1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

With the 28th pick in the 2018 draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Steelers2018

Steelers2018 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    We didn’t give Vince big money? Also I think Miami will end up releasing Timmons. Either to save money or because he wants out. So it’s possible he could be back. Which would be fine with me. I’ve always loved Timmons. Guys a baller and we would be able to give him even less than offered last year. Because he saw that the grass isn’t always greener after he left

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    What part of Matakevich is only a special teamer don't you understand? They don't need him to stop the run because he isn't going to play :shrug:.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If you would read my post then you would be the one that understands I was talking about Vince Williams. Injuries do happen though. If you think that's all red will be coach Tomlin than you should know better. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I think Rashaan Evans will be available for our pick at 28. Really only the Raiders, Bills and New Orleans (pick right before us) could use a LBer as bad as us. Buffalo has two picks back to back so I bet one is an ILB. Roquan Smith to the Raiders more than likely.

So probably Tremaine Edmunds, Malik Jefferson and Evans will be left after pick #10. I don't like Jefferson so hopefully he goes to one of those other teams.

I need to research Edmunds and Evans. One or two of those three should be on the board if the team decides to go in that direction.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Tremaine Edmunds is quite the athlete for certain with the fundementals to match. Being 6'5 and weighing 250, he moves surprisingly well for a linebacker his size in terms of agility and quick change of direction. He can also play inside or outside.

RaShaan Evans is quite like Edmunds but more polished and minus the athleticism. He still is a quality athlete but not like Edmunds. However, unlike Edmunds, Evans looks very natural in coverage. Add the fact that he comes from a 3-4 defense and, until stated or indicated otherwise from both Tomlin and Butler, he is a plug and play starter.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I'd try to trade up for minkah Fitzpatrick. Give up the next 2 first rounders and this year' 2nd if you have to.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    While I would love to see Fitzpatrick in a Steelers uniform that would be an astonishingly foolish move. That would rank above Ditka’s tradefor Ricky Williams and the Vikings trading for Herschel Walker.

Right about now footballanalyst is googling Mike Ditka,Ricky Williams, and Herschel Walker. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Agree, that's a lot to give up for a non-QB

9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Lol. A runningback is one of the dumbest positions to try to draft early. To try to compare that to a game changing safety is idiotic. But welp if they don't do that this team won't win a sb. That simple. It's been proven tomlin and co can't take and supplement a scheme to complement decent players and make them look formidable on defense. It would be astonishgly foolish to think a team full of drafted rookies on defense is going to stop tom Brady when it counts.

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
  11. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Idiotic is giving up two first round picks and more for any player. If they were one player away from a dynasty then trading up into the top 5 range might make sense; however, we aren’t there. What you propose will only set this team back several years. Being that the game has changed a lot since before you were born you might want to refrain from commenting on things you clearly don’t understand.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  12. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I think the Cowboys would disagree.........

13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

And the jags

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    A few rb's this year, McCaffrey and if not for injury Cook too.

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If Colbert did that he should be fired, the Steelers are more than one player away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    All those years when we had an elite defense did we have elite corners? No. We got away with starting william gay due to great safety play. Great safety play masks alot of things. I think a free safety and MLB is what' missing but that's only cause of shazier

17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Zeke is one out of how many? How many of the top rbs in the NFL are high draft picks. Rarely any. Zeke dominated Alabama so he was a given. He's an aberration not the norm. Look at all the great rookie running backs this yr. How many of them were drafted high? Rb' s have the shortest life span of any offensive skill position.

18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Mccaffrey isn' just a rb. He's a great slot receiver as well and doesn't carry the same workload a regular rb does. He doesn't count. Cook was drafted in the 2nd round. Im talking about that top 10 range not a 2nd round pick that' perfectly ok to draft a rb. Kareem hunt, kimara, cook, Clement from PHI, etc.. all were UNDRAFTED or later round picks.

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree but was pointing out you can draft a RB high and be successful. In this day RB's Aren't drafted high a lot but they do work out sometimes. We will see how Barkley does he is a top 5 pick imo....of course he may go to the Clowns and that will be his death, lol.

20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Still a RB you can't pick and choose especially when you want to use Kamara as an example who does a lot of the same stuff. My bad on Cook hard to keep everything straight. Like I just said in my other post your right on finding RB's later but you can also find them early.

21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow, this isn't even conceivable, I agree we have to be more proactive in draft and FA
    but there has to be some long term planning in our actions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    This mock draft has us picking rashaan evans at 28, but I think he might not make it to 28:

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/nfl-...d-picks-top-players-order-2018-nfl-draft-1-28

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Kamara only because he shares carries with Ingram. He's an everydown rb. Mccaffrey is not. He was no where near 1000 yds rushing while kimara got 1000 while sharing touches with another pro bowler. And you can but it's rare. It' much harder to find a beast safety drafted late than a beast rb.

24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Why not draft Lamar Jackson at 28 then?

25. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Other than the fact we have bigger needs than another qb?

• Agree Agree x 1