1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wondering About the SB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel Hog, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Just curious if the Rams or the Saints would have given the Cheats a better game? The Steelers beat the Cheats and should or/ could of beaten the Saints. So, to me, we are as good or better than either of those two teams. Not having played the Rams, I have no idea how we would of done. The NFC game was marred in pitiful officiating so the Saints should have been the NFC representative. Would they have had a better shot of keeping the Cheats from matching our 6 rings?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think the Rams are best suited to beat the Pats due to their Dline being better than the Saints Dline

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I trust Drew Brees more than I do with Goff. Also Gurley has disappeared from their offensive game plan. Maybe Goff and the Rams can do just enough to beat the Patriots.

The one hope is the Ram D has legit talent all around, and the best NFL defensive player in Aaron Donald.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yeah man, Brady can’t stand pressure from the middle, hopefully Donald wreaks major havoc.

I think Belichick would have pounced on Bress’ reduced arm strength, dictating how the Saints played on offense.

Rams will be a tough match for the Pats.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Unfortunately, I think Brady and Belicheck get their 6th ring. God, I hope not but give those two 2 weeks to prepare for a game is nearly the same as guaranteeing a kid will get candy on Halloween.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Brady wasn't touched in either playoff game. In theory, the Rams can put pressure on him without blitzing. If Donald and Suh play the games of their lives, they'll have a chance. Gurley needs to come to play. Had two big drops early vs Saints, and rightfully sat the sidelines the rest of the way. Hopefully, he'll play angry, as a result.

7. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I originally thought I wanted the Saints to play them because I thought they'd hang better, but now I think the Rams defense is the best chance for someone to beat the Pats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It all depends on if the refs want to call holding on NE. I don't see how they block Donald and Suh but somehow with a little " help" they will find a way. Mugging LAs WRs will help as well. I do agree on Gurley though he needs to have a great game. If LA can run the ball they will have a good chance.

9. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Only thing I'm wondering about is what movie I'll be watching during it

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Didn't they have 2 weeks to prepare for Nick Foles and the Eagles last season?:shrug:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Belichek will have a plan to stop Gurley and the Rams running game and force Goff to beat them. I hope Goff can count to 9, because that is how many Patriots will be in the box. If Goff and the receivers can win the 1 on 1 matchups with the CBs, the Rams will have a chance.

12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Both defenses nothing to write about in regular season but both clamped down in the postseason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    By "prepare" I think you mean "cheat". They are the greatest cheaters this sport has ever seen and if the media would do its job instead of cheerleading and protecting the sport we wouldn't even have to talk about this. I remember hearing on 93.7 that ESPN was working on a story about how the Patriots have sent operatives into opponents locker rooms and hotel rooms looking for information. I may have the specifics wrong, but I know they were supposedly working on a story about the lengths that organization goes to cheat. It was such that the guys on 93.7 were talking about vacated wins. Whatever happened to that story? I was shocked that ESPN, the Patriots PR firm in all but name, would do anything to damage their own creation, but that story just vanished as far as I know.

I love hyperbole so I'll say that this might be the most illegitimate Super Bowl ever. That Saints were screwed and I'm sure that Pats cheated somehow. I'll be rooting for the Rams because I will never root for New England, but I wont be watching. Last year I watched a Walking Dead marathon so maybe that will be on again this year.

14. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think Saints would have given them a better game.

Rams offense isn't as good as it was early this year and late last year. I don't know what happened to Gurley, but he looks like he is already done.

Also I like Rams Dline, but I don't like their LB's and DB's against that short passing game.

15. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Well while the Cheats have been winning SB’s we’ve been finding ways to lose playoff games or not get in at all. Now we’re in the business of getting rid of great players in their prime. Whether it’s warranted or not we’re about to lose Bell and AB in the same offseason. That sucks. We need to get back to our old winning ways. Defense almost always wins championships not offense. I don’t think we would of done much if we got in with the way we were playing.

16. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The saints offense dwindled in their two playoff games, in the division round they barely won 20-14 against the eagles, and they only scored 23 points against the rams, give sean mcvay and wade phillips two weeks to prepare for the cheats and I like their chances to win the SB....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    They've lost 3 sbs and with 2 of them being vs a team they played in that respective season.

18. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I thought the eagles had no chance. I just thought no way a backup would beat Brady and belichick in a sb. Anything is possible it's one game and mcvay will not play scared like Andy Reid. He and Doug pederson are comparable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Always a fan favorite................[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    The only team capable of beating the Patriots in the SB is.................................the Patriots themselves. I think we should all be pushing the angle that with another loss, the Pats will become the all-time losing-est team in Super Bowl history (currently tied with Denver at 5). This sounds so much better than with another win they will tie the Steelers with the all time winning-est team at 6. :dancing::drinks:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  21. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yeah, but what about their secondary? The game outcome may depend on the refs "letting the players play" and avoid calling PI as the Rams players seem to practice early and often contact.

22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    "If Steelers were in the playoffs they could've beaten anybody"

*The narrative for the next 20 years* lol :(

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
  25. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Donald and Suh have to have monster games and not only get to Brady but hit him. Goff has to near perfect and I'd love to see them stick to the run and impose their will. Maybe CJ Anderson has a game like another veteran pick up OJ Anderson with the Giants years ago.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1