1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Woodley

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Nov 22, 2011.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    He's out another week........
    Cajun

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    It's cool. Don't think we'll need him this week.

Let me rephrase that.

We'd BETTER not need him this week.

3. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Is he officially out? I thought he was still questionable. I think that this hammy injury is more serious than he let on 3 weeks ago.

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm not sure if he's officially out, but I saw that he's not expected to play. Man, I definitely didn't think he'd be sidelined this long. I guess I fell for his 'don't count me out yet' video the week of his injury.

5. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I would rather the Steelers play it safe and sit him until he is 100%. Sit him now, so he is not sitting in the playoffs.

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It sure looked serious when he went down during the game....

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Agree %100. :applaud:

8. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah but Woodley is a slow starter, it usually takes a couple of games to get going.

9. Cbus Steelers

Cbus Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    You just can't rush someone back with a hamstring or there's a good chance they'll get hurt again. Take the Texans as a perfect example...Foster hurt his hammy in the 2nd preseason game...was out a month and tried to come back in Week 2 and was ineffective and tweaked it again. He had to sit out week 3 then before being back to full strenght against us in week 4 (when he looked damn good). They learned from that in the way that they have handled Andre Johnson. They aren't rushing him back until he is 100% for fear he can get hurt again and hence, he's missed 6 games.

Give Lamarr another week if he needs it and get him back on the field for the Bengals game!

10. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Perfect game to let him sit and give Worilds another start. We better not need him is right. If we win this game by less than 14 I will be disappointed.

I'm not worried about him getting on a roll for the playoffs. Dude's got at least one sack in each of 7 playoff games played, with 2 sacks in most of them. He will be playing his best. As long as he's healthy. Get him healthy.

11. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Yep gives worlds another game for experience and gives woodley one more game to rest

12. PSYCHOSTEELER

PSYCHOSTEELER Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Ray D , Love that video of Harrison slamming the idiot that ran on the field. You just know he loves that.

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am starting to wonder if Woodley really loves the game?
    It seems like he comes into the season out of shape, plays well for awhile
    then will disappear for games then he will come on strong again? I can't figure
    him out? I would like to know how many games he has missed in his career to date?
    How can players turn it on and off?

14. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/10490/lamarr-woodley
    Before this year, Woodley has played:
    2007 - 13 regular season games
    2008 - 15 regular season games
    2009 - 16 regular season games
    2010 - 16 regular season games

Don't know if the games missed in 07,08 where due to injury. The stat page doesn't say anything about playoff games.

15. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wow...I thought he would be back.

16. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    If you're a player, then you know that how well you play depends on who you're playing against, and if you're on a hot streak or not. Some guys are streakier than others. I don't know why you always jump to, "He doesn't really love the game." You always want to turn him into a Haynesworth. Why? He's been exceptional for every year of his career. It's normal for guys to sometimes go two or three games in a row without a sack. We're blessed that that's so unusual for one of our guys.

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Whoa whoa whoa, I never compared him in his football career to the piece of **** Haynesworth,
    I like Lamaar Woodley alot, he is a unique talent, I just think he has so much more to offer
    TO BE GREAT, that is all. Timmons is another,These guys have superior talent and they should apply this talent all the time.

18. Cbus Steelers

Cbus Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Do you honestly think Woodley isn't chomping at the bit to get back?? He's going off of advice from team doctors...he wants to play but obviously isn't going to put the team in a bad spot by coming back too early.
    Hines missed some time this year with injuries and has disappeared in a few games. He must not love the game either.

19. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Let him heal up, we will need him down the road. I hope he will be back for the 49ers game, since I will be there and I really want the Steelers to win that game to shut all the 49ers fans up

20. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We need to make the playoffs first, before we talk about saving Woodley for the postseason. Things are looking good, but I would predict a wildcard spot unless the Ravens lose today. However, I do agree that we should wait until Woodley is ready and not rush him in.

21. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    :this!: :amen: you have to think play-offs. He was off during the SB, but before that averaging 2 sacks a Playoff game isn't bad.