1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wow, Tomlin was going to go for 2

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Jan 19, 2016.

1. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Yeah... or to convert on 4th.

How is the offense so good at 2pt conversions and so bad at 4th conversions? I don't get it.

2. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Or even 1st down and goal to go.:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    After looking to see who started the thread I wouldn't be surprised if this episode was a repeat from last month

4. nofieldfive

nofieldfive Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2015

getting 3 yards on a 4 and 2 does not make the ESPN highlight reel. you need to get 50 plus yards on that play to make the news....we want to be on the news!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Yeah and when Deion Sanders praises them for going to the end zone on 4 and 1 you know youre doing something wrong haha. Smh.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I figured he would if we ended up scoring on that drive. That's the identity of this football team. We go for it. We went for it in San Diego, we went for it against Baltimore, we went for two a lot this year. We were generally very successful at it all season long. Tomlin has the utmost confidence in his players and they respond to it. I wouldn't want us to change who we are just because of what is on the line.

7. FinnSteeler

FinnSteeler Member

Sep 2, 2012
    It's usually more than 50% play. Against top D a bit lower but after TD drive coaches have a feel what's working. AND we shorten the game which means less hits to Ben and anybody else. Thinking that also weighs in a little I was wishing for two pointer.

8. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    It would have been one helluva gutsy call if he did go for the win that's for sure.

9. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011