1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you remain a Steeler fan if......

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Dec 8, 2018.

1. BuckeyeBucco

BuckeyeBucco Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not from Pittsburgh; I was born and have lived my whole life in Ohio. However, having grown up closer to Pittsburgh than Cleveland, all my professional sports loyalties are with Pittsburgh teams. I would no longer support the Steelers if they were to move to another city. I love them because they are they are the PITTSBURGH STEELERS, and if they decided to no longer represent the good, hard-working people of Pittsburgh, I would no longer feel any desire to support them. Such a move would only add to my mounting disdain for the NFL, and I don't know that I would continue having any interest in the game. Honestly, if it weren't for fantasy football and my love for the PITTSBURGH Steelers, I don't think I would follow the NFL at all (just as I don't the NBA). If you took the Steelers out of the 'burgh, I'm sure I would be done with them and quite possibly the league.

P.S.: Browns fans did not root for the Ravens after the team moved to Baltimore. Art Modell is still one of the most hated figures in Cleveland, and fans here (I live and work near Cleveland now) hate the Ravens, too. They just don't hate them with nearly as much passion as we do because their team is almost never in contention for anything.

2. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Not sure if I'd still be a fan or not if they moved. There is a lot of history with the Steelers. My guess is I'd become indifferent.

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I could never root for them again if something like this happened.
    I was born and bred in the PGH area, and have lived here most of my life.
    Just too much history from them and the area for me to root for them in another city.

4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Now I understand your hate of Dallas. Your State would be crazy nuts if we have a Texans/Cowboys Super Bowl.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The Steelers are Pittsburgh to me. I’d probably be done.

6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Damn I knew Texas was big but I didn't think it would take that long to find your way out :smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Same here Blast. Now if they moved to NY I would be saving up for season tickets :smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I am from Hamilton Ontario and I have been a Steelers fan since Mean Joe was a rookie. Before # 75 drew my attention I watched the NFL but liked a number of teams. The LA RAMS with the fearsome foursome, Minn with the purple people eaters. Looking back on it now I always loved a tough defense and even as a rookie Joe Green was drawing some attention, then as they built that defense around him I just fell in love with their hard nosed style.

As I got older I realized the similarities between Hamilton and Pittsburgh, huge steel companies employing tens of thousands hard working steelworkers.
    Like Pittsburgh the steel industry changed here as well and the mills either closed or modernized employing far less people, also like Pittsburgh we have world class hospitals and cancer research facilities and now health sciences in both cities is the largest employer of people.

The local team here ( Tiger Cats) in the CFL also wears black and gold and has a very long history and in their best years had a great defense.

If they moved I don't know if I could still follow them, what Model and some other owners have done to their fans is like a kick in the nuts and that's hard to forgive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    NY...what...where oh my now we are talking lol. I would still love them unless they changed owners then I would have to think long and hard. I am not invested in Pittsburgh like many here so it is easy for me to say yes I would still root. I can see where many from the burgh would be mad and I understand........with that said plz come to NY. lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    NY Steelers, has a nice ring to it!

They belong in Pittsburgh though and hopefully never see them leave.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SteelersWorld

SteelersWorld Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    No. I am from Pittsburgh, even though I live in California. It's a blood and breeding thing. If they moved, then I am done. Since players change so much, I am not a fan of the "current crop of players" as much as I am a fan of the history and legacy of the local team (don't get me wrong, I am a fan of the players, but I won't "follow" them around the country).

For god's sake, they are named "Steelers" after the steel industry in Pittsburgh - moving them somewhere else (without changing the name) would be asinine and an insult to the fans.