to bash when you never done it. is this such an invalid point? monday morning qbs with no experience.

21. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Might be a little more friendly if you didn't take out your frustrations by calling folks here morons who don't agree with you. Just a tidbit for ya: this is an internet messageboard where people often don't agree with each other and offer differing points of view. The goal is to have civilized debate in the hope of creating a larger pool of shared meaning. And BTW, please spare us the woe is me BS. You came here throwing darts and now want to cry because you got darts thrown back at you. BTW, welcome!

22. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    That covers nearly all of us here. But I guess I will now "shut my trap". :roll:

Oh, by the way, welcome to the board Bruce A. :D :D

:yeehaw: :towel: :yeehaw: :towel:

23. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    never said anyone dont know sh*t. now you are putting words in my mouth. i did say not one of us has called a nfl game DURING the game, so to say you would have called a certain play in a certain spot is just not accurate or truthful. the truth is we all have no idea what we would have called because we have never done it. after the game we are all bill walsh. just saying the guy probably gave us all he could give. he did a good job and we were pretty good during his years. if i offended anyone, i am sorry. not the intention at all diehardsteel was a bit of an ass though. not cool. go steelers!

24. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    never called anyone a moron either.

25. Somathus

Oct 21, 2011
    Neither did I. I said the idea was moronic. Big difference