1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

WTF was our goal this season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I agree with you but still have concerns about how well this staff is or has developing the players. How long did it take DuPree to finally get it, or other #1 defensive player picks that were busts. Could it be Joey Porter didn't help in the matter. How many of our coaches that MT hired are progressing with other teams over the past 13 years or became HC's (not sure if Arians was hired by MT)? Is it coincidence that our OL fell apart immediately after Munchak left? My point is I believe our staff follows routines that may have worked ages ago but are no longer dynamic or originally tailored for our players or if any innovation used in planning games to put the players in positions to succeed. In- game adjustments are indicative of this. I am not in their meetings and I haven't interviewed the staff but I have formed my opinion based on what I've seen, heard, and read and so far there isn't anything that tells me otherwise.

2. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Are you saying insults are a tool of the ignorant?? Lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey bigbenhotness.

I hope all is well!

You quote: "with no QB at the helm". I just put up a Thread about this whole topic. This is so true and has been bothering me for a while now. Both Mason and Duck did admirable jobs but still, you will see that my position is that this was unacceptable to not have a Veteran back-up QB on board for just this type of "catastrophe". And make no mistake about it (I know you get it) losing Ben for the majority of the season was "catastrophic". Take care.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Are you saying Harbaugh wasn't on the hot seat by the Ravens organization? I think he was and could that have made him change things up to be where they are today? Has MT ever been pressured by the Rooney's? Probably not with our history of HC tenures. I feel the Steelers are in a Marvin Lewis type era and hope the right people are making the right decisions regarding the leadership of this team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Scoring 10 points a game in their last 3 doesnt qualify as being in every game, and their point out put for the season was crap. Ranked 31 in points scored for the season, thats a pathetic stat......

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/offensive-points-per-game

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    There's not much optimism for next year, IMO. No first round pick, a regressing O-line, an aging QB with elbow issues, maxed out salary cap.... and a D that is gonna lose 2 good players in Dupree and Hargrave. Steelers don't have enough draft picks or money for free agents to fill all of the holes.

8-8 at best in 2020 if Ben comes back and plays decent. Steelers do get the weak NFC East next year, so that's one of the few positives.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Cowboys will beat us lol I’m going to that game

8. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Cowboys won. They have much better talent on offense than the Steelers do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Still we have a good d and a bad arm Ben is better than these guys. I’m rooting for mason though

10. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't think we've seen the last of Rudolph. Experience was good for him. Just wish he had better weapons and better pass blocking.

Steelers should go find a proven, veteran backup in the mold of Batch/Leftwich... and let him and Rudolph battle it out for #2 in preseason.

• Like Like x 1
  11. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    The Steelers long term success has been the result of coaching stability. If you are looking for knee jerk coaching carousel type management, you are pumping a dry well. That is not this organizations way.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They won 8 with 2 scrubs at QB, with Ben they can win 3 more with this defense. Tomlin said keeping Dupree is a priority for them.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Knee jerk reactions? Come on, give your brain a chance. We haven't had a change in coaching for over a decade. Nothing to show in past 8-9 years. We're in a Marvin Lewis scenario right now. Missed playoffs again this year and things aren't quite looking up at the moment. The 49ers, Cowboys, Pats all have about the same amount of rings as we do and they also have had more coaching changes. So that shoots your stability equal success theory down in flames.
    How much more time would it take for it not to be a knee jerk reaction?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    12 years in is a good stable career in his position and hardly knee jerk if he gets a curtain call at all in the future. He's had a stable home very much so and we shall see how the next season unfolds but if he were let go tomorrow knee jerk/coaching carousel is nowhere in the neighborhood of that type of decision were it to happen. Not even close.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Did you just call me an ignorant tool?

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think it is time for a fresh approach. I am hoping
    Art II has the vision necessary to start this. I am not
    so sure of that?

17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Steelers purgatory continues. Only one common theme...

18. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    I was more or less talking about myself