1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you draft Janoris Jenkins at #24 if he's the BPA?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by HugeSnack, Jan 26, 2012.

1. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Even with some possible up-and-comers in Brown and Allen, I think we could use a CB for the future, and I think a lot of you agree with me. Jenkins is supposedly top 10 talent with great coverage skills, and has been mocked everywhere from #14 to #32. Of course, he's also been arrested twice, I believe both for pot. If your favorite guy is off the board, and Jenkins is clearly the BPA, are you hoping the Steelers do call his name, or don't?

Personally, the pot doesn't bother me, even though the "real" problem is that if he cared enough about football he wouldn't have done it... To me this is something where the truth can be found in interviews and by looking at his behavior since. He's stayed clean since then, and had to transfer down to Northern Alabama. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has gotten his stuff together. I think I would withold judgment until the pick was made, and then be satisfied with it either way. If they take him, they must believe in him, if they don't, they don't. I trust the team with stuff like that. As a player, I'd take him, and then get a guard in round 2. And that's saying a lot because I'm dying for a guard.

2. jrodcm18

jrodcm18 Member

Jan 3, 2012
    It depends who else is available of course but if no guard or inside backer is there, yeah I would take him too. You are right in that you have to trust Colbert & Co. to pick the right player. He hasn't missed on a first rounder yet (knock on wood)

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    A potential Holmes #2 in the making with the drugs stuff...so I'm not sure about being him being the 1st round pick.

4. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    gpguy, just noticed your avatar. That's awesome... And yeah, he would have to be squeaky clean for me to like it. But it's worth considering.

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Haha...thanks...i usually dont bother with having avatars on any forums i'm a member of...but i was bored one right and found that pic on my PC so i was like sweet. It is...but I just dont see it happening.

6. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yes. Meeting your criteria I would be satisfied with Jenkins at #24. Not my ideal, but if he's clearly the BPA and we'd majorly be reaching for anyone else, then yes.

7. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    isn't he a dope head?????...no thanks then

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, since I think of him as a top 40-60 player, there's no chance of him being my BPA at #24 no matter what happens. He has some coverage skills, but he seems to lack physicality in a big way. The off the field issues make me think that he won't have a shot at being my overall BPA when we pick in R2 either.

9. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    From what I've seen of him he'll come up and pop someone without hesitation. He has a small frame but plays with a physical presence. He's no Mel Blount, but he's a far cry from Primetime. I wouldn't be surprised if we look back on this upcoming draft five years from now and say "who are all these chumps drafted ahead of Jenkins?"