1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

YAY for us!!!! or the Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rollers, Jun 14, 2024.

1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    SPN undertook an interesting challenge in naming the best football player in the world at every age from 40 all the way down to 14. This covered the NFL, college football and even high school.

Pittsburgh Steelers edge defender T.J. Watt was the best 29-year-old and the only Steeler to make the list. Here's what ESPN had to say about Watt:

Why he's the best at his age: Watt's 19 sacks last season led the league, and he has 96.5 in his career. That ranks eighth among active players, and he still hasn't hit age 30.
    A savvy rusher who uses speed, power and technique to set up offensive tackles, Watt is a natural disruptor. In addition to the forced fumbles, he has batted down 28 passes and grabbed seven interceptions in his career. The 2021 Defensive Player of the Year is a game-changer who creates impact plays for the Pittsburgh defense.

Watt is already the franchise sack leader and is tied for the single-season sack record in the NFL. He's also the only player in NFL history to lead the league in sacks three times, doing it three of the last four.

Stupid. He's the best in the league right now. So he's better than all those guys

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I picked him, Woodsen and , Troy 1,2,3 in best Steeler players drafted in last 40 years.

3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I can’t believe TJ Watt is already 29 years old. Ugh. His career will be over before we know it.Double Ugh!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    THANKS TOMLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    TOMLIN made sure he never got a career playoff win. So you are right. Thanks MT

6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Whew, that was a close one. Myles Garrett is 28 and we all know how he did so much better then TJ last season;)

TJ Watt should have been and really was the defensive player of the year. I will keep my opinion as to why Garrett won to myself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    His contract is up after the 2025 season. I'm sure they will extend him for 3 or 4 years hopefully.

Not only arguably the best defensive player in the league he is the best player on the Steelers. And has been.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Can't remember what the record is when he is playing vs not playing but it's notable. Kind of odd, usually it is when the QB is in or out that people note the records of teams.