1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ya think?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by snipit73, Dec 13, 2011.

1. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Do you guys and gals think Harrison hangs it up after this year because of all the hypocrisies being forced on the league? I know he'll still have some time left on his contract, but when is enough enough :frustrated:
    How much more can he take. He obviously is having trouble changing his "style" of play to suit the league!

2. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    Nope, money is to good plus not everyone gets a chance to play football for money. :drinks:

3. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    According to my calculations, he needs to play at least 3 more seasons just to pay off all his fines. Unless of course he gets more fines over those 3 seasons. In that case, he'd have to play 5 more seasons. If he gets additional fines in season #4 & #5, he'll retire owing the NFL money.

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. JH's contract was for 51.x million with 20mil guaranteed. His fines were small in comparison to what he's already banked. They were ridiculous and unfair, but he can afford them.

I don't see him retiring next year though. He'll be frustrated for sure, but he's a fierce competitor and a star athlete.

5. hi0

hi0 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I don't see it happening, but I've been wrong before. Honestly, I see him just to keep playing like he has and keep getting fined and suspended. It's pretty obvious so far he's not going to change his style of play, nor should he.

6. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    This is the first "fine worthy" play that JH has made in nearly 20 weeks of football. OK, so maybe he was injured and missed a few of those weeks, but I'm tired of so many comments that he can't or won't change his style of tackling. He was fined 5 times in 10 games at the beginning of last season. Seems to me that he had done very well adapting to the new BS rules. The suspension was due to a notorious hard hitter going high on a weak and small QB. If it had not been JH it would only be a fine, all about who it was and not what he did.

7. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    LOL! Good one.