1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

WR Roman Wilson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No, doesnt mean ****. He started one more game. You’re just being difficult because you like to argue. But hey, good news, JuJu a “3rd string WR” put up very good numbers. Thats good news for Wilson who will likely be our #2.

No, that also doesn’t mean anything that I was wrong about when Bryant came into the league other than you acting like you win points or something. He still missed a year, thats the important fact you are avoiding. His play suffered coming off that suspension and JuJu came out of the gate strong which is why he was treated as the number two. He had one game where he had 200 yards (198), that had nothing to do with Bryants presence and he himself didn’t come close to making that kind of impact.

Congratulations, you made a whole argument about a point I was never making and completely irrelevant to the discussion. Let’s stay on point here, football 101, Pickens will draw double teams which opens things for other receivers.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Why does a run-heavy offense matter? Isn't that what they are supposed to have this year? Why does their previous investment in Blackwell matter? If Ward was ready to be what he would become, he would have had no problem beating out Blackwell to at least be among the top three receivers.

Regarding your opinion of me, well, consider what you are doing right now and look in the mirror.

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not avoiding any facts. I'm saying he was an established threat going into that season, which is true. I'm saying he was better than the collection of scrubs the Steelers brought in to try to replace Johnson, which is also true. What Smith-Schuster became during the season doesn't change what the Steelers had going into the season.

The Steelers need receivers to take advantage of those double-teams. Maybe Wilson will be ready to do that, but counting on that from a rookie is foolish.

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    In my OP I said it’s not ideal to count on a rookie.

It can be done, though.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    This is more denial. You're creating the situations you're in; stop victimizing yourself.

Moreover, you're creating disruptive situations here. If you want an environment where you can continue to bicker and argue irrelevant points while attacking those that attempt to point it out, I can suggest other message board destinations for you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Funny. I don't see "moderator" under your handle. I just see you attacking another poster.

8. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    And I see you continuing to deflect from your own behavior while holding up the victim card. One doesn't need to be a moderator to ask another to try being more respectful in their responses to others on the board.

It doesn't help the case for your character when you can't take friendly advice and simply say you'll try to do better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Please go back and read your posts and tell me if you think they come off as friendly advice. The tone and language did not seem that way to me. I'm not holding up a victim card. I found the tone in which you presented your comments somewhat hypocritical so I wrote as much. I do have an issue when someone tries to gaslight me, which has been happening in recent days, but that's a different matter and doesn't directly involve you.

No one has to be a moderator to offer friendly advice or even not-so-friendly advice. The comment about going elsewhere, however, seems to be more their territory.

So, may we get back on topic now? Roman Wilson's ability to contribute quickly is becoming more and more important as the pool of available veteran receivers dries up.

10. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    At this point, I need to look at the last poster on a thread before I open it. There are a couple of people that when you see their handle as the last poster, you know it's going to be nothing more than a bitchfest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

It doesn't help the case for your character when you can't take friendly advice and simply say you'll try to do better.[/QUOTE]

in an attempt to help, I have quoted this several times here, but it bears repeating:

Both the Bible and Mark Twain help us all out here......

Mark Twain -

Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

The Bible contains a thematically related passage in Proverbs 26:4 and 26:5 -

Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
    Or you will also be like him.
    Answer a fool as his folly deserves,
    That he not be wise in his own eyes.

so - we should just move on. it goes on and on and on with him. He may never get it - here and in life in general, sadly.

My son had ODD, seems a person or 2 here has it too, it is a stubborn illness.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016

in an attempt to help, I have quoted this several times here, but it bears repeating:

Both the Bible and Mark Twain help us all out here......

Mark Twain -

Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

The Bible contains a thematically related passage in Proverbs 26:4 and 26:5 -

Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
    Or you will also be like him.
    Answer a fool as his folly deserves,
    That he not be wise in his own eyes.

so - we should just move on. it goes on and on and on with him. He may never get it - here and in life in general, sadly.

My son had ODD, seems a person or 2 here has it too, it is a stubborn illness.[/QUOTE]

See, this is exactly what Thor did, though I should have known not expect better from you. You didn't offer anything constructive. You offered insults. How is that better than what you accuse me of doing? I'll save you some time and answer it for you. It isn't. So next time you try to engage with me, or about me, perhaps you should just stick to the subject of the thread. Thank you.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Scribe, enough man. Do you ever wonder why you are at the center of all these fires? You’re not a stupid man, you needle people to no end tiptoeing along the rules while doing it until that member attacks you and then cry foul. Your posts are littered LITTERED with passive aggressive attacks, “why do you not know this” is your current favorite barb.

Leave that stuff out your posts from now on.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Fair enough. I shall do my best. To be fair, this started with Steelresolve. He had just finished spending a day gaslighting me, insisting I had posted something that was the exact opposite of what I posted. I had reason to be testy with him.

15. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Not to further the issue, but I think it important you understand and fully accept the situation in order to truly correct your behavior: it did not start with Steelresolve 'gaslighting' you. You were taking shots at him in several posts before the 'gaslighting' accusation, despite him trying to reach some kind of common ground through your insults. If anything, he had reason to be testy with you.

And this is another example of how you project outward instead of looking inward. I didn't insult you. I directly addressed your behavior, beginning in another thread with this:
    After you ignored it and continued with your barbs in this thread, I addressed it again.

Like Blast, I don't think you're a stupid guy. You and I have had some good exchanges in the past. But your argumentative style can be disruptive to conversations and with others who want to share their own views as well. They should be able to do that civilly here without being concerned about what kind of personal ridicule or aspersions they may receive from you as a result.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Not to further the issue, but you did exactly that, and did so in what I believe is a condescending manner. Your characterization of what Steelresolve did is not accurate. I'm just going to leave it at that. I suggest you do the same.

May we return to the actual topic of this thread now?

17. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    I must live in a cave because I honestly don’t know the definition of gaslighting. Like I admitted I misread your post and wasn’t doing those things on purpose. At any rate lets enjoy ourselves on here and not personally attack one another when we have differing opinions.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I corrected you at least four times and you kept doing it. Repeating lies does not make them true. I'm not attacking you personally. I'm stating the facts of what happened.

19. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Thats the olive branch my friend. I suggest you take it, put it in your Martini and have a great day. Hopefully we both will be happy with the outcome at Wr and RB before the season starts. On to the next topic we exhausted this one.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    :rolleyes:

I guess that is as close as we will get to the truth, but yes, let's hope we are happy what they have at receiver when the season starts. I'm not sure there is much concern about running back for 2024. The question is what happens after that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's a term some people, but not all over use..., and some that don't really know what it means, but use it anyway. It's a form of getting someone to distrust their own thoughts, and opinions.....which is done in many ways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Thank you. Honest mistake on my part. I read what I thought Scribe was trying to imply instead of what he was actually saying. His viewpoint was so bent on attacking Khan relative to not filling the Wr position adequately that I just perceived that he was taking the opposing viewpoint I had relative to the argument. Sometimes when somebody is often sarcastic all the time in writing you don’t know if they are agreeing with you or opposing you.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Exactly, though it doesn't have to be successful to be gaslighting. One way of doing it is to repeatedly insist that the other person said or did something even though they did not say or do that thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Here we go again. If you had posted it once or twice, I could believe it was an honest mistake. You kept going no matter how many times I corrected you. We should drop it now. Hell, we should have dropped it a while ago, but no, I don't believe that all of those posts were just an honest mistake.

25. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Thats fine I’m not here to convince you otherwise. Your entitled to think whatever you want of me and be suspicious. All I can do is tell you what I told you.