1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Worth The Price: Players Worth Trading Up For

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by AskQuestionsLater, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Jordan Whithead can do this. i believe he ran a 4.4 at combine. He had NO
    help at Pitt on defense. He could also add a dimension at RB and punt returns if needed.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Falk was a dud at the combine:

Dud: Luke Falk, quarterback, Washington State

Coming into the combine with more questions than answers about his pro potential, Luke Falk was awful.

The offense Mike Leach runs at Washington State is gimmicky, and Falk has to prove he’s capable of making pro throws. He doesn’t possess a strong arm, and that showed up during his field drills on Saturday. Not only did he struggle to push the ball down the field, but Falk sprayed his passes all over the place. Location was a big issue, and he generally looked like the worst pure passer on the field of play.

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    When it comes to Falk, in college his biggest strength was accuracy. If he doesn't show that, there won't be a whole lot for teams to like.

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    The combine aka the underwear Olympics are not the sole judgement of a prospect, I know some here put a lot into it but in all reality it is not as big as many make it. I have heard many on the radio including present and past GM's, scouts, player personal guys and coaches talk about how the media make a lot out of the combine but it is a lot of off camera stuff that they look at. I have heard guys like Pat Kirwan talk about and talk to others how medicals and interviews are the big part to the combine. I am by no means saying it isn't good or worth anything but to judge a QB by the way he throws to 50 different wr's that he has never thrown to is a joke.

I have been wanting to watch this kid but every time I tried he didn't play and I haven't looked at any film on him. I am not saying he will be good or bad but I liked what I have reead on him, then again I have read good things on many players and they have not panned out.

5. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    And The way all the coaches swarm to the combine they obviously think it's a big deal too....

6. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018

I'll admit my ranking of QB Falk is too high. I still think he's one of the better QB prospects behind Darnold, Rosen, and Allen but right with Mayfield and Rudolph.

As for Falk's accuracy, his completion percentage was 66.9%, higher than Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Rudolph, and much higher than Allen.

QB Falk threw 30 TD's and 13 interceptions which was better than Darnold and Allen.

QB Falk's QB rating was 137, which was not as good as Darnold or Rosen but better than Allen.

As for arm strength, at the combine you don't throw everything full speed because you don't have the timing down with the strange receivers. For a real arm strength assessment you have to go by game tape. If you're assessing QB's by their combine throwing instead of game completion percentage, QB rating, yards, and TD to interception ratio, then you and I are definitely going to have very different rankings for all of the QB's.

As for the criticism that Washington State's offense was "gimicky", so was the Philadelphia Eagles with their pass to the QB in the Super Bowl.

You have a right to your opinion, what round do you have him going in?

7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Did I say it wasn't a big deal, I would think that all these guys go to every chance they get kinda like the pro day but do they make their judgement on these hell no.......smfh

8. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    I expect him to be drafted in round 3 or 4 about where we drafted landry jones who had a better college career than Falk, and since Almost 74 percent of falks pass attempts were less than 10 yards last year there will be some work needed for his deep ball game......