1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

would they wait on a WR?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, May 2, 2014.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Geeze Mac, you're so sensitive today. You misrepresented what several people have said about Landry Jones in the other thread and have done it again with me and Elvis in this thread. We disagree with you is all and you turn it into, oh no, cant say anything negative about Ben and Matthews is the best ever, I give you a face palm back :facepalm:

2. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Elvis is the last guy to accuse of relying on youtube highlights, he watches a ton of tape. You're way off base with that one.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    heck Sammy Watkins dropped a lot of passes and he's the top dog. they all have good and bad tape. I think that's what makes this years talent hard to pinpoint which player is a can't miss guy all through the draft.:cool:

4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    yea long night in the ER. youngest dislocated a shoulder. I have one bad knee and just felt something pop in my opposite calf which now hurts like hell. so forgive me if I sound like someone whizzed in my cornflakes today. heck they might have.:thumbs_up::cool:

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I can't wait till Thursday, Mac, really is an intriguing class this year. I think TFF posted on the home page that it's believed from a source that they are taking Fuller, I think the source story is bunk but would be happy with Fuller.

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow, sorry, Mac, hope your son is ok! And your hobbled legs too :smiley1:

7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    thanks BF, yea he'll be OK. he'll be 18 in a couple of months and a jr. in HS. hoping a fence to play Frisbee on the turf at the football field. well he made it over but not very gracefully. I had to chuckle a little after the fact and they got it popped back in. my fatherly advice was, your little buddies can hop the fence, at 6-3 318 you don't hop fences with the rabbits. LOL. probably to get out of lifting for football I told him. me hell I'm just old and things pop all the time. I used me up when I was new.:facepalm::cool:

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :roflmao:

Thats a BIG BOY! :eek:

How is he at LT???

9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The Steelers LT of the future???

EDIT: Blast and I had the same thought. That's scary. :eek:

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    actually that's what position he has played since 7th grade. steeplechase isn't his strong suite.:smiley1::cool:

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol:

12. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Hopefully they hold off on drafting a WR. Personally Bill Walsh's mantra should apply to the 2014 Steelers, you don't draft a WR in the first round unless all of the other pieces are in place.

13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Thanks BF :) I will say this - by "excellent hands" I mean excellent for a guy entering the draft. Pretty much every receiver of note in this class has had their cases of the dropsies. Like Mac said elsewhere in this thread, even Watkins had some. The only one that I can think of who I didn't see drop a few easy ones is Jarvis Landry, but I've seen an evaluation of him that says "will make the occasional concentration drop," so maybe his drops just happened to come in games I didn't watch.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That's the old way of thinking, you don't pass on a stud WR like Calvin Johnson like the Raiders did to draft JaMarcus Russell.

16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm just giving my opinion of Lee he doesn't have excellent hands, his tape from 2012 he would be a top ten pick when Kiper talks about Lee the first thing he mentions is the dropped passes. We just got rid of a 5'11 WR in Sanders who dropped a lot of easy passes why replace him with another 5'11 in Lee who does the same thing.

17. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Lee really reminds me of Reggie Wayne. Not overly big, not overly fast, not overly flashy. But man does he get the job done. I hope we go in a different direction, but I wouldn't be devastated at all if Lee was the pick at #15.

18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I hadn't thought of that comparison, but I think it's spot on.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats just fan perception, he was actually 6th best rated in that regard, AB was number 1.

20. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It may be an "old way of thinking", but it works. And the Raiders passing on Calvin Johnson for Russell doesn't have jack to with it. That was solely Al Davis being a dumbass as he had done so many times over the years.

21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    No that's the tape don't lie, I don't care what the numbers say Sanders dropped some crucial passes that weren't difficult to catch.

22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    so did heath and so did hines when here. it happens. it must have been bens fault because those two were/are perfect players. that's my story anyway.;):smiley1::cool:

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Don't know what tape you are watching.

[TABLE="class: SCDataGrid"]
    [TR="bgcolor: #CCCCCC"]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: center"]Rec: 67[/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: center"]Drops: 3[/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: center"]Targets: 112[/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: center"]Targets%: 59.8 %[/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: center"]Drops%: 2.7%[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Let's see the 2pt conversion against the Ravens, all the 3rd down passes Ben threw to him that he couldn't catch. Those stats don't mean nothing watch the game even the media talked about him dropping passes. Sanders isn't clutch to be a #2 WR, the Steelers didn't attempt to keep him either. He dropped more than 3 passes I don't know where you got those stats.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He had three drops, the 2pt conversion is counted as one of them. These stats are made up of every ball he got his hands on but didn't haul in. 3 drops, that's it.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/

and

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...antonio-brown-emmanuel-sanders-stats-nfl-2013