1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Yes, it's just the first day of Free Agency, but......

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerFanInKC, Mar 9, 2017.

1. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I honestly hate the Steelers during this time of the offseason. I wish they were aggressive like some other teams. They have cap space, so do it!!!

2. SanDiegoSteel

SanDiegoSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    They need to lock up Bell, Villanueva, Tuitt, and Shazier's contract is up soon.

3. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hey, Browns have made some big moves so they are the team to beat. Maybe even Eagles and giants

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    The lack of moves is REALLY frustrating. In the past I've understood the lack of FA's because of cap issues, but that's not a problem right now! Ben is at the end of his career and the window for winning another SB isn't opening, it's closing. Drafting some DBs with the hopes that they will perform awesome is silly IMO. Patriots got better, Rats got better. Hell, even the Browns have improved this offseason. Yet the Steelers are sitting on their hands doing nothing.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The Steelers have cap space compared to what they normally have but not compared to these other teams. Most every other team that shows an interest in a FA that the Steelers are targeting will get them over us.

Their draft choices dont have to perform awesome, the Steelers didnt go 6-10 last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Well he likes trench players... so we always struggle to run the ball against them, and their O-line blocks well. his biggest shortcoming is drafting receivers .... I think he is too stubborn to change with the times.

I feel Colbert has weaknesses drafting certain positions as well. Colbert has whiffed on quite a few cornerbacks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    With all the draft choices they have the next two years, they may actually be able to put a competitive team together.

Or they could be the Browns.

8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    A big surprise, Eagles release chase daniel and sign nick foles for 2 years at 11 million....