1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

With the #20 pick in the 2019 NFL Draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Guy may be a stud..or a dud, just to risky especially with this team's history at drafting CB's so high.

2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    They just need to stop reaching with there first pick.. Dude is a possible mid second round talent. No reason to take him at 20

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Second to getting ya-sin at 20, trading up for Devin Bush is a mistake imo

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    TJ looks like he has the suit Big Ben had on when he was drafted....just sayin

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    You want Hock so bad that anyone else in the 1st round is going to kill you!

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    HaHA I know..

.I would like C. Wilkins, B Murphy, Savage and Baker too though. To be honest there are some damn good O-lineman I would take too but it's just not a pressing need.

7. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I’m hoping for a defensive player who provides instant impact. Corner, safety, ILB, or OLB I don’t care. I just want an immediate defensive upgrade with tonight’s pick.

8. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I also really like Wilkins, Murphy and Baker (if we’re going to prioritize man coverage). I like Savage, but I really don’t see him as value at pick #20.

9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Hate to pat myself on the back but...........Nailed it!:lolol:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Nice job. I would have lost money because I'd have bet the farm they wouldn't move up that far.

However, they didn't pay as steep a price as I thought they would. I feared losing a first rd next yr too. They can essentially move back into the second tomorrow with their early 3rd and another pick.

Then all it's costing them is a 3rd next year and they probably recoup that for Bell.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    They better move now or we sit and watch 54 players go by before we pick again. Pitiful. :cool:

12. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    33 players... we pick at #66

13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    We took him at 10. Sorry 55 players.:cool:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  14. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Oh, you’re counting picks 11-32... Water under the bridge now. Lots of talent left. Someone very good at a position of need will be there at #66. We’re just not going to fill as many needs tonight as we could otherwise have filled.

15. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Definitely sounds like we will not move both 3rds to get back into the 2nd as per Colbert. Only reason he made the trade last night was because we have 2 picks tonight.

Could be a mistake if we pass on guys like Adderly, CGJ and Winovich.

Although I am confident with how few WRs came off the board that guys like Arcega Whiteside and isabella will be there around 66.

I wouldn't doubt we potentially move a 6th to jump back into round 2.

16. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I could see moving up a few picks by trading a 6th or even two of our three 6ths.

My Day 2 dream is to land Winovich and then trade Bud for a 4th or 5th rounder to get his $9+ million off the books. Then use that available cap space to fill a short term hole or two with decent players that get cut post-draft.

17. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I understand what you're saying about filling needs but making the picks doesn't necessarily mean we are filling needs. With the 8 picks we have left if we can get just 4 more to make our roster it will be a big accomplishment regardless of when and where we pick them. It's rare to land and keep 5 players from a draft. Our roster is pretty tight. IMO

18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I saw a stay yesterday that said 41% of bens tds the last four years went to AB. WR in the next 3 picks. TE possibly.

Mullen or layne may be around as a corner. hooker or thornhill but will probably be Willis or edwards at safety. Just depends on who is left at that point.:cool:

19. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Disagree on the tightness of our roster. I think we need 1) a 2020 starting corner, 2) a 2020 starting free safety, 3) a #2 TE, 4) at least one, maybe two D line prospects to replace Walton and McCullers, 5) a third RB, 6) at least one O lineman to add to the stable for grooming. Oh, and let’s not forget that Dupree is making $9+million on a 1 year option. Behind him we have Chick and two unproven guys. I didn’t mention WR because I like what we have there, but some see that as a big need too.

There are no sure-fire replacements waiting in the wings to meet those needs. There are guys, some of whom may end up panning out, but history shows that most (or all) of those guys won’t adequately fill those needs when/if they get the chance.

We have a lot of needs. This draft has some depth at pretty much every position listed above.

20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I didn't mean if I intimated we don't have needs...I agree we have needs but how many of these guys are gonna come in and bump someone else off the roster. We have a clear path for a TE,DL ,FS and RB after that things get tight. We filled the major need for a 3 down player at ILB. Upgrades and needs are different. We need a upgrade at OLB but we only went with 3 last year and still have 2 in the wings. CB can use a upgrade but are we cutting Burns or Sutton? O line is extremely solid to me. Some of the unproven guys are the same guys that would be drafted.....unproven. Keep in mind only 53 make the roster, 46 dress. The rest are somewhat susceptible on the PS.

While it would be nice to draft for 2020, we should be focusing in on guys who have a clear path to make the team this year. Like I said you're lucky if you nail 5 players in the whole draft. Making picks doesn't necessarily mean you're filling needs.....I would use our 8 picks to try and target 4-5 players that have the best chance of filling needs and making the roster. Historically speaking the later the selection the less chance said player has of making the roster. All those 6s and the 7 should be ammunition to target better players. Players that have the easiest path. While it would be great to get 2020 starters at FS,CB and OLB they better do it in the next three picks or chances become very slim.

21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
  22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I'd like to see kendall sheffield drop and we get him and ir him until next year. That would be like an extra pick next year. We wouldn't have to worry about him taking a spot on the 53 this year.:cool: