1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

With the 20th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Jan 25, 2022.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

What I do not understand is the misconception among the media that mobile QBs have never existed in the 100+ Year History of the NFL! Fran Tarkenton did exist at one point in time; Terry Bradshaw, Rodger Staubach and even the likes of John Elway the same. For that matter, one does not even have to look back that far as QBs like Big Ben, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson or even a lesser extent in Kirk Cousins have been around as well. Talk about being short sighted!!... sheesh.

Seriously PFF.... get out of your own head and come smell the roses in reality.. my goodness....

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Steve Young says hello. So do many others.

You like Strong? I think he's my favorite in this draft right now. That could change with more looking...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I totally agree. If You have ever watched speak for yourself ....M. Wiley was trying 2 explain this 2 E. Acho last week.
    I was like I been saying this. That's why now when people talk about Mobile Qbs I think they must be talking about running Qbs, because I can't remember an NFL without Mobile Qbs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I would think so. They are talking bout guys like Jackson, Allen and Murray. You could throw Herbert in there, he could run as much as Allen if the Chargers wanted to use him that way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

100% Tomlin has talked about mobility in a QB exclusively far as I can tell. "Mobility is valued." The front runners to be QB based on that perspective are Willis and Ridder. Pickett has adequate mobility I'm sure but enough to trade up for?

I doubt Carson Strong is the guy. :hmm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think there is a quarterback worth trading up for in this draft. Pickett should be the first one off the board, but we are in the part of the scouting process during which the people running football teams become stupid. They fall in love with 40 times and what they see a guy do in shorts and a t-shirt and forget what he did during games.

In shorts and a t-shirt, Willis is probably the best quarterback in this draft. Put the pads on and Pickett is just one of the quarterbacks who blows by him. (To be clear, I'm using shorts and a t-shirt metaphorically. I'm including practices during which the quarterback may be wearing a helmet or even full pads, but doesn't have to make decisions at the same speed as he would in a game.)

Pickett has the sort of mobility the Steelers should be interested in for their next quarterback. He can move around in the pocket. He can make a defense pay for turning its collective back on him, the way Herbert did against the Steelers. He won't limit an offense with his mobility the way Roethlisberger did the last two seasons. He is actually pretty darn good on a quarterback sneak. He doesn't run the 40-yard-dash in 4.4 seconds or less, but that's just fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1