1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Would Trade Pickett …

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Chris K, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I believe he is talking about pczach but thanks for the endorsement :drinks:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. TomlinW/O#7

TomlinW/O#7 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2022
    Not referring to Blast Furnace specifically. The other guy has basically implied that opinions differing from his are invalid because he "knows more"

If there are, in fact, individuals that post on here that are truly in the business of the details of football and do so for income then I acknowledge that I misspoke when I said nobody on here is an authority on X's and O's on this message board. I respectfully retract that statement.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. TomlinW/O#7

Sep 25, 2022
    To quote Joe Biden "Com'on Man!?!?!"

You seriously think 6 years but half the amount of career starts, compared to 2 years and given complete control for twice the amount, constitutes more experience or opportunity? It doesn't man, and it's not even close.
    You're just gonna dismiss he has more TDs in half as much starter time? That Stat doesn't move the needle one way or another for you?

• Like Like x 1
  4. TomlinW/O#7

Sep 25, 2022
    "Condescending ass"

Hmm, who do I talk to to get a new username?

5. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    If Rudolph plays instead of Trubisky

If Rudolph plays, there’s 3 AFCN teams in the top 5 playoff picture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yeah, I never liked the signing ... and just think who we could have signed in FA or retained with the money!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Nice post.

8. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Guess what that trash is way better than Kenny trash. What are you guys seeing that makes you think Kenny is a Messiah? Do yourself a favor and watch Kenny in pocket, he is awful, never quite seen someone that uncomfortable in the pocket game after game after game.
    No I dont think Mason is the long term solution, but right now he is. Give the man a little credit instead of bashing him , playing against weak defenses, 5 yd Kenny wouldve done better. Stop.
    Btw.. been watching football 50 plus years, I hope Kenny comes around, but at this point it doesn’t look good. Blame the OC, off line, schemes, wrs whatever, but a lot comes back to basic fundamentals Kenny is lacking.
    Plus, the offense finally looks like they are having fun and playing hard for Mason.
    As Steelers fans lets enjoy the rest of the season and see where it goes from there. Happy New Year my man!
    P.S. No I dont want Kenny traded.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    If @Formerscribe poops like he talks out the side of his mouth, his wife is very unhappy woman.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The pushback on Mason has more to do with the sloppy love fest all over this board. Y’all need to relax.

I know all about Kenny’s shortcomings, I’ve told you as much but until I see him with a real OC I’m not writing him off. His very first game without Canada was promising, I wanted to see if he could build on that.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Sloppy love fest:roflmao::puking2::puking 3::roflmao:

12. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

So cherry picking semantics about double coverage is your idea of the entire discussion on why Rudolph is superior to Kenny Pickett in just about every way?

That was your claim. Don't pretend you want to discuss football. You keep blathering about me cherry picking and moving goal posts, yet you say the entire discussion was about that one issue.

Alrighty then.

I posted a statement to the forum not directed to you. You quoted me and started the discussion. Here's your original post to me. Post #48:

"Who has produced a better product, statistically, over the course of all their starts or opportunities? Because is isn't Kenny Pickett.
    He doesn't see the field better than Rudolph. He doesn't anticipate and throw better than Rudolph. He will not consistently give his play makers chances to make plays like Rudolph has done.
    Neither of them are anything elite but Rudolph is and has been better.
    Kenny Pickett is/was 25th or worse in nearly every statistical category for a QB starting all his team's games at one point this year."

So you post all that in YOUR response to me to start the discussion, but now you want the whole discussion to be about semantics about double coverage of Pickens.

You're a coward that brought all this up.

I responded to explain why I thought what I do. You kept getting more and more aggravated with every post.

You got crushed in a debate, and now you're the one trying to claim it was just about that one issue.

You completely ignored links to articles and videos that explained the one part of the discussion you keep trying to make the whole thing about.

And now you still are making lame attempts to claim high ground.

You're full of it. You're the one trying to change what the discussion is about, yet it was you that mocked me with the caveman script insinuating my intelligence is lacking.

Anybody can go back and read our conversation to see for themselves.

13. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    To put an end to this so called qb controversy… the 3 qbs we currently have are not considered franchise qbs at this time.. the end.,, carry on

• Like Like x 1
  14. TomlinW/O#7

Sep 25, 2022
    I don't "love" either of these guys. I do love positive results. This team needs to really figure out which one is the QB1 moving forward or it’s always gonna be a situation that lingers and that is not good for the team. Pickett is the guy the Steelers are more invested in, obviously.
    If the slim chance occurs that Rudolph actually looks ok to good against a legit Ravens defense how does the coaching staff and organization navigate this going forward. Could be messy.
    I do expect this game against the Ravens to be a loss sadly. Which could be the determining factor on putting any prospect of a QB controversy to bed.
    Rudolph has to know this and will probably be feeling a tremendous amount of pressure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Steelers are going to beat Ravens

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  16. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

I keep saying I really like the way he's playing, and I want to continue to see him play well and win. But that just isn't good enough for anybody.

