1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

With the 25th pick in the 2016 NFL

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Badboy212, Apr 28, 2016.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    See how the bengals just took who we we're going to get?? Just like what the Ravens did to us last year with Matt Williams. Colbert' philosophy of not ever wanting to move up in the early rounds. Everyone on the NFL network said that everybody knew who we wanted so one of our division rivals screwed us.

3. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Artie burns is a good get; but the bengals made Colbert look stupid.

4. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Wait... we desperately need corners.... and Colbert looks stupid for getting Senquez Golson over Maxx Williams? Artie Burns is a good get, but Colbert looks stupid because the Bengals took a corner before us?

Can you sound any more ridiculous? Like if you put extra effort in to it?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I didn't care much about the whole Maxx Williams ordeal last year.

But I'm still pretty mad at what happened last night.

To lose out on WJax3 and then not to have been the trade partner with Denver. It just looks so bad and it is.

6. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I concur.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It's being reported on NFL network that Dallas was aggressively trying to trade up for Lynch. They quoted Jerry Jones as saying that when he saw the comp that Seattle got from Denver, that Dallas would have sweetened the pot further. Also, Dallas was talking to Seattle. I wonder if they called us and were told no.

8. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I read a report, discussed by Bob Labriola, that the Steelers turned down an offer from the Broncos to trade down. Reportedly we would have received a 3rd round pick to move to 31.

If this is true than shame on Kevin Colbert. Could have got Burns at 31 most likely.

Also, it's reported that William Jackson III definitely felt like he would be picked at #25 by the Steelers.

:cray:

9. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Oh...don't talk about Kevin Colbert like that. Or the Kevin Colbert police will come and get you!!! Hahahahahaha. Elvis, don't get mad at me this time; I didn't say that about Colbert! lmfao!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Yep. I agree with you. I'm not hopping mad, because I think Burns has good long term upside, but I'd rather have the extra 3rd, and I think it's at least 50% likely that Burns would have been ther at 31.

11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Kevin Colbert simply can't draft defensive players. He absolutely sucks at it. Taking a project player in the 1st round when our team is good enough to compete now, that just makes no sense. What is our obsession with these small corners? Why can't we ever get a bigger corner who could turn into a shut down guy?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Hey I'm as Pro-Colbert as anyone around here. But he got schooled last night on 2 fronts.

13. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016

Thank you Steelcity. He's been getting schooled up but most haven't noticed it. This notion of his that you don't ever have to move up in the early rounds of a draft isn't necessarily true. And it cost him yesterday. But we move on.

He's a good GM but he has shortcomings.

14. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    I don't really care about the trade down angle at all... What bothers me is how highly they valued a developmental/project player, in the first round, at a desperate area of need.... for the 2nd year in a row. I've never recovered from the Jets trading right in front of us for Revis (we were going to take him). I'm still not over NOT trading up for Peters last year. And then to have WJIII come this close.

Dale Lolley has reported that they had multiple DTs rated higher than Burns, but I also agree with Lolley that from the early teens through the 2nd round/top 60ish, this draft had negligible difference in talent. The frustration for me arises from the fact that I had William Jackson III, Andrew Billings, and Emmanuel Ogbah in that small top 15 of players... and one of them was nabbed right in front of us, and while we left the other 2 to take on another project.

But hey, Billings and Ogbah are still on the board.... so what the **** do i know :)

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol:

If he some how lasted until our pick tonight, I'd feel much better with

Burns
    Billings
    Thompson

Not likely to unfold that way, unfortunately.

16. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Yea, after last night's gut punch I fully expect all the ideal DL/S/Edge guys to get drafted within the 8 picks before us (Billings, Ogbah, Thompson absolutely being the ideal targets), and then we'll draft TJ Greene, Justin Simmons, Jatavis Brown, Javon Hargrave or Dadi Nicolas (guys I have as a 4th round targets) in the 2nd.

If those 3 are on the board for a few picks... I would definitely trade our 3rd with our 2nd to move up and get one of them. On the trade chart.... that's 465 points.

#41 Chicago (490 points) Maybe they are interested in moving down for an extra 3rd since they traded their 4th to move up yesterday?

Daydreaming....

17. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    You have insight in to Colbert's notions?

18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I just don't see how gaining an extra 3rd would not be the way to go. Just mind boggling for me right now. The only reason I can fathom is that they feared Carolina who just lost Norman would try to draft Burns.

19. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Ok. Who would you have traded with, why would the other team have done the deal, and at what level of compensation? If you think you know better, explain why there was a deal available.

20. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    For me, the extra 3rd would have allowed us some solid ammo to move up into the upper half of the 2nd.

21. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    who would you be targeting?

I'd take the extra player in the 3rd I think.

22. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, it would have depended on who we actually got at #31. If it was Burns, I would be looking to get my highest ranked edge rusher, D lineman or safety if there was a guy we wanted badly. It's not automatic. You can take another player too, especially if several players we like keep falling. It gives you options that I don't see us having right now. I expect to keep on cringing for the next 20 picks as player I like go off the board.

23. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Not much apparently. Ogbah? Really?

That guy is a bum. Idgaf what his combine numbers are he gets blocked easily by college lineman and runs in an awkward stiff-hipped lumbering way.

Ogbah has bust written all over him.

And... I see he was drafted by the Browns which speaks volumes.

24. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016

Don't say that!!!!! Because the Kevin Colbert police (He'll be here soon) will come after you with guns a blazing!!

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Heyward
    Tuitt
    Shazier
    Timmons
    Ike
    Troy
    Hampton
    Woodley