1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

World Series 2015

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, Oct 27, 2015.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Who's watching? Since my Cubbies are gone I'm pulling for the Royals all the way.

2. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Notice how the Royals jumped out quick on the Mets first pitch? Inside the park homer. If only the Cubs had listened to me...LOL!

3. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    As a Phillies fan I gotta root for Royals. Still watching this thing in extra innings. It had better rain here like it's supposed to, so I don't have to work tomorrow.

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    This is gonna be a crazy series. That was so cool to see a home run in the bottom of the 9th!

5. bleednblackngold

Oct 25, 2015
    Yeah 9th inning HR was awesome! Just left em' loaded in 12th. Stinking Colon is still getting it done after all these years, some guys just know how to pitch.

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    They even bunted on him and he still was able to get the ball to first after going to get it! It was funny to watch him rumbling off the mound to get that bunt. Those bullpen guys are gonna be exhausted.

7. bleednblackngold

Oct 25, 2015
    Only game 1, but pretty brutal loss for the Mutts. 9th inning homer, and unearned run to win it.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Awesome battle though! My buddy is a Royals fan and was texting me during the game. He's relieved.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm cheering on the Royals.

10. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Diehard Met fan here and that was a very bad loss. I said to a buddy/fellow Met fan at work that it was great to finally have a closer that was lights out.........oh Jesus Christ that came back and bit me in the ass!!!! Gonna be a long ass day going to bed 1:30(tossing and turning) to hear mr alarm clock go ding ding ding at 5am.......

Duda, Cuddyer and Cespedes need to step their game up and it was great to see Flores flash that glove to shut up all the people who think Tejada is a loss. Real sad news for Volquez that sucked. I hate to lose but man that was a good game, I am still in shock the Mets are even here cause at the start of the season I didn't have any hope.........oh well bring on game 2 and maybe these guys can get the bat off their shoulder and swing at the pitches down the middle and not in the dirt!!!!!!!!!

11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yea that was a hard fought game for both teams

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I know how it feels to have an ace lose his mojo right when he needs it the most. After that Buccos game Jake was never the same. That was a dang monster homer that Gordon hit though.

13. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I call those the yips for Jake. Luckily he got them late in the bucs game and got bailed by the defense. He got them in the middle of the cards game by walking the 2 batters straight, then he had them from the get go on the Mets game. He was overworked this season plus nerves plus the God status that was thrown on him lol. Hated to see him go out human.

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    As a Yankee fan, there was nothing like having Mo come into games, he had a couple blown saves at really bad times but for the most part, that guy was automatic. I never had any fear when he came into a game. Now I get to see how the other half lives :(

As for the WS, brutal loss for the Mets but they have a good chance to even it up if they can shake it off because the guy throwing for the Royals tonight is very beatable.

Not over by a long shot but I still think the Royals will take it.

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I remember watching him blow a save and I couldn't believe it. He was really phenomenal. Didn't he blow one against the Dbacks in 01?

16. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Big time Yankee fan here as well.......Death,Taxes, and Rivera. Love me some Mo. Go Royals!

• Like Like x 1
  17. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He sure did, and as a Jays fan, it was perhaps the greatest moment in non-Jays baseball history for me. The hatred I have for the Yankees is similar to what most on here feel about the Ravens.

18. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    No doubt about it Mo was the best and I was starting to understand that feeling.....until last night. Series is far from over but tonight is a must win for the Mets. JD on the mound and he has to be good, Cueto for KC and he is very beatable. The problem with the Mets is their batting, man when they are hot forget it they are great but man when they are cold they make the avg pitcher look like Cy Young.

Not sure what Collins was thinking with Johnson at DH last night but I am glad to see Lagaras in CF and Conforto at DH tonight. Mets need to answer and answer loud tonight, they need to score every inning and set the tone for the rest of the series. If they don't this is over in 4..........

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep. But like most if not all of his blown saves, it was pure luck for the opposition. A rare throwing error by Mo and then a cheap broken bat single. In the Redsox historic comeback, too much to list here but flukey stuff. Redsox though more than any other team could get to Mo.

He'll go down as the best ever, no one will match his level of greatness or domination for so long.

@shaner82 , I was quite happy and laughed my ass off at the Jays losing. Pretenders. ;)

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm sorta neutral about they Yankees but ultimately would say I even kinda like them but in THAT series I was REALLY hoping the Yanks would win because of how much it would have meant to NYC during that particular period of history. I was still glad to see the great Mark Grace get a ring though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    David Ortiz embarrassed a lot of people though. I never could stand Pedro though and wanted the Sox to lose that series just based on the fact that him and Johnny Damon played for them. Also that's cold toward Shaner. LOL!

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    That 90's team was special, really good group of guys, mostly, I could see people hating Wells and Clemens :lollmao:

Hated Pedro! When he threw Zimmer to the ground, God, wish I could have jumped through the TV screen and smashed him in the head with a bat. Funny thing is, now that he isnt playing anymore and I have seen him in interviews, hes kind of likable.

And Shaner started it :sneak:

23. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I was gonna say that Shaner sorta asked for it. LOL. I actually loved Boomer. I thought he was awesome and a really sort of old school, I don't give a crap what you think, kind of guy. I also liked John Rocker and he was basically the only Brave I've ever liked besides McGriff and that's only because he was a Cub. I just like those baseball players that seem like really old school dudes. I'm sure though that since you're from NY you might not like Rocker as much. LOL!

24. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Looks like royals will be up 2-0 in the series

25. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah that score looked like a beatdown.