I haven't been slamming him or saying he sucks like all the Pickett haters keep saying with venom in every response they make about the guy.

I simply make points on why the offense is working now, and it's not just about Rudolph. Other good things are happening.

That insanely volatile statement sets off all the hate Kenny crowd, and they try to make it like we are the attackers, when we are the only people actually discussing football reasons for why this is happening. We all hope it continues to go well for Rudolph and we actually feel good for the guy and want him to succeed, but many are saying we are making stuff up and are trying to make excuses for Kenny Pickett when we say things and back it up with facts and links to those facts.

You can't make this stuff up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I guess one of the issues I have is that people seem to have very short memories when it comes to Mason Rudolph. All of the things you're saying right now about Kenny was almost word for word what people were saying about Mason Rudolph after his concussion. He looked flat out terrible in the pocket. He was scared and made bad decisions. Now, did sitting for that long and practicing and going through his own reps help him out and make him better? You could certainly make that case for him but if that is true, it can also be true that Kenny can improve over a period of time. There just seems to be an overreaction to things on this message board. People seem to have very little patience letting things play out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

I hope so. That's what we all want. I hope Rudolph has the game of his life and the Steelers make the playoffs.

I don't understand how anyone here could not want that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. TomlinW/O#7

Sep 25, 2022
    You brought up Pickens being double covered, not me. You did. Once...again...you..brought...up..Pickens..being..double....covered.
    You.
    I simply responded to you. Again, and the post of mine you pasted confirms this, my original take is Kenny Pickett is not making the reads and attempting the throws.

You

brought

up

Pickens.

Goal post moved.

I addressed the links you posted multiple times. I did not ignore them. Go back, re-read. I stated you took a couple interviews and propagated them to fact that Pickens is double covered all the time with Kenny. We've established that isn't true. Let it go.

I've answered every one of your post addressing me with a counter or explanation.
    Cowardly? Hardly.

You've crushed nothing.

I did insult you or was at least condescending. True enough. Although, I haven't resorted to name-calling. Lol

20. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Rudolph played behind a Hall of Fame quarterback. What don't you understand about that?

Of course he isn't going to get many opportunities. That really needs to be explained to you?

Then Big Ben is injured. He'd been on the team and in the system for years. It was his opportunity to shine. He was handed the starting QB position.

It didn't work out for a number of reasons. But no matter how many stats you throw out there, and how much you cry about a lack of chances and opportunities....Mason Rudolph couldn't beat out a quarterback named Duck. He was handed being the starter that season. Kenny was not his rookie season. Trubisky was handed that spot. Tomlin said he earned it with his training camp and his pre-season performance. Pickett was not.

Only when Trubisky failed did they bring in Pickett, and that was after they prepared Trubisky to be the #1 QB so Mitch got all the reps.

Rudolph didn't get a chance, but do you know why? His training camp practices were complete garbage. His stats were terrible. That's why he was #3. He had the most time in the offense, yet he put up the worst numbers in camp.

Check them out:

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/08/2023-pittsburgh-steelers-training-camp-stats-all-16-practices/

• Informative Informative x 1
  21. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Let's just mercifully end this discussion and root for Mason to continue to play well and get a win on Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  22. TomlinW/O#7

Sep 25, 2022
    Playing backup to HoF should have an impact on production but it isn't a given. By #7 accounting Rudolph didn't want his help. Is that an indication of immaturity on Rudolph or Ben? Hard to say. Seems like ho love lost between either of them. So probably not a benefit that it could or should have been.

Mason Rudolph was knocked completely unconscious against the Ravens and Duck came in. Rudolph was then put back in before he fully recovered from that (in my opinion) and was never the same. Again, my opinion.

Rudolph has got the start 11%is of his career. Pickett has got that same opportunity 68%ish of his career. That's meaningful.

In hindsight, do you think Rudolph should not have been at least the #2 following training camp and that information you provided in the link? Because Trubisky is absolute garbage terrible. He shouldn't be rostered on any NFL team.

23. TomlinW/O#7

Sep 25, 2022
    I can do that.

24. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018

It’s a bit expected seeing as we have back to back 30+ point games and this offense is humming. We haven’t seen that in 2 seasons. We’re all just excited and want it to continue. It’s been a miserable 2 years man lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  25. TomlinW/O#7

Sep 25, 2022
    I truly hope you are right and I'm wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Snake

Snake Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2023
    Something about Trib and Pickett at times just wasn't inspiring this team. Remember during that losing streak, guys started dogging it, dropped balls, line sometimes looked asleep. Other things you guys with experience could pick out better than others. Average guy watching could see there was no spark. Than came Masons first pass to Pickens his first start , after that the Steelers became a different team. That feeling will continue, till it don't.

• Agree Agree x 1