1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Would like to see

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Woodson two-six, Nov 5, 2022.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I am also a big fan of Anderson, but if the Steelers have a pick high enough to get him, they are going to be among those elite quarterback prospects. I think the potential value of trading out of such a spot is too much to pass up. T

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I have friends who went to Appalachian State and go to many games

They made a road trip to Michigan to see them get a big payday and to be Michigan’s whipping boy

Michigan started the year 0-1

Trivia: Michigan announces the Slippery Rock University scores at their games for whatever reason

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    No. But Tomlin doesn’t have the final say, like pretty much every other NFL coach he has input.

Looking at most of the major moves since Cowher left they have Rooney and Colbert written all over them.

With as much as Tomlin likes to establish his authority has has never once said he has final say over any personnel or player moves.

It was well published that Tomlin wanted Arians back as OC, Colbert and Rooney wanted a more run oriented offense.

Todd Haley had connections with Rooney, not Tomlin.

Guys that should have been gone due to age were because of Rooney and Colbert.

Take a deep dive into the background if some of these guys that are on this staff. I’m not saying some aren’t Tomlins guys, but a lot have ties to the Steelers organization that long predate Tomlin.

Tomlins power is really no different than any most other NFL coaches.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Mmmk. Not ignorant at all. The GA defense would shut out the pathetic steelers O. And the splits I was referring to are on the OL with TN vols. Notice how last night they tightened them up on the OL to try and stop the GA pass rush but they couldnt handle it and totally abandoned their game plan. But thanks for playing.

Just admit you were wrong for suggesting that a college HC making $5M a year would entertain an NFL job as a coordinator or position coach making 1/5 of that at best. That's the most ignorant statement of all. Sure, a guy is going to take a $4M a year pay cut to coach in the NFL.... LMAO. Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
  5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Messed around with a mock draft simulator last night. Had the 4th overall pick. I was offered the 7th, 2nd, 3rd, and a 2024 1st. Traded down hoping to snag carter at 7. He went sixth. So I traded back a few more times to 24th overall. Still ended up with that OT skronski. In addition to that I had 4 2nd round picks, 4 3rd round picks, 4 2024 1st round picks, and 2 2024 2nd round picks. A guy can dream right?

• Like Like x 2
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Bryce's height will be a major talking point for certain. That said, I do believe he has the skillset required to not just survive but thrive in the NFL. Biggest obstacle though is creating an Offense specifically for him.

Should be simple at a glance. However, his limitations height wise do create a challenge for certain.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Woodson two-six

Woodson two-six Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Man, you calling anyone "ignorant" or saying that what someone else said is, "stupid", after making one of the most ridiculous statements ever is hilarious!

I wasn't wrong! First, it was an opinion. Second, it has happened several times previous. Will it happen with JH, most likely no. You talking about Georgia having a "better defense" than most NFL defenses. You obviously don't understand the difference between the NFL and D1 collegiate football.

PS- I like how you know how much they would offer an incoming OC! (eye roll)

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    A competent OL and OL coach and OC.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    What grade are you in

10. Woodson two-six

Woodson two-six Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2019
    I'm not going to entertain this conversation anymore. I'm nearly half a century old and have my opinions like everyone else. You wanna challenge my opinion, I don't care. You wanna just sit there and try to get me to "admit I'm wrong" about an opinion and rip me personally? Nah.

I have no idea why you're reading this thread, and asking me "what grade I'm in"?! Frankly, who cares. But it seems like you are just trying to start ****.

Anybody want to talk football? I'm up for it. I've coached HS football for 10 years and I played. I've been a Steelers fan since the late 80's. Otherwise, I'm not interested.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    I never called you ignorant so slow your roll or try decaf bro. Went back through this thread and I only see you using that word, not me. I said your comment about a college coach taking a huge pay cut in the multi millions was a stupid comment. I never said you were stupid, big difference. And yeah, it was my opinion. You don't like it, fine. How bout taking a chill.

• Like Like x 2
  12. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Damn, nobody ripped you dude. Get some thicker skin. Sack the f#$% up.

• Like Like x 1
  13. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

I have to disagree with you there..... Georgia's current defensive team is a complete NFL factory...... Look at the high draft picks from their defense last season, and take in the fact that despite those losses, there is absolutely no drop off....
    Bottom line is that defense is better than a few NFL teams.... There are 2nd and 3rd string qb's licking their chops to play against Detroit's defense....
    Those NFL "men" you speak of were all college studs first that were facing the same argument you're putting out there now, and the bulldogs are full of those same types....

• Like Like x 2
  14. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

I personally think it would be prudent to trade down for more draft capital, but if we are picking top 5 and keep the pick, then my kingdom for Jalen Carter

• Like Like x 2
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Act like a petulant kid get treated by a petulant kid

• Like Like x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011

We are all highly impressed

:bowdown:

17. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    It’s going to be feast or famine with Young. He improvises a lot and the entire offense needs to be in synch with him. It’s going to be both fun and frustrating for whomever drafting him

• Like Like x 1
  18. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Solid choice if we are picking top 5. Unless we are #1 Anderson Jr is probably not available. There are some good OTs that could be had later in the first of we traded down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

Would love Jalen Carter myself! Thing is, if between him and Anderson Jr, I would pick Anderson Jr. Again though, one can dream.

• Like Like x 1
  20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I honestly believe that, assuming Chicago continues to falter, there is still a very good, if not great chance, to land someone like Jaelyn Duncan. Truth be told, Duncan and O'Cyrus Torrence (Guard From the University of Florida) would be one hell of a one two punch should the team acquire a Corner in FA come the next season. Doing that means the team can opt for a Corner later should they have their FA one.

Overall though Knox.... with the likes of Weidl and his extensive history of building in the trenches (Alan Faneca namely comes to mind here), you know where I would go in this upcoming draft. :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Or trade down and address the OL in the first round for the first time since 2012.

• Like Like x 1
  22. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    After listening to the local Knoxville sports radio and TV guys and seeing what Heupel has done with the Vols, I wouldn't be surprised to see Heupel pulling down $10M a year very soon. He is definitely a hot head coaching commodity and TN is paying him $5M a year and other teams will come calling with deep pockets. Now look at Jimbo Fisher making $9M a year and currently sitting at 3-7. There is big enough money here in Knoxville to pay him that kind of cheddar. I don't see any possibility of Heupel coming to the NFL as a coordinator but that is a cute sentiment, albeit misguided.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Part of me was compelled to look that one up:

Slippery Rock Football's History with Michigan, Explained

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    My wife graduated from the Rock. One of her graduating classmates was Donna Rae who played smoke show "Terminal Stare" from Chiller Theatre.

• Like Like x 4