1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wow! Where are all the Ike fans now?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Sixpack, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Our secondary is horrible........has been for awhile. I'm tired of hearing people say Ike shuts down the opposing rec...he is good for 1 pass int call a game and should be called more often...gay is well gay and we know that.......Ike just doesn't locate the ball and can't catch it if it hits him in the hands. Still can't believe we lost.....the lead and 92 yards to go. 1 pass defense was a farce.

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Still here.

If you're going to put this loss on Ike, you have a seriously warped agenda.

3. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This. Ike fan here too. hes the best we have.

I'd put the Mascot out there over Gay.

4. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Everybody poo-pooed me when I said this defense was awful. Playing creampuffs as we have to build up a false front only comes back to haunt you when you have to play a good team.

What hurts is the fact the Raven offense is not that good. Not really a top ten offense and yet they just rode right down the field without a single problem. Third and one, thrid and 20, third and 15, it did not matter. This is Flacco who folds at the least little pressure and yet we made him look like Brady.

rutan

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Actually Ike was beat on the play before the TD. I was actually hoping in the offseason that we would clean house just to get Nnamdi. The corner play is what cost us a Super Bowl last year and it's gonna cost us the playoffs this year if we don't fix it!

6. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I've said this before and I'll repeat it now. Ike is a good cover corner but he has ABSOLUTELY NO BALL SKILLS WHATSOEVER. There were a few throws tonight that a CB like Revis, NA and others would have been trying to pick off. He's content just watching the ball drop to the ground. That's why he will never be considered an elite CB.

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Cut Gay and replace him with Steely McBeam! NOW!

8. Stiller3

Oct 24, 2011
    This is true but I fear we may have age issues to deal with at the end of the season.

9. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    No, I've said as much too. The game last week fooled me though. I guess it really WAS just our offense holding the ball for over 40 minutes.

14 3rd down conversions, most of them over 7 yards. Disgusting. Pathetic.

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Also why do we HAVE to throw when we really just need some 1st downs? Our d is not good enough to keep putting them back on the field. Please BA just run it to kill some clock!

11. Stiller3

Oct 24, 2011
    He probably won't ask for a whole lot of money as well.

12. Sixpack

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh we know what Gay is...just sayin Taylor has never been all that like some people seem to think. Can't catch, doesn't seem to know when the ball is coming, and is holding more than ever....and this is the person we sign to a big contract? R u telling me u were happy with his play?

13. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Not tonight, no. But everyone sucked. He had a bad game. If GAY had as bad a game as Ike, we would have won and maybe only allowed 8-9 3rd down conversions.

Just keeping things in perspective.

14. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I agree. It seemed like the running plays were getting good positive yardage. I don't understand why we run 1 obligatory run play and get 2nd down and 2, then go empty backfield and pass twice and then punt. Makes zero sense to me. But, hey, I'm not a pro coach, what do I know.

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    BA is not a pro coach either so don't feel bad.

16. Stiller3

Oct 24, 2011
    Remember that Third and one pitch?

My god.

17. Sixpack

Oct 26, 2011
    Not tonight, no. But everyone sucked. He had a bad game. If GAY had as bad a game as Ike, we would have won and maybe only allowed 8-9 3rd down conversions.

Just keeping things in perspective.[/quote:2r4h1h00]

Hear u...would like some db's in the future that can intercept and make plays for a change. Tired of relying on pressure for turnovers.

18. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yes our "D" was pathatic, terrible. Like someone else said, I guess I got fooled with the game against the Pats. We controled the clock and kept Brady off the field. Couldn't do it against the RATBIRDS. They beat our butts on both sides of the ball. There are a lot of problems. Wallace seems to have disapeared. No deep balls anymore. The Ravens were ready for the deep balls with Reed hanging out back there.

Two things that I notice is that they missed Sanders, and Brown is doing the thing.

19. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    As far as Ike is concerned, he probably started reading his own press clippings. He stunk the joint up tonight.

As someone stated already Willie Gay is Willie Gay. Willie Gay is who we thought he was. We knew he would rare his ugly head sooner or later. It was just a matter of time.

We can't get an interception to save or lives, yet, Ben throws one or two every game. We are either too late or can't get there for an interception. I was saying all night, just intercept Flacco but it never happened. Thats terrible when all you need is one.

20. Sixpack

Oct 26, 2011
    See my other post is brown better than Wallace?

21. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    YES! :this!: