1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wondering About the SB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel Hog, Jan 22, 2019.

1. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    If Donald and Suh get constant pressure on Brady all game long, they have an excellent shot at winning. If they don't, this could be the first time the Patriots blow out a team in the Super Bowl. Goff is young and we dont know how he will play in the big game. And Gurley's knee is done. McVay being a good coach is also good. It will be an interesting game.

2. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Defense doesnt win **** anymore. What year are you in? NFL has ruined defense forever.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    You don’t think a great defense can’t still win you a championship? I know the league is pass happy and calls tick tack fouls, but I still think a good defense will win you a championship. That’s my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Comedian Bill Burr echoed this same sentiment despite being a Pats fan. This back and forth offense is what the NFL wants with nail biter games. But the days of dominating defenses are more or less over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Just be happy we got another regular season trophy! There, don't you feel better now?

This rigged league wants nothing more then to have the cheats win another Super Bowl. This brings more drama to the table promoting the whole tied with the Steelers angle. Then they will win another to take the lead with 7. It will happen. And we will be the regular season wonders again.

6. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Unfortunately, I called this win they beat the chiefs. This SB won’t even be worth watching. Rams aren’t last years philly. It just makes sense the cheats blow them out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Broncos 3 years ago won it mauling Cam. Is that one too long ago with the "don't get near the QB rules" they implemented?

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Rams are better than the Eagles and NE isn't blowing out a Philips schemed defense. Brady is at his most vulnerable with pressure up the middle, Rams are built to do that.

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    This STILL brings back bad memories.....

10. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

I wont watch either.. never do unless our boys are representing

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    What's wrong with Gurley? Hurt bad?

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    My bet is on the Rams. They have the front seven to do so. Furthermore, Wade Phillips has bested Brady in the past. No reason to assume he cannot do it again.

Furthermore, the offense is more than just Gurely and Goff. Josh Reynolds (whom I was high on when he entered the league), Gerald Everett and C.J. Anderson have shown they can contribute. No reason to assume they cannot either.

That being said, Los Angeles has to attack for 60 mins. and not let up anything. No exceptions. If they do let up, they stand no chance.

13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Think positive (and I mentioned this in another post), with one more SB loss, Pats will stand alone as the "Losingest SB Team Ever". Now....feel better? :drinks:

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Not really. The Bills of the 90's and Vikings of the 70's accomplished far more than the Steelers from 2011 to present. And the Patriots have obviously won more Super Bowls than the Bills and Vikings... even with a loss to the Rams. Nothing changes. Obviously.

15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Brady could best Jim Kelly as the greatest SB choker in NFL history.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    ......and he would go from GOAT to GLOAT! :dancing:

• Like Like x 1
  17. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Rams definitely have the formula. Pressure brady up the middle and get him off his spot. He does not like to have to move plus he cant throw on the run. Arm not strong enough. Play press man. Idk who they will put on Edelman as nether Talib or peters are strong inside guys. When wade was in Denver he had the luxury of putting harris on Edelman and letting Talib and Roby play on the outside. Edelman is good but hes not good enough to beat any elite corner 1 on 1.

18. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    And they are two plays away from having 7 losses and working on their 8th.

Just give the damn ball to Beastmode 4 F'ing times!!!!! Urgh :frustrated:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    And don't freaking pass it risking a sack when Julio Jones made a fantastic catch to put you in FG range to seal the game :maintete:

Two of the worst coaching jobs I've seen in the SB. Add in the bs tuck rule call, looking at 2 more SB losses and one less SB appearance.

The team is excellently coached with a top QB but also one of the luckiest clubs I've ever seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    One of? One of? They have horseshoes surgically implanted in their asses.I know it doesn't have any effect but I'm begging you guys to stop picking against them :beg:

21. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    image.jpeg
    Looks " fine " to me.........oh you said Gurley......my bad. I hope you're not mad:smiley1:

• Like Like x 5
  22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Maybe. You might be right with the way the defensive calls went in this past year. They basically made defenses almost irrelevant. I guess we’ll see in the SB. The Rams have a good defense. To me that’s what’s going to decide the SB.

If they can rush Brady with just four linemen and get to him they might pull it off. That’ll prove a good defense can win you a championship. Although the Rams defense has only played good in the playoffs for the most part.

25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    When they get to Brady, will it be a personal foul because he was hit? He should be wearing a skirt, Lambert was right.

• Agree Agree x 1