1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Would You Make This Trade?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    1) Antonio Brown, trade candidate

After Brown and Steelers owner Art Rooney II apparently agreed during a meeting earlier this week that it might be best to part ways, I expect several teams to go after the dynamic wideout. He's arguably the best receiver in the league, so the question is, who's going to give Pittsburgh the best offer? Let's be honest: The Steelers aren't trading him to another AFC team. Some NFC options are Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington.

2. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The idea that AB stays put IMHO is an idle threat. He ain't staying, he can't stay. If he returns the message in his mind will be that it proves his point, AB is indispensible, AB is irreplaceable. Ben and Tomlin were wrong to think otherwise, the circus reaches a new level and the team falls apart.

So take my 3rd round pick or keep him and the chaos, you're choice.

3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    AB holds the same value as M Bryant, who was one season removed from a year suspension and one mistake away from being out of the league?
    I don't think it matters anyway, I highly doubt a 3rd round pick will be the best offer.

4. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    2nd and Goodwin... yes.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Thomas was never on Brown's level and he had deteriorated significantly before that trade. It isn't a good comp at all.

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    If the team can't handle Brown's crap, they aren't going anywhere this year whether he is gone or not. If Tomlin can't handle it, then it's time to fire him.

The message it sends is Brown ran his mouth and lowered his value enough that it made no sense to deal him. Colbert did a good job of making that clear, that they aren't moving him at a discount.

I wonder if Colbert really has any interest in dealing Brown at all. Maybe he's just making a show of trying to deal him just to show Brown he tried, but really the plan is to keep him. Brown can't do what Bell did last season. He's too old.

Some of you are clearly allowing your wounds from the Bell situation and your bitterness toward Brown cloud your judgement. I'm not happy with the guy, either, but I don't want the Steelers to bite off their noses to spite their faces.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I believe he will land with the Raiders, they have a 4th, 24th and a 27th first round pick. They need to start to put a better team together so they can make an impact in Las Vegas in 2020.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    They’re not settling for a third round pick. That’s just silly. And they can absolutely keep him if they have to. JMO

9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Green Bay & Detriot both could use AB to get back to the playoffs. We will get a first for the 'great chest.' Bidding wars are about to commence.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Good read here and this has me changing my mind about this trade and also the value of AB. Blast pointed to the Packers I have also said the Packers with their 2 first rounders. I am starting to believe we will get a first round pick for AB.........as we should.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It's not that, some of us just put a different value on having a cancer out of the locker room.

There is nothing to suggest that AB will put on his big boy pants and not cause any problems. As soon as JuJu starts getting more attention from Ben, AB will go off the rails and since Ben isn't taking AB's **** anymore, it will only fester. And thats not even counting off the field distractions that will likely arise.

Im not worried about having to give up AB for a box of donuts. He'll fetch no worse than a 2nd. I still think he brings in a late first.

I also don't believe a WR makes or breaks a teams chances at a SB.

12. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yep. So if KC doesn't get what he feels AB if worth and decides to keep him because, of course, he is under contract, then the sh!tshow will continue for another season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    No. I would sit and wait until someone wanted to trade what I was looking for.

If Brown doesn't like it too bad he's the one that had the ill advised temper tantrum to decrease his value.

Fine him for every time he comes to a meeting late or is disruptive in the locker room. Someone will pay up sooner or later. Until then make it Brown's problem.

14. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    The more I think about this the more I think a good deal would be to send Brown to the JETS for Robby Anderson and the Jets #3. Then package our #1 and Jets #3 and move up a few spots to get Devin White to finally replace Shazier.

Robby Anderson does have some baggage but he is young, has played well considering their QB's the last 3 years and he is still on his rookie contract. Could he play better with Roethlisberger? I would think so.

We get a proven decent WR to pair up with JuJu that won't break the bank and White to replace Shazier and still have our other draft picks.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I wouldn't mind this. It would be even better if we got Robbie Anderson and the Jets 2nd. I like the thought of moving up to get White. It may take more than a 3rd, because I thing DW is going to come off the board faster than people think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'm wondering if this year's crop of wide receivers is going to hurt his value. This is one of the best classes I've ever seen as a whole.

17. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    The Jets don't have a 2nd and so will probably not give away their 3rd. However rumor is they want to trade down their 1st round pick for more picks. If that's the case I think they would be willing to give up the 3rd with Anderson for Brown.

And I agree with you on DW I've seen him as high as 10 and as low as 20. This weekend's combine will tell a lot on where he'll be taken.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I feel Goodwin is overrated unless the qb is holding him back? Could be wrong I guess? Vance wasn't too stellar out there either.

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Anderson threatened a cop a few years back, no thanks.

20. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I kind of hope he goes to the Skins so I can talk spit to my Redskin fan buddies about all the waves he makes there.

Blonde mustache. Ultra Diva Antonio Brown. You can have him. I'm not sure if him or Odell is more of a joke to laugh about.

21. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I like how you think. Robbie Anderson and a 2nd would be a steal for Antonio Brown IMO. I'm afraid his ass is worth a 6th round pick, but I'm sure some idiot will buy the bull**** and offer up 1st or 2nd rounder.

Sad to say the Jets is the perfect landing ground for both Bell and Brown. They have little else going for them might as well go for it.

22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I will be utterly shocked if we get a 1st for him, and the happiest guy in the world! It would be like wanting to break up with your girl but, before you can figure out how to do it, she tells you she wants to break up but feels so bad that she gives you the best "**** you" sex ever!

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I have no problem with it if they get a first-round pick. I still think it is a mistake, but it is a reasonable one.

It isn't just about what Brown will do. It is about showing that every player who is unhappy with his contract can't just act like a piece of crap until the team is forced to send him packing. Right now, it absolutely seems that way. It isn't just Bell and Brown. This goes back to Blount and Harrison, too.

24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Blount and Harrison weren't happy with their contracts? I'm asking because that's not how I remember it in either case.

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Blount and Harrison were unhappy with their situations, so they forced their way out by acting like jackasses. I do get the confusion caused by the way I phrased the point. Brown would make a fourth time that a player got his way by behaving like a jackass. It's not a good pattern for future issues with players.