1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

You Can Probably Cross Lewan Off The Board

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Dec 23, 2013.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    good, I never wanted his dumb arse anyway.:cool:

3. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I'd still be fine taking him in the first, but if this incident means he falls into the 2nd and we can take him there, all the better! I would not shy away from drafting an OL because of a petty assault charge like this; to me it would be a desirable trait. Are there better options presenting themselves for us to draft? Sure, but Lewan is no slouch.

4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't think he's much different than adams to be very honest. I think he's ranked way to high. boards will adjust yet. :cool:

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    We'll have to wait and see how this plays out, though, it doesn't sound good, and it goes without saying how the organization views criminal backgrounds/character red flags. Personally, I agree. I want our linemen to have the meanest and nastiest of dispositions. While I haven't completed my evaluation of Lewan, I do believe he's a first round talent so far.

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    GB, what do you think of groy(sp?) from wisc. how abot the RB? your from that region.:smiley1::cool:

7. antennaman1969

antennaman1969 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Nailed it

I intentionally:facepalm: watched some Michigan games just to see what Devin Gardner and particularly Lewan were doing. For every pancake he got, he gave something back by committing penalties and mistakes that an all-world talent shouldn't make. He didn't dominate like I thought he should have.

Not to mention the cheap-shot stuff during and after plays(late hits, twisting facemasks in the pile after the whistle). Just re-sign Kemo and/or Colon back at vet minimum.

8. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Not sure about the WI players this year, as I haven't watched many of their games. I'm especially clueless on their OL players this year. James White, their starting senior RB, might be a Mewelde Moore-type NFL player at best. Melvin Gordon, their sophomore-eligible (I think) non-starting RB, is pretty good. Quick, fast, aggressive and pretty strong, he's an early (1-2) round talent. Reminds me of McFadden out in Oakland, although a touch slower.

The WI guy I really like is Borland, their ILB, who was all over the field his four years there, and this year especially. He MAY be overmatched in the NFL, but he's definitely worth a look 4th round or later. They have a TE/HB in Pedersen that may do well in a Haley-led offense. Could be a guy that challenges Paulsen for a roster spot if taken in the right spot (round 6 or later).

9. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I'd be iffy on Groy. Backup at best. The kid to keep an eye on next year could be Kyle Costigan. Unfortunately the Badgers O-line isn't what it use to be.

I echo Borland. Hard worker. Not sure he ever starts, but capable backup/ST'er. White will definitely find a niche somewhere in the NFL, but I am a big fan of the guys we got now.

10. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Regarding the OP, I never had Lewan high on my list. He has the size and he plays LT at Michigan, but other than, there's not much to like there as a 1st round pick.

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I am aware of the LB Borland and TE Pedersen. Pedersen looks good as a TE/H-back type guy. overachiever hard nose type player. he gave Ohio St. fits. like a hines ward of TE's. that's what he puts me in the mind of. thanks for the info,GB and steel.:cool:

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Not interested in Lewan he had a down year Michigan had problems running the ball and their QB got sacked a lot. We don't need another bust OT from the BIG 10 like Adams.