1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

WR's making a play on the ball

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Badboy212, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Not trying to beat on the "17" horse again, but while watching last weeks game I saw the same thing I've seen all year. Pass to Wallace was under thrown, and instead of slowing down and putting in some effort to make a catch was not there? Clearly, an adjustment when made will usually result if not in a catch a PI against the D. You see it with the WR 's we face all the time yet it's rare our WR 's pull it off? Good WR 's are taught this all the time. In high school you are taught this, in college the same, but for some reason it doesn't happen here? Just my two cents but its lazy on the WR 's part not to put more into it and make that catch / penalty happen. Wallace is not the only guilty party just an example

2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Last week sometime, someone posted in a thread showing videos of Lynn Swann and John Stallworth making some catches where they had to make a lot of extra effort to get to the ball or to make the catch. I grew up watching those guys, but seeing those videos and comparing them to Wallace lately really did a good job of making that same point about Wallace that you're making. Hines made the extra effort the same way as those guys did, but when I watch Wallace, it's almost as if his attitude is "the ball didn't hit me in the numbers, so I'm not going to go for it, and it's the QB's fault." I'm exaggerating some, but he comes across more that way than the way the other receivers have.

Edit: I was glad to read in another thread that Swann has commented on Wallace: http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/showthread.php?4996-Lynn-Swann-speaks-out-about-Wallace

3. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hey, Plax dwer a PI...

Everyone always shows the leaping tip to self catch by Swann, but the sideline catch he made in that same game was even more impressive.

Also, you don't even need to look up old fottage, just watch a few other games and watch some of the receivers (on other teams) go get the ball.