1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

You need to get a new kicker for this Patriots game...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Dec 10, 2018.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I think you just have too. Because as we know every point and every missed FG or extra point is gonna matter when you are playing Tom Brady and the Patriots. You just can’t risk missing FG’s and extra points in this game with Boswell in a game with the Patriots that you know is gonna be close either way. You gotta bring another guy in to kick this week and by not doing so and leaving Boswell in there this week to kick against the Patriots you are decreasing your chances of winning this game that you desperately desperately need to win if you are going to make the playoffs.

2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Tomlin is allergic to change. Boswell is going to be the kicker.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    You see to the Steelers are kind of married to Boswell being the contract they gave him. It would be a huge cap hit to release him.

It may have to be that one song "Love the one your with.." do do do do.... do.. do...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    What makes u believe it's even gona come down to field goal and be a close game.. This is just another bye week for the pats

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Cause the Patriots defense stinks and the Steelers offense can score points at home and at least keep this game within reach that’s why. The Steelers might not win this game but I highly doubt the Patriots blow them out or win this game going away. It will be a close game win or lose.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Cantanzaro should be available if Gano is healthy this week and the Panthers release him. I’d maybe go with him seeing he kicked a 59 yard FG for the Bucs this year against the Browns in October.

7. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  8. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    A kicker is the least of the Steelers worries /issues . Be prepared mentally on losing the next 2 games!!

9. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Can you imagine if they did bring in a new kicker for the NE game - and we lose because of a missed FG?

10. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I'm not even sure a new kicker is gonna be of much help for this game. I can't for the life of me figure out how the Steelers are gonna stop the Patriots. No RB to slow down the game. No LB or safety athletic enough to cover Gronk. Brady is gonna pick apart the zone defense. Not very good playing man to man coverage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

The Patriots defense stinks... until they play the Steelers. How many years have the Patriots had a crappy D that always seems to get a crushing turnover at the right time, or hold the Steelers to under 25 points?

12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    we never lose another game this season/postseason

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I say we just go for it on 4th down in FG range and go for two. Problem solved.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    We need more than a new kicker..... we need a new head coach, defensive coordinator, special teams coach and offensive coordinator

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    we are close though. add in

qb
    rb
    te
    tackle
    olb
    ilb
    fs
    ss
    cb
    cb
    punter

16. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    We got this. Steelers win a close one.
    Another Christmas miracle.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Cheats will be coming is with an attitude after getting corn held at the end of their loss to Miami. Kickers won't matter. This could be over at half time. Unless, some miracle happens and we actually play like the team we can be and knock the hell out of them as we enter desperation mode. But then again, we have our coaching staff that shoots this down. Oh well, I predicted 8-8 for the season and now, OB1, the Rats losing is our only hope. Also hoping we don't end up behind Cleveland when the dust settles. My problem is I think I know where this is all going but there is a small part of me that holds some hope that something will click in and we go someplace.

18. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    yup we win, i had a revelation

• Like Like x 1
  19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Did you? I thought I had the lowest prediction at 9-7.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Game won't come down to a field goal.... maybe a Jesse James 'catch'?

21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Who is going to cover Gronk?

22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    And how does our defense smell? With a pissed off Brady after that great Fins win he will be out for blood and who does he face,

215px-The_Wizard_of_Oz_Ray_Bolger_1939.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Guess I'm the only one feeling good about this season they're doing better than my 6-10 prediction. It's the same ole same ole as last year but we got lucky last year with a couple extra wins.

24. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Need a whole lot more than a kicker and like said above ,if you think this game comes down to a kick........
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Looks like according to Mike Prisuta on DVE that Dan Carpenter and Kai Forbath will be two of the guys the Steelers bring in for kicking tryouts. I’d take a look at another guy named Nick Rose. He kicked on the Redskins last year was 10 for 11 and kicked a 55 yard FG. He is younger and has a very strong leg. Hopefully someone like him is an option as well.