1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

would you take Andrew Billings?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mrn6, Nov 24, 2015.

1. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    assuming the Steelers pick in the late 20's would you take Billings in the first round?

2. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Haven't heard of him, will have to research.

3. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    Ok, so I read a little about him and he seems like he could be a good NT in the NFL. I just don't see him being anything more than that, so to take a guy in the 1st round knowing that he'll get about 1/3 of the defensive snaps means he has to be a real dominant guy. If nobody else was there that makes sense for us then yes, I would take him in the 1st, but he wouldn't be my first choice, even among defensive linemen. I would prefer A'Shawn Robinson from 'Bama at this point. I think he offers more versatility and can also be a very good NT if that's what we want him for.

But, Billings very well could be BPA and we need depth along DL so I wouldn't be upset with the pick.

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    This is the time of year where I start looking at draft prospects and which ones fit our needs. I really don't get to into it hard for another week or two and when bowl season comes that is where I really start getting hot and heavy on these prospect......in a football way, lol!

Just this week I asked myself would I like a NT in the 1st round, in the past I don't like going NT in the 1st. I feel that where we pick I am not in favor of a NT as being a top 20-25 player, jmo. So depending where we finish this year is depending on who I would like. I just feel right now Billings isn't a player I would like to see in the 1st round. I am thinking more of a Safety but it is hard right now to know who is getting a 1st round grade ad who is slipping. I can see a Guy Like Kearse as our guy but like I said way to early.

5. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    I've seen him mocked to us and while I don't really know a whole lot about him I am very intrigued. Kam Chancellor v.2?

I'm also warming to Billings as he has a lot of positive press, from media and opposing coaches.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    Just read that Billings won't turn 20 until March. Liking him more and more. Could turn in a career like Timmons, where it seems like he's been around forever (he has) but is still under 30.