1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

woodley and harrison

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Oct 31, 2011.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    has anyone heard anything about woodleys hamstring? is there any chance that james will be back sunday night?

2. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This will be the key to the game more than anything else except for Ben's play.

3. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Conflicting reports, some saying Woodley will need at least 2 weeks, some others that hell be ready for the Ratbirds.
    Harrison will be back anytime soon, depending on how he feels with his helmet on.
    Have not listened a word about Farrior yet.
    Our only healthy starter seems to be Timmons.

We do need at least Worilds to come back. Sylvester & Carter must be ready too. We may need them.

4. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Here's what Bouchette had to say about it.....

http://burgh.us/9de

Farrior is out about a month.

5. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Woodley says he will be ready for the Ravens on his FB page....

6. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    At this point, I'm not worried about Farrior coming back because I think Sylvester played well against the Pats and I think they are better with Sylvester playing especially when Timmons moves back inside. I see the defense being better with Sylvester starting. I even like Carter if Woodley can't play on Sunday. If Harrison comes back on Sunday and Woodley can't play then Timmons goes back inside and Carter Starts for Woodley. I think we will be alright. If Worlids comes back then he starts for Woodley. Either way we will be alright. I like the way our young guys are playing. That includes Cortez Allen. I also like Mundy because he knows the defense, and Lewis.

You must admit, our D-Backs are playing great. Coach Lake must be doing a fine job. I'm glad Ray Horton is out in Pittsburgh West blowing 21 point leads with his defense and D-Backs. We are much better with Coach Lake.

7. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    I just hope he's 100%
    :praying:

8. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'd love to have both Woodley and Harrison back for the game against the Ravens, but I think the backup LBs are handling business nicely, in their absence.

To beat the Ravens, they will have to tame Ray Rice. Period.

If the Steelers secondary and pass rush could keep Brady flustered, then Flacco should stand no chance.

However, things will change on Steelers offense. Suggs and Ngata will be salivating trying to get to Ben. And Ed Reed is sitting in the secondary. And while the offense focuses on Suggs and Ngata it's easy to forget Ray Lewis is lurking, out there. Offense will need to be poised and focused. They're facing a top-ranked defense, this Sunday. All things considered, this game has just as much impact as the Patriots game. But I am confident the Steelers will go out and continue to prove the nay-sayers wrong.

The key on offense will be the O-Line protecting Ben. The key on defense will be the front seven containing Rice.

As an added bonus: Red Zone Offense needs at least a 50% upgrade from field goals to touchdowns. And the RB core needs to be ready to get gritty.

I was shouting all the way across the bar, last night, when the Steelers put the Patriots away. That was, and is, a great feeling. But it is time to move forward on the Stairway to Seven. And the next step is through the Ravens. :superman:

9. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Anyone know about Worilds? We could really use him this week.

10. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011

I wouldn’t anoint Sylvester the heir apparent just yet. I think he was only out there for about a dozen or so snaps and I noticed him looking a bit lost a couple of times. Not saying he can’t handle it, but he does need some seasoning. I sure would rather see him on Rice than Farrior.

11. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Sylvester should get some additional snaps in practice this week with Woodley's injury. I expect Woodley to play, he's a beast, 3 straight games with 2 sacks, 1.5 sacks the week before that. If he can keep this going, he may be putting up some big numbers this year.

12. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    Post and Trib are reporting that Harrison is likely to play Sunday night.

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Harrison just tweeted: "Saw the doctor today. Looks like I won't be playing this weekend but at least I'm cleared for practice. Worst case scenario I'll be back after the bye for sure."

14. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Maybe we'll see Carter / Foote / Sylvester / Timmons, with Worilds / Ivy as only healthy backups.

15. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    You think Carter gets the start if Worilds is healthy?

I was thinking Harrison would be back for this game. I was also thinking we would punish Baltimore for week 1 and win by double digits. but without Harrison or Woodley, all 4 LB positions suffer greatly. It will be harder than we thought. We need them to play like they did against Jacksonville.

16. LA_STEEL

LA_STEEL Member

Oct 23, 2011
    even if #56 plays against the ratbirds i dont think he will be a 100%. also #92 mgiht be ready but wont go till after the bye. We are going to need our back ups to step up for this game . :herewego!:

17. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Ok so now I am really confused. Woodley says after the game that he will play next saturday Ed Bouchette reported that he and Harrison will both be out. Harrison's agent said he will play unless something were to happen. Then Harrison tweeted that he wasn't going to play. Now on the Toyota half time show adam schefter said they both will play.

18. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Look, guys are tweeked after a big win. Everything feels fine. Monday is a different story.

Woodley's probably got a mild pull. If he does play, there is a huge chance he would injure it more or tear it completely. If he tears it, he will be done for the season. Hamstrings do not heal quickly.

I do not believe he will play.

Anyway, keep the Ravens guessing.

rutan

19. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Sounds to me like it was a miscommunication. The reports of his return were made a couple hours before he said he wasn't cleared to play Sunday. I saw that on ESPN too, but I don't think they got the update.

20. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Save Woodley and Harrison until they are fully healthy. I'd rather have then down the stretch. The Steelers have enough talent at LB to beat the Ravens with backups. Flacco is not elite. We just need LBs that can contain Rice.

21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    thats ok keep balt. guessing all week. carter brings more speed off the edge and so does timmons. neither have the power that JH and LW have though. maybe the diesel goes back outside. hehe. :bowdown: :cool:

22. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    Really? I want them down the stretch too, but this game has a lot riding on it and not just for revenge. Flacco might not be elite, but, he can more than manage wins. I think the pass rush intimidation is key. But, maybe an overconfidence with them being out is good too. I would have taken a pats loss and a Ravens win if I had to choose. Lets hope there doesn't have to be a choice...

23. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    No, I think Worilds will dress up for depth issues, since he is the less injured from Woodley / Harrison / Worilds. Not healthy enough to start. If Carter & Worilds were both healthy, my guess is Worilds will start over Carter.