1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

With the 17th pick in the 2013 draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select....

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelCity_NB, Dec 30, 2012.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    CB Jonathan Banks, Missiissippi St... Playmaker.

Who you got?

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    if we sign back lewis ,with allen and taylor we are pretty good there , i think we need a pass rusher badly , at 17 i hope e..ansah will be available , i like d.jordan too but probably will be gone , anyway i like banks but with that three signed i would take a cb later

3. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I'm sticking with Te'o....even if a trade is needed.

If I stay there...I might go Chance Warmack.... Adams, Warmack, Pouncey, Decastro, Gilbert /Starks, Foster, Beachum,Legursky

If you can't run behind that..you really just can't run the ball...you better start chucking it all over

HACK

4. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    yes warmach is an option i thought i wouldn't complain ,and at the same time would mean run out of town colon ,trading up for teo after the win of today has no sense ,

5. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011

Trading for Te'o makes all the sense in the world....you need a ILB....get the best one in the draft.....

I have always been of the ilk of picking two guys you feel the best about.....GO GET THEM AT ALL COST....let the other picks fall where they may

That being said....leaving Te'o alone....signing Rolando McClain...and drafting Warmack and Amerson 1-2 would make me pretty happy too.

HACK

6. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    make no sense because you could have lose today if you wanted to trade up . i mean we give up a 2nd round pick just to don't get swept by the clowns?.. ALL COST SHOULD HAVE IMPLIED FIRST A LOSE TODAY (WE WOULD HAVE PICKED AT 12 )

7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    If he's available you pretty much have to go with Warmack. It may have taken 4-5 years, but hopefully that pick would solidify the offensive line for the long term. Of course that also means that not a single player on the starting offensive line has ever played a full NFL season.

8. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    and with gilbert around all of these high picks are always still in danger :lolol:

9. 2LT CoolSlaw

2LT CoolSlaw Member

Dec 6, 2011
    We seem to have more needs for the next draft than i can remember in quite a while. I think there is a good chance to trading back into the mid-20s and taking Elam from Florida. Maybe getting another 3rd rounder for the trade if the draft value adds up.

10. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    No way do I trade back....we earned this high pick the hard way.....

as for losing to Cleveland.....Got to remember...the better draft pick is coming in to take someone who played today's job.....They would not lie down to lose their job.

HACK

11. lersgofor7

lersgofor7 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011

I wish...no way he falls to 17 and it will take a monster trade to get up past 7-8 range...doubtful...

12. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011

I have always felt Te'o will go between 10-15.......and honestly...I would have no problem trading both this years and next years #1 to do it.

Not that I am saying Te'o is the next Patrick Willis.....but if you could trade this years #1 and Mendenhall, or Hood, or Heyward for Willis...How many would do it in a heartbeat?

if you think Te'o is a can't miss (and I do) then you make the trade.....Te'o might night be Willis...but he is Bowman....he might not be Urlacher but he is Briggs.... Te'o and Timmons is a top ranked LB crew for years to come.

HACK

13. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    We did it for Troy; I can see doing it for Te'o, who I would figure the Rooney's absolutely love (perfect mix of talent and character). Sometimes you have to be the attacker and not just sit back and take what comes all the time. Only thing is what happens to Spence?

14. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    Spence takes Sly's role....ST...and backup

HACK

15. lersgofor7

lersgofor7 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011

I would love that...I just cant see it happening... if he gets by detroit at 5 he most certainly wont get past buffalo... both of those teams have LB needs... but if he does fall to us ---->>>> :shots:

16. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    ROLO will be out there for the taking. IMO Raiders will move him like you say, and a new home is all he needs. I'd have a piss poor attitude if I played for a team that has that many issues too, and we ain't talking injuries either!

17. Tdot Steeler Fan

Tdot Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I hope we can get Te'o but it looks extremely unlikely. Never say never though, no one had DeCastro falling to us ether last draft.

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    matt elam saftey , university of florida.:cool:

19. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i like elam , we can even trade down and still get him

20. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    All the players you guys have mentioned would help us...I just think the Steelers' front office is going to pick an outside rushing linebacker (with James Harrison most likely gone) in the first round .. I don't think Te'o will be there when we pick, and do not see the Steelers trading up for Te'o.

Me personally, I am torn between Matt Elam at Safety in the first round or David Amerson, the cornerback. I don't think these guys will last until round two. I think we should go with a pass rushing linebacker in round 2.

just my 2 cents...

21. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I was screaming for us to take Bowman in that draft (I still would trade Sanders away for Bowman anytime). Bowman and Timmons would have had us set for years at ILB. He was always a playmaker at PSU. Not sure how we missed that. Who knows, Sanders might have made it to the 4th anyway and we got Brown later. We also should have picked up Burfict in the 7th - there reward for that way outweight the risk.

22. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Id love to get Teo but I think he is gone at 17 so Ill take Barkevious Mingo from LSU

23. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think Teo will be there at 17, but I don't think he goes top 10. I think Keuchly is quite a bit better than Teo and Keuchly went at 9, so I can see Teo falling out of the top 10.

24. Cantonbornsteeler

Cantonbornsteeler New Member

Jan 1, 2013
    I like Teo also but he may not be there. Alec Ogletree has a huge upside and he should be there at 17

25. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    if is there ... he would have been if we had lost vs the browns : first example of player i didn't like to lose