1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you be in favor of this deal?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Apr 26, 2016.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I heard this from some of the Pittsburgh media if Denver wants the #25 pick for a chance to draft a QB like Connor Cook or Paxton Lynch, they offer the Steelers the #31 pick also their 3rd and 5th. If WJ III is off the board then hell yes I would do the deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Unless all of Pittsburgh's options are gone, absolutely. Trading down is not a bad idea; doubly so if the Broncos are willing to give a ransom.

If their prospects are still on the board and if Pittsburgh wants him, forget about it.

3. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    If who we wanted were not there at #25, heck yeah you trade down and get a 3rd & a 5th.

But I'm hearing there could be some surprises as far as teams jumping ahead of us to get Lynch. I wish Lynch and cook could get taken before our pick.

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I love it I am a big fan of extra picks and moving from 25 to 31 is fine with me there are tons of talent there. To be honest with you I am really rooting for a trade back :beg:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I only see Denver as a possible candidate.... But I don't see it happening.... If anything, Denver would likely need to get ahead of the jets.... Who might be in the market for a QB too

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I absolutely make that trade unless someone we like who's truly a top 20 talent at a position of need falls to us. However, that's a lot for Denver to pay. I think they can offer that deal to someone above us if they're inclined to move up. Personally, I'm buying the Saints' interest in Lynch, and I think his floor is pick #12. We'll know soon enough whether I'm right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Only if Billings is off the board

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    We could do with the picks.

9. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Someone will be there @25 I think.

10. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I tend to agree.

11. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016

I cant wait for the draft. Its the last dose before I'm in the offseason fetal position. Its pitiful. Gonna watch all 7 rounds in case a football is caught on camera.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. Fugitive60

Fugitive60 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
  13. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I'd be for it, but why would Denver want to do that? Teams from the Steelers to them aren't going to take a QB.
    Maybe Patriots would have but their 1st round pick was taken away.

• Like Like x 1
  14. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i don't understand wh denver has to to go to 25 ,

you took word from my mouth , maybe they fear somebody high in the second trade up back in the first

15. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I'm thinking the Broncos have an eye on a QB. Either Lynch or Connor Cook and they want to jump ahead of say, (example) Kansas City to get "that guy". All though I don't think Kansas City takes a QB but you never know. The reconnaissance the Broncos have may say that the Chiefs are going to take a QB.

Could be Chiefs, or they could fear the Browns jumping back up in the bottom of round one to get a QB.

16. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Also at 31 imo.......

17. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I watched the NFL Channels mock draft last night with Ike Taylor picking for the steelers at 25, and he had Billings as our pick, but Apple was picked by the seahawks at 26, so if billings and apple are on the board at 25 would we pass up a 1st round corner for billings, I think no way would we pass on Apple for Billings, thoughts????????? As far as trading down to 31, if denver wants a QB bad enough we can get their 2 pick and a 5 or 6....

18. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I don't think so either.

19. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I strongly doubt Apple is on our radar for pick #25. It's been discussed in detail by others, but he's an underclassman at corner and we have (supposedly) not had a private meeting with him. I've warmed up to him as a prospect because of his downfield coverage and upside, but we like for our corners to tackle, and he's not into the whole tackling thing.

20. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

CBS Sports overview:PITTSBURGH STEELERS | #25
    • Pittsburgh's leaky secondary was a season-long issue with reinforcements almost surely coming in the offseason, whether via the draft, free agency or both. Apple has natural coverage skills, including the fluidity and quick hands to make plays on the ball. He was voted the Defensive MVP of the Buckeyes' Fiesta Bowl win over Notre Dame.

PLAYER OVERVIEW
    A two-year starter at cornerback, Apple earned a starting role as a redshirt freshman and held his own the past two seasons, playing both man and zone coverages.

After redshirting in 2013, Apple earned a starting job as a redshirt freshman in 2014 and finished second on the team in passes defended (13), adding 53 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss and three interceptions. He started all 13 games as sophomore in 2015 and again finished second on the team in passes defended (eight), adding 33 tackles, 2.0 tackles for loss and one interception to earn Second Team All-Big Ten honors.

21. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    True, they will probably make the trade while The Bengals are on the clock based on whose there and whos taking what position between 25 and 31.

Can someone tell me who is in between us and Denver that would take Lynch though?

22. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    There are reports that the Saints will take Paxton Lynch with their first round pick. This is great news for us because it pushes another good player down to us. We now must hope someone wants to take Connor Cook ahead of us also.

23. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Not if Billings or WJIII are available.
    And only if the intent with the extra picks is to move up in the 2nd

24. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    It's not about the teams between us and Denver, it's about other teams trading up.

25. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I guess I could see maybe Arizona looking at QB..... or maybe Cleveland looks to get back into the late 1st round with some of their extra picks to jump Denver? I don't see Denver swapping with us though.