1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

With the 30th pick the Pittsburgh Steelers select

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Feb 13, 2017.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  2. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
  3. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    you cant pass on him. if he is there it would be the 2nd fastest trip to the podium.lol fastest was heath miller. you can split him out. he blocks well. of course when people see him run and his numbers at combine or pro day, he will probably go top 13 or so

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Well maybe we should let him hang around with Snoop Dogg for a little bit just to get his stock to drop... LOL!

5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Howard will be drafted mid 1st round, possibly by the giants as well the dophins and broncos want a TEnd:

From Giantswire:

There is a possibility the Giants spend an early round draft pick on a tight end that can both block and play a part in the passing game. Will Tye and Jerell Adams are talented, young tight ends, but the Giants need more from the position.

Larry Donnell is a free agent and after his 2016 season, it doesn’t seem likely that he will be re-signed. The Giants will be looking for a someone who can work in the passing game over the middle while also having the ability to block.

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Not quite sure I'm ready to make a run for the border, gotta see some more tape. He just doesn't seem like a dynamic pass rusher in the OLB mold, but more of a DE. He seems like he would grow more into that DE role than have the athleticism that Dupree had, where he could lose some weight and stay at OLB.

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Woodley played the same position at the same school, he was able to make the transition to OLB. If Charlton dropped 10 lbs, he might be able to play OLB.

8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

I said this in another thread, I don't see Howard getting past the Gmen. Yeah they need LB help and may go that direction but TE is a big need as well for them, heck I wouldn't be surprised if they picked a WR there too, maybe Davis from Western Mich.......

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Good call the Davis pick makes a ton of sense for the Giants. Cruz is gone and their D is pretty set,could probably use a LB. They are basically in the same boat as us as far as QBs...they could really use a guy like Davis even more than Howard...

• Like Like x 1