1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

You can't deny this!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dominilate, Dec 2, 2018.

1. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We aren't going anywhere unless we have a balanced attack. Ben is not going to consistently win you games he has never been that guy. We have won with a young Ben but we had a killer D Much like the Ravens now. We won when Ben wasn't sharp BUT we had the Bus late in the game.
    It's a mistake to give the keys to Ben because he's wreck less more than he should be and consistently takes points off the board (I counted 14 or so in Denver and at least 10 tonight, Justin Hunter missed opportunity and int while at least in FG range)
    Can't make these mistakes and win Superbowls. We have a young defense that has moments but can't cover like some of the better teams. We also have a terrible special teams coach (we lead the league in penalties)
    I believe in Connor but I'm not sure Fitchner and Ben do for extended periods in a game. Connor is Leveon but we have to make teams believe he is by being a little more physical upfront and more creative with him so that we can open up the passing game.
    I still believe we will beat the Patriots this year AND make the playoffs as a 3 seed but after we beat the Ravens at home in our wildcard game we will once again fail to advance. Don't mean to be negative but this is how I see it.

2. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Not a popular opinion but not signing Bell is coming back to haunt us. Could've used him tonight and probably won, even with Ben's bonehead plays.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I feel Ben was sharper a few years ago, he has been very uneven this year. High highs, low lows...inconsistent.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    FOCK BELL!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Keep in mind Chargers were minus Melvin Gordon.... that dude is a true #1RB.

They might of blown us out with him.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    U think the Steelers offense was pass happy before tonight watch how pass happy it is now without Conner. I bet Ben would just rather not even field a running back

7. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Sure every loss we miss him.
    But he can't play defense.

8. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    True he can't play D but he can give an opposing D fits.

9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Keep in mind that Ben has always been more about substance than quantity on offense. So while Brady keeps track of time counting the number of drives he has to score, Ben likes to waste a drive here or there on dumb plays, going to triple covered guys for 30 yard completions when 4 is needed and making a scoring drive look awesome not routine. So you are never going to have him do what you want him to do.

10. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    For the record I would not have paid Leveon either. Let's face it you didn't win superbowls while he was here ALSO while James Connor is no Leveon, Leveon Bell is no Jerome Bettis (Bettis was a closer)
    The Steelers have to fix their Defense by shooting players like Burns, McCullers, and Morgan Burnett to get younger and faster. They may want to think twice about paying Dupree as well. Either way we need a superior Defense to compliment out good but far less than great or elite QB

11. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    He can’t if he doesn’t want to play.

12. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    As good as the defense tackled in the first half they were that bad at tackling in the second half. Bud cannot get off a block to make a tackle, its as if he thinks I am locked up with the LT so I have done my job. Most of the better runs were right at him.

I still cannot believe the false start was missed, it looked like the defense hesitated expecting the play to be whistled dead.

13. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Who?

2nd straight week - 2nd straight s*-show. Too much blame to go around: sputtering offense/poor playcalling (Ben?), laughable ST play, D forgetting that NFL games are 4 quarters instead of 3.

Oh, and whomever made the bright decision to put Artie Burnt on Gates for the 2-pointer. I know, not a game killer, but just indicative of the kinds of decisions on this team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think he is a wreck much more often than a star QB should be :smiley1:.

15. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Dont miss Kendrell a bit

16. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

which explains why they very often point and draw attention to false starts.