1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

WOW a chance to secure# 1

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Sixpack, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What does this tell us about this team?

2. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Unmotivated, Unprepared, Tested Poorly, Execute poorly against a good defense, and unable to tell what their doing wrong.

That said, it could be worse.

3. white_steel_wolfe

white_steel_wolfe Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That we made a horrible decision to let Ben play. Seriously 3 turn overs?

I'm all for firing BA and Tomlin. This game was embarrassing

That was game. He needs to rest now.

4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would fire the medical staff for not stressing the important issue of rest.

5. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    that we have a retard for a coach?

I would've started Batch if he couldn't get it done at least we would've known that, instead of putting in a QB who we knew would suck. Ben even told everyone the ball was rising on him, what happen in the game, the ball was going over his receivers heads. The game was sitting right there at 6-0 for the taking. :frustrated:

6. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Could be worse....we lost what else could be worse. From what I saw tonight their was nothing good. We are one and done in the playoffs. So why waste everyone's time. We had a bad night but we should have never started a one legged QB. Charlie did well last year when Ben was suspended for 5 games, he won 4 of them. Not bad for a guy who doesn't play that much. I'll be glad when this year is over and hope we revamp this entire organization.

7. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Charlie played only 2.5 of the 4 games (DD played the opener and left during the Titans game) and lost one of them.

8. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This was just utterly pittifull!! Never should have started Ben! Since they did, they should have pulled him after the 1st quarter. It was obvious he wasnt going to get the job done! At 6-0 one touchdown would have changed everything. I dont know what to say? totally embarrasing! :frustrated: :frustrated:

9. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    why we have to start a one leg qb ? if we don't trust our bu why are they on the roster ?
    btw the niners have a very good defense , yesterday better than our

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :applaud:
    Honestly, when you've got a starting QB who makes plays with his legs hobbling out to the field like an old man who just woke up at the start of the game, you know you're in trouble. Do we really have such little faith in our bu's that our injured starter can't sit?

11. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am okay with starting Ben....when it became clear he was no where near capable of playing, he should have been pulled.

I am normally not one to place the blame on Tomlin but this one falls on him. Not only keeping Ben in the game the whole time but also the fact that our team was completely unprepared and unmotivated for the most important game of the year. :thumbsdown:

12. jnico6

jnico6 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I don't mind that they started Ben. He gave us the best shot at winning. But at least change up the game plan. Going deep was killing us. Should have used the NE game plan with some more runs thrown in. This was a game that was winnable even with Ben's ankle.
    Also, for the most part the d played a good game, but when we really needed them to come up with a stop they let Alex Smith drive down the field like Joe Montana. That was pitiful.
    I don't think we have a chance to go far this year. Offense is not clicking and defense not coming up with big plays. One and done.

13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    No way Ben should have played last night. That said, We already have a spot in the post-season wrapped up, there are 20 teams every year that don't make the playoffs. That's how it could be worse. As I recall, we don't have a stellar record recently as the # 1 seed. (going back a decade for those who can't remember) :herewego!: