1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

You guys are so spoiled,

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Bradydaphonedestroyer, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    You have a 1 game lead on the pats with a chance to secure that #1 seed next week AT HOME, yet after pats lose last nite all I read Is oh well doesn't matter ,they will slap us left and right next week....

Just wondering are you guys sure some of you don't have a pats account or perhaps a brady jersey ?

Oh yeah this one PATS NEVER LOSE 2 IN A ROW.....I GUESS BY NEVER HE MEANS 2015.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Well spoken Sir - it's a well known fact that this MB is the last stop off before the Smithfield St Bridge railing. Just let natural selection take it's course.

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    There is not much evidence in Steelers history to give fans much confidence against the Patriots, regardless of what the Dolphins did to the Patriots last night.

Maybe this year will be different and it will change itself.

4. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017
    For some, given the history in the Brady era it feels inevitable. For others, saying it now will lessen the blow later should they lose. Yet another portion of posters just like to predict a loss so that when it does happen they can say "I was right" and when it doesn't they can hide. A fourth portion of posters have analyzed the situation and truly believe the Steelers will lose this Sunday. And finally a select few posters are afraid of their own shadows, and wet their pants at the mere thought of any team being on the same field with the Steelers

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We're gonna win. Don't worry. This team is yanking magic this year. We were RIGHT there last year. Don't forget that. We're not here by mistake again this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I taught my son to say Marsha Marsha Marsha last night while watching the Fins game. He's too young to know who the Brady Bunch is. We're turning the corner now with this new generation so I expect the Steelers to finally put the skirt on Brady. Hopefully the defense picks up where Miami left off last night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bring 'em on. If I thought they really were going to lose, I wouldn't watch any of the games. Most of the second half of this season, this offense has showed championship caliber poise. The "yeah, buts" can prattle on all they want. If they really think that the Cheats aren't concerned about our offense, then they are delusional.

• Like Like x 2
  8. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I think the Steelers can win on Sunday. Why wouldn't they be able to?

As far as the doom and gloom outlook you are perceiving... welcome to The Steelers Fans forums. :lolol:

In all seriousness, I know plenty of fans who have accounts and just peruse the boards. Many people have told me the negativity on here keeps them from actively participating. I get it. This board can be vicious. My recommendation (and the way I deal with it) is to just ignore the naysayers when it goes beyond conducting critical analysis and dips into triggered-mania. Don't let others sap away your positive energy.

And oh yeah... we are spoiled. As a Steelers fan I know I'm spoiled. I just try to always be aware of it and acknowledge it so I don't act like too much of a jagoff! :lolol:

I'm looking forward to a good game on Sunday!

HERE WE GO!
    :herewego:

• Like Like x 2
  9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This has been the weirdest Steelers season I've witnessed and I've been a fan since '79 season.

The offense was overrated and mediocre until the 2nd half of the Lions game. Since then, it started producing to it's potential for the most part.

The defense was underrated and overachieving (sans the Bears game) until the bye week and then it started getting torched by big runs and long passes by average QBs.

The team is 11-2 and that is an impressive record, to say the least, for December. This team finds a way to win, but I don't think this team is as good as the '05, '08 and the '10 squads that were Super Bowl teams. I hope they prove me wrong. This is one of the best offenses the Steelers have ever fielded, but it still lacks the overall consistency of the '78 - '79 squads.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm not delusional about my Steelers. I just have schizophrenia about them, and so do I!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

Every single one of your posts has been very negative ,even after every win....All you post is how you expect nothing but a blow out by pats vs pitt .....

12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Because that's what usually happens:

2016 (AFC Championship)

Steelers 17
    Patriots 36

Patriots 55
    Steelers 31

Patriots 39
    Steelers 26

Steelers 13
    Patriots 34

2004 (AFC Championship)

Patriots 41
    Steelers 27

Steelers 14
    Patriots 30

13. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

OK dude,you win!! I got nothing...

14. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    What about the portion of posters that feel if the coach don't follow what the fish did and continue to drop 8-9 guys into coverage we will lose. Or the portion of fans who thinks this is the best team they have seen in some time when it is hitting on all cylinders and could crush the Cheats????

15. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I don't think we will crush the Pats but I do think we will beat them by a touchdown in a high scoring game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017

Oh, would it help get your panties out of a bunch if I added "virtually" in front of "never loses two in a row?" Would you then be able to get off your SSRI drugs if I did that?

2003 - week 1 loss, week 2, W; week 4 L, week 5, W.
    2004 - week 8 L, week 9 W; week 15 L, week 16 W.
    2005 - week 2 L, week 3 W; week 4 L, week 5 W; week 9 L, week 10 W; week 12 L, week 13 W; week 17 L, wildcard W.
    2006 - week 3 L, week 4 W; week 9 L, week 10 L; week 14 L, week 15 W.
    2007 - no losses
    2008 - week 3 L, week 4 W; week 6 L, week 7 W; week 9 L, week 10 W; week 12 L, week 13 W.
    2009 - week 2 loss, week 3 W; week 5 L, week 6 W; week 10 L, week 11 W, week 12 and 13 L.
    2010 - week 2 L, week 3 W; week 9 L, week 10 W.
    2011 - week 3 L, week 4 W, weeks 8-9 L.
    2012 - weeks 2-3 L, week 6 L, week 7 W; week 15 L, week 16 W.
    2013 - week 5 L, week 6 W; week 7 L, week 8 W; week 11 L, week 12 W; week 15 L, week 16 W.

I think you get the picture. Yes, they have had some losses for two consecutive weeks, but what is the obvious trend here? Get the point? What is the overwhelming trend here?

17. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

Yeah u right, it's all over Sunday , pats will mop the floor with pitt and you comeback pounding your chest ...

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Troll alert, troll alert

19. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Your use of straw man arguments is cute.

20. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    I don't wanna argue, you win...you have a valid point, they own the Steelers, I was only trying to put a positive spin on it and use the ANY GIVEN SUNDAY strategy ,but hey, I won't get my hopes up for a PITT W come Sunday....Basically every single talking heads so far have said pats will win next wk and wrap up the #1 seed...I guess it's now up to the TEAM to respond , as everone calling this game a sure pats W.

21. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I think the people that think pats vs dolphins and pats vs steelers are the same are ignoring gronk's absence. I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. I think if we execute offensively we have a chance. However, we don't have anyone to cover gronk on any consistent basis. Our remaining linebackers are too slow and cornerbacks are too small. The man is a match up nightmare.

There's an article on Steelers depot about a new defensive alignment we used against the ravens(3-2-6) with mixed results. The only used it on 3 occasions. One went 20plus to woodhead and the other 2 were incomplete passes. The one completion to woodhead was the play early on where Hargrave dropped into coverage.

22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Agreed however anyone that spends time watching football knows just what not having Gronk means to the team. Where I was going wasn't so much just about the game the other night as it is with the style we play vs them. I know we are weak in the middle that is obvious without RS, however it isn't unstoppable. The fish did show the weakness and how to do it yes without gronk but it is a start. Over the years it has been the same, the NYG showed how to beat the Cheats and that is not by rushing 2-3 guys.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm getting my hopes up. I'm mentally tough enough to handle a let down, should that happen. If I start thinking we don't have a chance then it's time for me find a new hobby.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Unfortunately, I was think our best counter to Gronkowski was to cover him with Ryan Shazier.

25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    You are defiantly right but since he is out what are we suppose to do just quit???? There is always an answer and yeah it may not be the one we want but we have to find plan B right? I can see Davis or Hilton shadowing Gronk. jmo