1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

With the 17th pick in the 2013 draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select....

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelCity_NB, Dec 30, 2012.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I am sticking with banks for right now. Looks to be the best cb in the draft although he did get dinged up today.

I don't like the lsu guys, mingo or montgomery.

When te'o runs 4.75 at the combine he is going to fall. Maybe not to #17 but he won't be in the top 10. Either trade up and go get him or maybe you hope you can get alec ogltree from georgia. Looking great today and may have morE upside than te'o

2. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ezekial Ansah 3-4OLB/4-3DE BYU

3. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Stay put and take Ogeltree, he's gonna be a monster

4. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I didn't like his performance in the bowl game, but that may have been a result of the gameplan. It appeared that he absorbed way too much, and wasn't comfortable attacking the ball, prefering instead to play mop up. He looks like a guy that needs a clear lane in order to make an impact, and that taking on FB's, TE's and OG's will cause him fits. Maybe Jenkins being out really exposed him, or maybe the coaches told him to shadow Martinez at all costs and not to allow him to have a big running play, because he didn't play with aggression from what I saw. Will have to study up on him some more now that I saw some flaws.

I like him, but am starting to think shying away from him and taking an Earl Holmes-esque thumper would be a better pairing with Timmons. Ogletree can pass cover like the best of them, but I've heard that Spence is the same way. I think if we go ILB I'd take a hard look at guys like Minter and Skov, and bypass Ogletree. Again, I'll have to study some more film on him to see if he was purposely taken out of the game today by his coaches by shadowing Martinez, or if it's a flaw that was hidden by the talented front 4 for most of the season.

5. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think that even if Te'o runs a 4.75, he won't fall far. He's a stud, and as they say, will be able to play in almost any defensive scheme. However, he won't be there at 17. McShay has him going at #11 in his latest mock. But some don't agree. 2 guys on one site, one has him going 5th, the other 15th...... :lolol:

We can always hope......