1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wk. 12.......... the good, the bad, and the ugly

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Dec 3, 2018.

1. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    The good:
    1. We play the raiders next week
    2. On to the bad

The bad:
    1. I have talked till I'm blue in the face about the coaching staff and their gameplans.... one day we can put 50+ on a playoff team and apply pressure all day... the next day we have linebackers covering an all world wr and the offense throws balance out the window

2. Are the coaches afraid or allergic to adjustments

3. Justin Jackson should be #2 on the chargers depth chart.... even so, in principle he was #3 and had no business bashing us the way he did.... we would've been better off against Melvin Gordon.. at least then the defense might not have slept the way they did

4. Dupree was clearly hampered out there, and Ola looked pretty good for the small body of work he got... go with the hot hand

The ugly:
    1. The NFL needs to start allowing challenges on penalties....... and if all scoring plays are reviewed, then how did they twice miss that block in the back on the punt return

2. Artie burns needs to be inactive every week

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I'd say he was pretty inactive last night too. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Lmao...... no doubt, but if only it could be all off the field.... it's a given that the ball is coming his way even if it's only for a play or 2

4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I seriously doubt this is a good thing considering Steelers history over the past 20 years playing in Oakland. Raiders will be playing their hearts out... while the Steelers will be their usual slacker selves when they play anywhere on the west coast besides San Diego.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    The good:
    Christmas is almost here

The bad:
    Knowing Steelers wasted another season and 2 teams that were "done" may make the superbowl while we squaandalsdnaslnkdojhdaskdjnsa

The ugly:
    aojdla;kdja;slkjdqoiwjd;owjqd hate my life ';d;klasd;kadksa

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    covfefe

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    The good was Fort
    The bad and ugly were Bens was again as usual ,dumb ass picks and poor throws..Inexcusable ,year in,year out ,same ol Ben.

• Like Like x 1
  8. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Fort and Adeniyi need to be on the field vs. Raiders.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Aside from some of the obvious ones already discussed..... Ugly: I was disappointed in the number of dropped passes..... don't know the exact number but I saw several different players dropping balls on a seemingly warm dry december night.

10. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Would like to see more of Adeniyi and less of Dupree as he has been ineffective lately. Don't understand why we are always so slow in making changes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Standard is the standard

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I feel like every snap Dupree is working on his 40 time.. All he does is sprint up the field with no swim moves or anything.. Feel like if he didn't make contact with the O lineman he would just keep sprinting the full 40

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    The Good:

• We are still in playoff contention.
    • Javon Hargrave is a beast.
    • Terrell Edmunds is ascending.
    • Big Al needs a First Team All Pro nod.

The Bad:

• Inefficient offensive Third Down Conversions.
    • The amount of passing plays to running plays is still too disproportionate to what it once was in the beginning of the season.
    • Big Ben has developed "Irritable Farve Syndrome".

The Ugly:

• General fan perception of who is in charge of what; playcalling specifically.
    • Butler's shortcomings.
    • Officiating.
    • Artie Burns being active.
    • Turnovers.... or lack thereof.

I would entertain the idea of going further in depth but I have not the paitence nor time to do so.

• Like Like x 2
  14. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    i agree edmunds is getting better, went from terrible to bad. lol jk man :D

15. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    There is still hope for Edmunds. He's the least of our problems... and seems to be improving week to week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    He looks to be improving unlike Davis who is not improving.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    yeah i am just messing around. Ben/Butler are the main culprits. Not sure who else i can blame.

18. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
    I know that Ben is a part of our issues right now - but everyone is dancing around the fact that this D is still incapable of playing an entire 4 quarters. Had they showed up for the 4th last night, we're talking about how we handled the LAC, and looking forward to our matchups against NE and NO. Instead...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Burns had only been playing special teams. Remember, Sutton was unavailable for personal reasons, which forced them to turn to Burns when Haden briefly left the game.

20. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Chargers were the worst team out of the 3 good teams Steelers were facing in the last 5 weeks. Chargers pretty much dominated on both sides of the ball in the 2nd half... regardless of what the refs were doing. Patriots and Saints will wipe the floor with the Steelers. Those upcoming games may be close for 2 quarters, but Steelers will fold in the 3rd quarter like a cheap tent. It seems to be a trend now for the Steelers.... totally ineffective in the 2nd half with no adjustments made to address problems on BOTH sides of the ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
    I honestly think we have a better shot at NO than NE. If Ben and the receivers are on, we can put 40 on the board easily - which will keep it close (yikes).

NE, on the other hand, will play out in similar fashion to what we've been accustomed to - close game until late in the 3rd, when the D putters out and the Brady/Gronk show takes over.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree.... and Steelers usually commit a horrific turnover sometime in the 3rd quarter vs. Patriots which clearly doesn't help matters.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't know what game you were watching, but the Chargers' defense was not dominating the line of scrimmage. The Steelers scored one touchdown. They had two of the three other drives scuttled by holding penalties that were more a matter of sloppy play than the Chargers forcing anything.

There is plenty of negative to talk about with that game. Try to stick to the actual negatives, like the defense falling apart and the sloppy mistakes that cost the offense all night.

24. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
    Truth - our OL schooled Bosa/Ingram for most of the contest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Exactly. Bosa had a big sack, but really the only issue for the offensive line was the two huge penalties.

The offense scored 30 points against a good defense even with the quarterback giving away 10 points and the kicker giving away one. It is tough to put much blame on the offensive line, even moreso when you consider that the penalty on Foster was crap.

• Agree Agree x 1